For Real ....Herman “IS” Done!!!

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by HoffHorn, Oct 3, 2020.

1. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

• WTF? WTF? x 3
    • Hot Hot x 2
  2. LonghornCatholic

Herman may need to team up with Zach and co-pilot a podcast.

• Hot Hot x 1
  3. MajesticII

MajesticII 1,000+ Posts

Assistants are key to success. Charlie screwed himself with his hires, especially on defense. Orlando decided to experiment with the rush 3 drop 8 defense and it was a bust. Herman finally found a couple of assistants who may have been good, but Covid hit and we will never know. Add that Herman probably stuck his nose into the offense too much, surely killing his chances for success. Throw in his stubborn antics, and Herman was doomed to fail. Sark better find some good coaches or Texas will be looking for a new coach in three years.

4. Seattle4UT

Seattle4UT 1,000+ Posts

Better hope CDC got this one right. Texas is supposed to be a destination and not a stepping stone. 3 coaches in less than 10 years already doesn’t look good.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. MajesticII

MajesticII 1,000+ Posts

I don't care what the team does in the win-loss column in 2021. All I care about right now is Sark having everyone of the Longhorns there with their horns up ( don't have to sing ) when The Eyes of Texas is played over the loud speakers ( I want the band eliminated ).

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

Well, let’s say he was at Cincinnati or UCF or somewhere, he could get all protest-y with the players at the expense of whatever tradition they may have, and no one would even notice. And if he goes 10-2 or 11-2 at Louisville or UH or wherever, he would get treated as a genius sufficiently for his ego and he wouldn’t even have to tone it down.
    He did all this at UH, and I think he’s better now, having learned what he learned.
    Probably where we don’t want him is Iowa State as their next coach, or maybe Kansas. I’d rather him be at U Louisiana where I can wish him well.

• Like Like x 1
  7. beijinghorn1

beijinghorn1 500+ Posts

You give a clown who lost to Maryland in consecutive seasons far more credit than I give him. The only reason I don't want him in conference is so the conference is not made weaker.

• Like Like x 2
    • Hot Hot x 1
  8. pluckeye

pluckeye 250+ Posts

Rice?

9. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

I hope Tom learns from this and does better as he moves forward. I just do not want to have to play his new team in a bowl game.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Sounds like Coach Boom to UGA anyway

• Like Like x 1
  12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I cued this to when Sark starts talking but if you want to hear the other guys just back it up

• Like Like x 1
  13. LonghornCatholic

I’m glad. Too unhinged for me.....Muschamp.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Also the Mile Stoops rumor has apparently also been shot down
    Thankfully

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Yes, but does he go on his roof and...oh, never mind.

:coolnana:

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  17. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The three names I've seen for OL coach, arguably the position in biggest need of upgrade, are --
    Kyle Flood - Bama OL coach
    Adrian Klemm - Steelers (formerly with SMU under Jones and UCLA under Mora)
    Brad Davis - Ark, prev w/ UF and Misery

18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

These are various comments made by a UDub 247 moderator pulled from a Wash 247 board about Sark:

-- I dealt with Steve a lot while he was at Washington. First thing to know is he is incredibly bright. He learned a lot at Washington and fought some demons. He's a bright, articulate, charming, engaging guy who is also competitive as hell. He's appeared to put his demons behind him. You're going to love Sark. It will be interesting to see who he fills his staff with. Knowing the competitive nature of Sark, I'm sure he negotiated a large assistant salary pool. If he gets Tosh Lupoi on staff, watch out. Tosh is one of the best recruiters I've ever dealt with. He's currently with Atlanta. He's an outstanding recruiter and phenomenal working with QB's. He trusts his guys and has an edge. Guys love playing for him. Texas didn't hit a home run with Sark. They hit a grand slam.

-- Not sure you have a grasp on how good of a recruiter he is. Relentless and ruthless. He'll win the press conference, the team, and current recruits. He's good.

-- He did a pretty good job at UW. He took over an 0-12 program which was bad. Really bad. He changed the culture quickly and had the kids beleiviong in temselves. He hired Nick Holt as his DC, which didn't work at all. He let him go and hired Justin Wilcox, which was a home run. Won seven games his last two years, but recruited very, very well. was set up with a great roster once he purged all Tyrone's guys and improved the talent.

-- The Washington team that made CFP was mostl;y led by guys Sark brought in. Didn't mean to upset anybody, just thought I'd add my two cents on the hire since I dealt with him quite a bit at UW. Most Washington fans are happy for him because they understand the situation. Texas gained a lot of fans from the fine state of Washington today.Good luck

-- If I'm a Texas fan, I'm excited and intrigued. Especially interested in the staff he assembles. With stops at Washington, USC, Atlanta, and Alabama, I'm sure he's learned a lot. Sark isn't a rockhead. He's a very, very bright guy.

-- Tosh is in Atlanta and they will be hiring a new coach. Word from a source close to him is he would prefer to stay in the NFL. If he doesn't land an NFL gig, he could join Sark.

• Like Like x 6
  19. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  20. horninchicago

He does a better Hook 'Em than mack Brown.

2d642ca58fc16221aa13f717a6c4ff7c.jpg

:popcorn:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2021
  21. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

interesting contrast in reactions ...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  22. horninchicago

Anyone in Columbus for the 2005 game is not surprised.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  23. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

Why do I take the bait!??

You think that “Kansas” would get weaker with Herman?
    You think Tech would be weaker than they are now with Herman?

I understand being upset at him: I have wanted him gone for a while. But under Herman, our program is (if you filter the current UT culture/EoT crisis out) in much better shape than when he took the job. Charlie left us with literal losing seasons. Tom left us in the top 15 based on 3 close losses in a 7-3 season. Look at the talent on the roster, even in back up positions. Look at the effort by the team, always to the end of every game and the end of every season. We upgraded our facilities.

I wanted him gone and am glad he is. But you are really missing something if you think he can’t build a program. Just not here, where his personality is a no-go.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  24. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

click once to enlarge

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

25. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Wonder what Larry is rapping about today?

26. MajorRules00

MajorRules00 500+ Posts

Coach Sark is a very well-spoken man. He will handle the social/political side of the job very well.

• Agree Agree x 2
  27. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

Watched the video. He is so much more comfortable in his own skin than Tom Herman.
    I think this will probably work.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2021
  28. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Players only meeting called today per IT

They also said the only offensive coach to be retained is RB Coach Stan Drayton

29. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

30. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts