Found myself rooting for OU...

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by COmountainhorn, Jan 9, 2009.

1. Bob in Houston

Bob in Houston 2,500+ Posts

2. MinnesotaHorn

MinnesotaHorn 25+ Posts

3. starchild

starchild 500+ Posts

.....to have the score run up on them at the end. damn shame that the choker didn't have the chance to feel what it's like.

4. halsteadfrost

halsteadfrost 1,000+ Posts

5. stevedallas

stevedallas 500+ Posts

I will root for any other Bib 12 team...but I could never root for OU....I do not think I could have stood to have 7trophies change his name.

6. chango

chango 2,500+ Posts

Halstead, agree with your post except for this:

Now if they're playing someone in the Holiday Bowl, I'll root for them

7. IB ROC N

IB ROC N 100+ Posts

I briefly felt like rooting for Oklahoma, but realized that sensation was just gas.

8. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

I watched it in 3D with a bunch of Sooners and cheered for the Gators. I cannot imagine ever rooting for the Sooners.

9. MaceHorn

MaceHorn 100+ Posts

Remember that scene in Marathon Man, where the bad guys are drilling in some poor guy's mouth without anesthesia, trying to get him to tell them what they want to know? MAYBE...

Remember those pix from Abu Ghraib? MAYBE...

Remember the videos of waterboarding? MAYBE...

MAYBE I could think a positive thought about Blow-U and MAYBE I could be "encouraged" to cheer for them. But not because they are the undeserving B12 champion. Screw Lame Game Bob and all the Bobettes. Chomp! Chomp!

[​IMG]

10. HI_McDunnough

HI_McDunnough 500+ Posts

Horrible and unforgiveable

11. Texanne

Texanne 5,000+ Posts

I didn't go to The University of Big12. I went to The University of Texas.

f**k OU.

12. GatorHorn

GatorHorn 250+ Posts

Odd.

I found myself rooting for Florida. Don't know why.

13. Pentaconta

Pentaconta 1,000+ Posts

Don't get me wrong, I'm no fan of Florida. They just happened to be the lesser of two evils in this game, much like many elections I have voted in. Seeing the gooners carry home the crystal football would have been the ultimate kick in the crotch this year, after having endured so many already.

Trust me, the SEC homers wouldn't shut up even if OU and Tech had won their bowl games this year. I'll live with their smack for another year if it means that they defeated two programs whose coaches took every available opportunity to stick it to us this year. It would have looked much worse for the Big XII had Texas lost, but I would say a 4-3 postseason record is fairly respectable.

When the Jamarkus McFarlands of the world compare OU and Texas next year, they can't say that they chose OU because OU was better in any way than Texas on the field this year. And that is extremely important with regard to recruiting. Never forget what this is really all about when it comes to OU.

14. LonghorninAustin

LonghorninAustin 1,000+ Posts

I have great disdain for the SEC but I hate ou. We got jobbed this year by ou and I was enjoying them losing. Truth is I always enjoy ou losing.

Hook'em [​IMG]

15. EPThorn

EPThorn 500+ Posts

I do have a sense of conference pride and cheer for every other Big 12 team (especially Nebraska).

Unless a Texas MNC chance is on the line i will NEVER EVER cheer for OU.
    f**k OU and thier ****** state, and thier community college level academics, and thier moral void of a program.

This year my OU hate level has reached epic proportions.

16. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

The next time I root for OU will be the first time. Screw the Big XII. All they've done for us lately is keep us out of their Title game.

17. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts