For Real ....Herman “IS” Done!!!

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by HoffHorn, Oct 3, 2020.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Nick Satan --

[​IMG]

2. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Hopefully him when that rolls around.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

I like Hand. We have won bowl games because of improved OL and QB play. I hope the new coaches take it to a higher level.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. horninchicago

When it sucks *** all season, it isn't a big stretch for it to improve in Bowls.

5. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

Improving on Charlie’s legacy is the lowest of bars to measure against

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

Don’t forget that the only bar I have to go over for this argument is to improve on the legacy of Kansas Jayhawk football 2020. Winless. Think Tom Herman can do worse!

7. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

They say this was Roschon, Casey and Josh Thompson calling the meeting to get everybody on the same page and make sure they stay in shape. Point of emphasis on hip mobility.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

9. OrangeShogun

OrangeShogun 500+ Posts

Two of these three (Roschon, Josh Thompson) were part of the group that tweeted the extortion demands of last summer. It gives me pause to think they are part of the new "team leadership". Hopefully, these "leaders" will have the insight to provide a comparable statement declaring their support for the University of Texas, it's history, traditions and alumni.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  10. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

First thing when Sark gets to campus, is to ask who is on board focusing on football and not SJW crap. Anyone not on board, politely show them how to use the portal. Maybe he loses several or maybe he loses none. I’m good either way.

By first thing, I mean after he throws the binder in the trash.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Hot Hot x 1
  11. horninchicago

Probably not to worry about The Binder. Herman probably guards that like the nuclear codes football.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. zuckercanyon

zuckercanyon 2,500+ Posts

When the NCAA allowed for players to put SJW type items on their uniforms, I believe Dabo Swinnery said something like "We support all players exercising their rights to protest injustices. However, while we're on the field representing Clemson, we won't allow any deviation from the uniform." I hope Sarkisian does something similar....

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  13. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

This is as minimal damnation-by-faint-praise as CDC insisting that Herman “was” our coach.

Basically: I guess I’m still proud of my UT degree. My players “did” represent the school tradition and screw you who think otherwise. I’m still okay with my staff and everyone else leaving town with me. Oh, yeah, good luck mofos.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. horninchicago

I asked elsewhere last night when this was posted, where is my BS flag?

15. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

CDC was 100% on target. Herman was our coach into 2021. As per usual, the statesman was wrong yet again spreading rumors he would be the coach next season.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. horninchicago

It would be amazing if it wasn't 2020 when that article came out and so many people believed it. Dolts believe the media. Anyway, one source says CDC told them on the phone Herman would be the coach this coming season and an amazing number of people bought it.

Stunning. CDC would only tell some AAS hack and not make a bold, public statement affirming it. Wow.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

I and some others pointed out at the time that it was clearly a lack of promise, not a promise.
    “It feels like you don’t love me anymore and plan to leave me.”
    “I never have actually said that, have I?”
    “You are staying with me forever, right?”
    “I have no current plan to leave.”

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I doubt there is much he could say that people would be happy with
    Maybe if he gave a shout out to Bill in Sinton?

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. horninchicago

Nope.

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. havoc7701

havoc7701 Sponsor and Aggy Ridiculer

LOL, while I am fully onboard with SS, I have to agree with you here. It would sure be awesome if there was a BIS shout-out at the end of his statement.

21. PecosBill

PecosBill 1,000+ Posts

Mack has to show off his NC ring.

• Funny Funny x 1
  22. horninchicago

If he did that it would be like Tom Hagen accepting the letter from Kay to give to Michael. Mensa would be admitting he knows the whereabouts of "Orangefans".

23. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The perception is that they were concerned with holding the recruiting class.

The hurt by the AAS guy seems odd. He may be the last guy anywhere in US media who still cares that statements be precise.

24. horninchicago

He has always done it like that with the thumb resting on the side of the middle finger. Well before the NC.

25. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

If anyone deserves one, its Bill

26. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

Get over it.
    Let it go.

• Agree Agree x 4
  27. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

Oh, I’m not aggravated or anything. I just get amused parsing through passive aggressive commentary hidden in otherwise pro forma announcements.

28. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Sark contract - not confirmed
    Six-year, $34.2 million
    Starting salary of $5.2 million

29. horninchicago

Man, I can see the benefit of being Mensa now.

30. havoc7701

havoc7701 Sponsor and Aggy Ridiculer

Hey, still a deal compared to what Aggy had to fork over for Jimbo Fisher.

They are still seeking ROI: Jimbo Fisher's contract remains a huge ripoff for Texas A&M

I'm hoping CDC got a well-negotiated contract with SS. I wish him 110% success on the Forty Acres of course, but hope the University is protected in case things don't work out.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1