Former TCU Boykin Arrested in Dallas

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by LonghornCatholic, Mar 27, 2017.

1. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

2. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

It's funny/sad how several media outlets reported it as "Seattle Seahawks QB arrested for crashing car into building" or the like. One even had a picture of Boykin from an angle you couldn't see his jersey # or name. Clearly wanting it to look like Wilson so more people would click the article.

3. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

sounds like they're two peas in a pod....

• Like Like x 2
  4. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

For those who might have been interested...Boykin was denied parole earlier this month. Hit TDCJ in mid-March (before the doors were shut because of 'rona). Was instantly eligible due to the manner in which calculations of time work.

Next review will be June of next year.

Professional guess is that they will let him out at that juncture to ensure a year of supervision. IF the case gets voted early, however, then I COULD envision another one-year set off that took the case into April of 2022. THEN he gets released with about six months of supervision.

5. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Today, I think you get in more trouble in Dallas county if your not wearing a mask over your nose and mouth than possession of or use of weed & drunk....

6. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

I guess it is a good thing he fell out of Tarrant then ;)

Actually, his three years is for tampering with a witness in a Family Violence case and for Aggravated Assault Causing Serious Bodily Injury. He compounded the troubles by the multiple arrests for theft while out on bond...

Knowing the office where the vote came out of, I doubt they even REALIZED he played ball since his notice of placement in review was likely the letter being sent out and not an actual interview with the Institutional Parole Officer.

He is likely all but broke since we got no calls to handle the parole...a Tarrant County attorney would likely have pointed him or his family in our direction...

• Like Like x 1