Four Heisman Finalists

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by stanhin, Dec 5, 2022.

1. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

I didn't know Sam took us to a final four cfp. Thanks for the tip

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

This thread is about who should be nominated for the Heisman, not whether Colt McCoy had a supporting cast. Correct about it being a worse year than 2008, which also confirms what I'm saying. Incorrect that we'd be a 4-loss team. I'm not sure how this dispels that he wasn't as good in 2009 as 2008, or should have been rated ahead of the aforementioned guys. And his 2009 is also worse statistically than any of this year's nominees, including Bennett.

Maybe there are other factors at play when you're nominated for a Heisman. I'm saying they have a similar playing style.

3. Horn2RunAgain

(A) colt took a mediocre offense to the fricken title game. He deserved the Heisman. Tre Newton as the RB? And maybe you recall how bad our OL was. The nebraska game might remind us. And I thought the beating colt took vs Baylor was vicious. Baylor was pretty bad then.

(B) Duggan is simply better than Sam was. I'm a huge Sam guy but Duggan has lifted a team with his play more than Sam did

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Horn 2
    I will respect your opinion as you point out it takes nothing away from our Sam
    And no one can dispute what Duggan overcame.

• Like Like x 1
  5. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

"Williams received 544 first-place votes. His 2,031 points easily beat out Duggan, who finished second."

Player 1st-2nd-3rd-Total Pts
    Caleb Williams 544-168-63--2,031
    Max Duggan 188-357--142-1,420
    C.J. Stroud 37-119-190--539
    Stetson Bennett 36-65-111--349
    Hendon Hooker 17-47-81--226
    Bryce Young 17-28-34--141
    Blake Corum 8-25-51--125
    Michael Penix Jr. 9-20-47--114
    Bijan Robinson 4-12-39--75
    Drake Maye 3-6-21--42

6. LHABSOB

LHABSOB 1,000+ Posts

Bijan finished behind a Penis? That's all I need to know to see how screwed up Heisman voting is. But honestly, what kind of NIL deal did that kid get? Was he a Trojan?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

8. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

• Like Like x 2
  9. Horn2RunAgain

How do you vote for a guy who painted his fingernails (I could stop, right there) with the words f**k UCLA, or f**k UTAH ?

Just retire the trophy now

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

^^^ channeling band Genesis: THIS is the world we live in.

I won't lecture or get political on this thread, but just state anything goes, if you win (except vs. Utah).

• Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2022
  11. NRHorn

NRHorn 2,500+ Posts

I haven’t watched the Hiesman in years. Since VY was snubbed.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  12. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

Oh, you mean the year he broke the season pass completion record?
    Colt McCoy's incredible completion prowess

• Like Like x 2
  13. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

Yea, that was a bad year for Colt.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 4
  14. erbutch

erbutch 500+ Posts

Heisman=Trash reward,not class reward

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

I saw him interviewed on ESPN before the show and the interviewer was asking him about his nails while smiling and chuckling.
    Even asked him about what he might put there before the bowl game, yuck, yuck.

16. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Moon
    Thanks for reminding what Colt did in 2009.
    Stats tell it all :bevo:

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

That’s fair.

18. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

That was 2008.

I mean, going off of stats alone, he definitely had a worse 2009 than 2008.

Here's the thing about 2009: it was a bad year for QBs. Greg McElroy was a joke, and Tebow was hurt for much of the year. We knocked Bradford out for good. Andy Dalton was Andy Dalton, Terrelle Pryor was known for his legs and not his arm. Kellen Moore was statistically much better than Colt, but no one is going to prefer a WAC guy to a XII guy. So while Colt might have been the "best of the highly ranked teams," it still doesn't put the best players on the podium in NYC that night.

I think the top 4 should have been Ingram, Suh, Moore, and Keenum. Gerhart and McCoy could have been the next 2 out, but the whole point of this thread was whether the best overall players should be nominated for the Heisman. It seems like this took a turn with whether the best overall "character" should be nominated over someone like Williams. That's debatable, but what isn't is that Colt McCoy was worse in 2009 than 2008.