Fowler Just Doesn't Get It

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by ousuxndallas, Nov 27, 2008.

1. ousuxndallas

ousuxndallas 500+ Posts

He keeps talking about how Texas needs Oklahoma to beat OSU. Hogwash! It's not about the Big 12 title game, it's about the MNC game.

How can he not understand that??

2. adrock

adrock < 25 Posts

I was wondering what the hell he was talking about all night. We don't need to go to the CCG to go to MNC...right? As far as I remember, BCS rules say #1 faces #2. Period. So as long as we stay ranked #2, we're in.

3. DesertDog2K

DesertDog2K 100+ Posts

Fowler took too many shots during the morning football game.

4. Geno915

Geno915 < 25 Posts

Plus Fowler was talking like if Oklahoma loses, Tech is automatically in the Big 12 championship because of their win over us. Tech still has to beat Baylor and with their QB Baylor can play with Tech.

5. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

Fowler's making two assumptions - one that Tech beats Baylor, and two, that the South division team beats the North champ.

Unfortunately, both those assumptions are pretty safe.

6. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

Prodigal, beating Mizzu in KC is no easy out. I can't for the life of me see how anyone can assume that. Regardless of the south winner, that will be a tough game outside in the cold.

7. cochamps

cochamps 2,500+ Posts

I dunno. I think we took the starch out of Mizzou.

8. owens44

owens44 25+ Posts

9. HorninNorman

HorninNorman 100+ Posts

Hey, O44.....

What RoundRobin said to you in the "Head to Head" string.... [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. TexanWolv

TexanWolv 1,000+ Posts

I'll take my chances with Oklahoma losing.

1. Tech has to beat Baylor.
    2. Tech has to beat Missouri.
    3. Tech has to jump everyone in front of them to go to the MNC.

11. TJ=NPOY

TJ=NPOY 100+ Posts

12. BRay2244

BRay2244 500+ Posts

13. todobravo

todobravo 25+ Posts

Mizzou in KC is not a sure thing for the South team, whoever that may be.

14. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

15. OrangeChipper

OrangeChipper 1,000+ Posts

Just like TX needs OU to win. OU has to count on Tech winning. It's a bad argument.

16. TULPoke

TULPoke 100+ Posts

17. ptlandy

ptlandy 25+ Posts

or u kidding baylor is not going to beat tech wake up

18. Bill in Sinton

Bill in Sinton 5,000+ Posts

I was wondering the same thing. He didn't seem to know what he was talking about. The thing is that if Tech wins and Oklahoma loses they are tied for the South Big 12 Championship. Tech only advances because of the head to head competition. It is like in 1961 UT and Arkansas were tied for the SW Conference with the same conference record. The SWC champion automatically went to the Cotton Bowl. UT and Arkansas are forever considered co-champions but UT advanced to the Cotton Bowl because of the head to head win that year.
    It is the same thing this year. They would be co-champions if they had the same record. Tech would advance to the championship game but would still be considered the co-champion of the south. As you said Fowler just doesn't understand it.

19. crimsonlonghorn

crimsonlonghorn 100+ Posts

20. KingstonSooner

KingstonSooner 25+ Posts

Nothing should be assumed by anyone but if OU beats OSU in Stoolwater that will be the biggest on the road victory in the B12 this season and it may/will propel the Sooners to the CCG and OU beats Missouri in the CCG they will easily be further ahead of the horns in the BCS.

Moreover those to wins will probably insure Bradford the Heisman and the horns will have been screwed twice although it be by the Sooners. Something they are or should be accustomed to.

21. Horn89

Horn89 1,000+ Posts

22. OrangeChipper

OrangeChipper 1,000+ Posts

23. YoLaDu

YoLaDu Guest

Maybe Fowler had not spent that last 4 days of his life on Hornfans trying to figure out the best possible scenarios for us!

On a side note: I thought the broadcast was pretty good, they were pretty complimentary of all things Texas. I was surprisingly impressed with Jesse Palmer, he seemed knowledgable of the program and players of both teams.

24. TeachinHorn

TeachinHorn 25+ Posts

They're crying on texags about how biased Fowler was for Colt and the 'Horns. [​IMG]