? for those likely to vote Democrat in general

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Longhorn_Fan68, Apr 29, 2008.

1. MaduroUTMB

MaduroUTMB 2,500+ Posts

2. bozo_casanova

bozo_casanova 2,500+ Posts

I don't necessarily think he has to, and I agree (as I mentioned) he has a strong taint of big corn about him. But as a matter of economic policy I think (hope?) it goes beyond that into battery science, particulate suppression, etc.

The president doesn't have to be a project manager, but he does have to instruct agency staff to put a strong regulatory matrix in place to encourage and discourage.

3. bozo_casanova

Brulee- no offense taken- your post was just a jumping off point, I understand your point.

I'm pretty partisan on election day and I hope my Democrat bona fides are well established at this point. John McCain delivers marginally more on the stuff I care about than Hillary Clinton does. Obama delivers more than he does, but to me he's the first acceptable Republican nominee of my lifetime, and edges out Senator Clinton, who's primary guiding principle appears to be the pursuit of power through the vehicle of expediency. Everybody's got to vote their conscience, and I would hope at the end of the day we would respect each other more for it.

4. washparkhorn

washparkhorn 2,500+ Posts

Easier to jump if your candidate fails if you live in Texas - a non-contested state.

I am torn between Obama and McCain and live in a swing state. If Hillary is the nominee, I will vote for McCain despite my distain for his positions on compulsory public service, the First Amendment and health care (the ABSOLUTE WORST of the three).

5. HornsInTheHouse

HornsInTheHouse 500+ Posts

I can't believe the ordinarily rational people who would cut off their nose to spite their face. Hillary and Barack are not that far apart on policy matters, it just seems that way because during the primary season they have to fight to articulate their differences. In the general election against McCain I'll happily vote for Clinton or Obama.

What good is writing in your candidate's name going to do? Nothing. A few hours of bitter pride then regret as the results come in that night. The Republicans are going to be laughing all the way to Washington, filling the impending Supreme Court justices with anti-civil libertarians, and starting goodness knows how many more wars.

6. UTChE96

UTChE96 2,500+ Posts

7. BattleshipTexas

BattleshipTexas 1,000+ Posts

8. bozo_casanova

[​IMG]

it's called the intertubes, BT, feel free to peruse

9. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

10. chango

chango 2,500+ Posts

11. Mesohorny

Mesohorny 1,000+ Posts

Obama supporter, certain he'll be the nom, stay constantly pissed at HRC & her gang (I now see what my R friends bitched abt for yrs re Bill C), BUT if by hook or crook it's HRC, I will hold my nose and vote for the bug-eyed *****.

this country can't take 4 - 8 more yrs of a Republican POTUS.