Foreman vs. Gray

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by majorwhiteapples, Nov 20, 2015.

1. majorwhiteapples

majorwhiteapples 5,000+ Posts

I need some help here......

How does Gray ever see the field? We are losing our *** and whatever intangible he brings to the table is not working enough for us to win. I thought it was said or hinted that if the upper classman was equal to the younger player, the younger player would play? I would include Warren in this discussion.

Not toting my own boat but I have been on the Foreman bandwagon since last year. Malcolm Brown and JG have progressively gotten worse since their Freshman years........Maybe Applewhite can coach RB's......

Foreman should get the ball 30-40 times a game and if he is not in condition, then we need a new S&C Coach.....I don't ever remember the great ones, ie Ricky Williams, Earl Campbel, Eric Metcalf, Hodges Mitchel, Selvin Young or even Cedric Benson tapping their helmets for a breather........

Mr. Foreman if you want to be on that list suck it up.

Now our current RB coach, what is up with Foreman's fundamentals, he take handoffs to the left with this arms the wrong way, hence fumble against WVU, and when he breaks into the open he switches the ball to his inside arm......that is RB 101 that you learn in Pee Wee unless something has changed......We had the by far and away Number 1 RB coach in the nation and Strong replaced him with Tommie Robinson, this guy is the number one guy to go, then Watson, then the LB coach, the DE coach and then Bedford......Bring Akina and Robinson back......

2. PecosBill

PecosBill 1,000+ Posts

How did his surgery go this week?

3. majorwhiteapples

All I saw was his tweet about thanking everybody for all the support and prayers......he can just rub some dirt on it and get back in there......

• Like Like x 1
  4. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

The days of the 30-carry running back are over and have been for some time. Unless you're an absolute elite talent, then you're running a committee running attack. He probably needs to have fewer possessions off than he does, but Gray needs to be back there as well. The two-back set works well, and Gray's very valuable in blocking - his understudy not so much. He's also good in the passing game if they could remember that and toss him the ball every once in a while.

• Like Like x 2
  5. majorwhiteapples

I disagree on Gray getting any carries other than maybe a draw play on third and long and Gray does not block that well, he is ok in the blitz pickup at best.

Foreman and Warren 40+ carries between the two of them fine, 25 and 15 and 10 for the QB, and 2 for Gray just because it is senior day!!!

Gray's blocking and pass catching are not going to win us games that has been proven pretty decisively over the past 2 years.

6. PecosBill

PecosBill 1,000+ Posts

So what is the plan if Foreman cant play?

7. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

Warren is going to get some carries.

The question is whether Foreman can hold onto the football with his injured finger.

The wheel route to Gray can be effective, Foreman probably will have a problem catching passes right now.

This is Tech and their defense is bad, hoping that Foreman is good to go. This is one game where he could get lots of carries and be very effective, then spell him with Gray, (if healthy) and Warren.

It's also a game where Heard and Swoopes should be able to gain some good yardage on the ground. Then hit the play action passes.

The ground game could also control the clock and keep Tech's offense off the field.

On defense, we really need a pass rush out of our front four, without having to blitz too much. Our secondary will need all the help they can get.

• Like Like x 1
  8. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

I wonder if Gray will even see the field Thursday? The way he went down -- in a heap -- against WVA (after he came back in) lead me to believe that there was a problem. But perhaps it was a cramp.