Former LSU QB Brandon Harris to visit Texas

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by moondog_LFZ, Mar 13, 2017.

1. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

2. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

Wish him well wherever he lands but still think we're a longshot. We will see.

3. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

RichRod needs someone to save his job, so kid will likely start for a bad Arizona team.

Fedora isn't going to take any gambles that would screw up his move in December. I believe that Adams has already Larry pick out his lot at Miramont. Only question is, do they start construction in October or November.

Other SEC schools who have coaches looking to save their jobs - Auburn, Ole Miss, Miss State, Kentucky.

Mendenhall is looking for a dual threat QB at Virginia, and the kid could get his Masters from UVA, but he doesn't list them.

4. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

Saw him play several times over the last two seasons. He didn't impress me. His pass game is on a par with Swoopes. Like Tyrone, he's a good runner. I'm sure our current guys are better. Maybe they want him for some special package.

5. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Agree with Clean. I too saw several of his games and his passing skills are mediocre at best, so his running skills would make him pretty one dimensional in our offense. So IF he comes to UT he is a QB position insurance policy.

6. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

Yea, I think he would be brought in to run the package made for Heard in emergency situation.
    Then Heard can concentrate on WR.

7. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

Are we actually interested in him or is he just throwing out feelers

8. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

I'd be really surprised if he ends up here. He's got one year of eligibility... unless he's not counting on a starting job or he's confident enough to think he can beat out an entrenched sophomore with a month of practice time to learn the system.

9. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

I don't know the young man, but several things that don't make him a typical LSU football player or typical graduate transfer:

1) He will graduate this summer. How many LSU football players (who actually played) graduate in four years?

2) How many nonstarters stay four years and look to "start" at a major program?

3) Could it be that this young man is actually looking to enhance his education by getting a second degree or graduate degree from a Tier 1 school? (OK, thanks to a succession of numb nut presidents we are no longer Tier 1, but closer than anyone else except Florida.) Gotta admit that a BS from LSU topped by an MS from Texas, Berzerkley or UNC would be much more impressive to a potential employer.

• Like Like x 3
  10. yelladawgdem

yelladawgdem 2,500+ Posts

Regardless of their academic or athletic prowess. when I see "ex-SEC", then suddenly "JUCO" flashes in front of my eyes. My prejudice is mine and mine alone. Carry on.

:brickwall:

• Like Like x 1
  11. joh

joh 25+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  12. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

As expected. Good luck to him.