For those who don't believe in God...

Discussion in 'Quackenbush's' started by Aces_Full, Apr 22, 2008.

1. Aces_Full

Aces_Full 500+ Posts

What is your stance on the paranormal? Do you believe/not believe in ghosts, demonic entities, spirts, etc? Also, do you belive in a heven and hell?

Just curious after I stayed home yesterday watching A Haunting on TV. I like that show.

2. BigWill

BigWill 2,500+ Posts

it's all ******** if you ask me.

And I don't see how you could believe in one and not the other.

3. Aces_Full

Aces_Full 500+ Posts

And the Soul. If you don't believe in God or the like, do you believe that people have souls? Just curious as to what everyone believes. It's not a pointed question.

4. Longhorn_Fan68

Longhorn_Fan68 1,000+ Posts

I don't see how the two are mutually exclusive. Why is it hard to believe that some people are capable of believing in one thing and not another?

5. JohnnyM

JohnnyM 2,500+ Posts

i also believe it's probably all ********, although i don't pretend to know for sure. i wish more people would stop pretending to know for sure, one way or the other.

6. Longhorn_Fan68

Longhorn_Fan68 1,000+ Posts

7. Aces_Full

Aces_Full 500+ Posts

Well I would assume people who have experienced ghosts or spirts or whatever believe they know them to exist. Only makes sense. If you have not experienced anything, then I can understand the doubt and skepticism. Personally, I have not experiened any of those things, but do believe in the human spirit and am inclined to believe in demonic entities.

8. RollingwoodHorn

RollingwoodHorn 500+ Posts

Nope, I don't believe in the paranormal.

If by soul, you mean some spirit that can live on outside the body, no I don't believe that there is such a thing as a soul. If you simply mean the essence of a being, their personality, thoughts, etc. then yes, I think humans have a soul but no more/less so than other sentient beings.

9. GT WT

GT WT 1,000+ Posts

Can one prove that there is no god/soul/demon/heaven/angel/hell? No.

Can one admit that evidence for such ideas is lacking? Yes.

I have no more reason to believe in god than I do to believe in fairies.

God bless Texas

[​IMG]

10. Aces_Full

Aces_Full 500+ Posts

I meant any God or Supreme being, not just the Christian form. No one has had paranormal experiences here? Just curious. If one befieves in a heaven and hell, I would assume they believe in spirits/ghosts and demonic entities. If one does not believe in a God and/or heaven & hell, then I guess they don't believe in spirts/ghosts and demons.

11. i believe in all of it........

12. Ranxerox

Ranxerox 25+ Posts

Don't know.

Paranormal could be part of nature. God does not have to have anything to do with it. Don't know about that, either, though I find it hard to understand why ghosts wear clothes. Is it the spirit or the location capturing something or both?

I want there to be a god or reasonable gods and I want there to be ghosts.

Both seem fanciful.

13. Perham1

Perham1 2,500+ Posts

14. Red Five

Red Five 500+ Posts

I don't technically believe in a god, but I think there's a whole lot of really weird **** out there that we don't even begin to know how to understand. I wouldn't have the first clue how to potentially explain away any of it, much less "believe" in it.

15. JohnnyM

JohnnyM 2,500+ Posts

16. RyanUTAustin

RyanUTAustin 1,000+ Posts

17. speaking of, does anyone watch 'paranormal state'?
    it always seems like it could be good but ends of being teh suck.
    except for that one where the little girl in las vegas was "seeing" that other gril who turned out to be a murder victim from san antonio. that was some freaky **** (knowing that it's always possible for people to find that info. ahead of time).

18. netslave

netslave 1,000+ Posts

19. Bernard

Bernard 1,000+ Posts

No God. No Heaven. No Hell. When you're dead, things are pretty much the way they were before you were born.

No demons, spirits, ghosts, etc.
    No ESP or Karma. Just coincidence.

It would be nice if there was some benevolent spirit watching over us that we get to meet when we die, but I've seen absolutely no evidence of his existence. Sounds more like a fairy tale.

I think it would really suck if the Christian model proves true and there's a all-knowing, all-powerful God that loves me and sacrificed his own son for my sins but will cast me into Hell for eternity because I lack the capacity to understand him. Talk about an ego-maniac on a power trip.

Then where did everything we see in the universe come from? It had to come from somewhere, right? Someone had to create it, right? But if the Creator created it all, then who created the Creator? Thinking about makes my head hurt. It's sorta like trying to figure out all the time travel logic behind the Terminator. It just doesn't add up.

Bernard

20. another thread that asks generally about "god" gets turned into what christians do or believe.
    if someone asks what a soul is, or if you believe in it why would your answer include what christians think? the concept of an eternal soul isn't the exclusive property of christians, and nobody on this thread implied that.
    then you state how it's a naive concept but explain it as it makes sense to you. [​IMG]

21. RyanUTAustin

RyanUTAustin 1,000+ Posts

22. stabone

stabone 500+ Posts

23. Ramathorn

Ramathorn 1,000+ Posts

Yes on all of it.

24. iamtigerwoods

iamtigerwoods 500+ Posts

I am still working on bringing back the gods of Greece. Why Zeus is not more popular these days, I can not figure out.

25. EPThorn

EPThorn 500+ Posts

I DO believe in god and he is the starting QB for the Tennessee Titans. [​IMG]

26. I_Live_In_OK

I_Live_In_OK 500+ Posts

27. BDog

BDog 250+ Posts

Nope, none of it.

28. Hayden_Horn

Hayden_Horn 1,000+ Posts

29. bobtheking

bobtheking 100+ Posts

30. iamtigerwoods

iamtigerwoods 500+ Posts