For those who don't believe in God...

Discussion in 'Quackenbush's' started by Aces_Full, Apr 22, 2008.

1. UTIceberg

UTIceberg 250+ Posts

I will only add that I've seen/heard some stuff out there that I just don't know how to explain.

2. I_Live_In_OK

I_Live_In_OK 500+ Posts

3. RayDog

RayDog 500+ Posts

No belief to it. There is insufficient scientific evidence to support a god hypothesis, or hypothetical heaven, hell, demons, ghosts, or spirits.

Paranormal is something else entirely as some studies (many unconfirmed reports, unfortunately) have shown that mammals exhibit signs of a form of communication that we have so far been unable to measure directly. It is possible it could be in the form often referred to as scalar waves.

4. netslave

netslave 1,000+ Posts

5. RollingwoodHorn

RollingwoodHorn 500+ Posts

6. Nivek

Nivek 500+ Posts

8. Uncle Rico

Uncle Rico 1,000+ Posts

people these days have trouble with faith because they are looking for something concrete and solid that they can feel, hear, smell and touch. thousands of years ago when science sucked so much of the world was unknown and faith was all they had.

i'm a christian and believe there is a god who sent his son to die for us. do i have problems with some of the historicals and different interpretations of things? sure. do i believe that religion to a certain extent in certain periods was used to control the population? perhaps.

that said, i'm not here to say who is right or wrong but i have my beliefs and you are more than welcome to have yours. i guess we will all find out sooner or later.

9. Perham1

Perham1 2,500+ Posts

10. netslave

netslave 1,000+ Posts

11. RayDog

RayDog 500+ Posts

12. RyanUTAustin

RyanUTAustin 1,000+ Posts

13. RyanUTAustin

14. netslave

netslave 1,000+ Posts

In reply to:

15. RyanUTAustin

16. netslave

netslave 1,000+ Posts

The phrase "God didn't HAVE to do it" was in reference to God, not to the Race in question. It was not mandated that God have to do this. Conversely, now we humans can see God's love for us through this.

17. RyanUTAustin

18. Red Five

Red Five 500+ Posts

That is, until, this loving god sends billions of us to burn in hell for eternity.

19. netslave

netslave 1,000+ Posts

20. Nivek

Nivek 500+ Posts

21. GT WT

GT WT 1,000+ Posts

22. netslave

netslave 1,000+ Posts

23. netslave

netslave 1,000+ Posts

24. RyanUTAustin

25. netslave

netslave 1,000+ Posts

26. Red Five

Red Five 500+ Posts

27. crash_davis

crash_davis 250+ Posts

the thing that i love from religion freaks quoting a book as law is that they can arbitrarily pick and chose which verse to quote as law, and then conveniently dismiss other verses as metaphor/fables/stories. i don't understand the hypocrisy of it.

is the book the word of god or isn't it? if it is, don't you have to follow every word as it is 'written", by man no less. what makes you qualified to pick and chose which verses to follow and judge people by and which to conveniently ignore and break?

and religion didn't create god. religion was created by man. god doesn't need religion for people to feel and know his love and presence.

28. Nivek

Nivek 500+ Posts

29. netslave

netslave 1,000+ Posts

30. netslave

netslave 1,000+ Posts