Fox news accuses Obama of a 'terrorist fist jab'

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by naked_bongo, Jun 10, 2008.

1. naked_bongo

naked_bongo 500+ Posts

2. Red Five

Red Five 500+ Posts

That's the whitest thing I've ever heard in my life.

3. TexonLongIsland

TexonLongIsland 2,500+ Posts

nice legs

ummmm what was she talking about?

4. Anastasis

Anastasis 1,000+ Posts

cracka *** crackas

5. utexas_61

utexas_61 500+ Posts

******* terrorists

6. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

1. Not a hard news segment, it's "america's pulse." I'm pretty sure they're not looking at this as a particularly significant story - it's a 24-hour news station, and this is a fluff piece.
    2. Yes, it's incredibly white of them to spend more than 5 seconds on this.
    3. Your thread title saying Fox accused him of a terrorist related gesture is not true. They're relating different ways the gesture has been interpreted by other observers, right or wrong. They never implied that's what it was, and the interview never even came close to portraying the act as negative.

Yes it was lame. No, they're not calling Obama a terrorist.

7. Sii

Sii 1,000+ Posts

that whole network is beyond an embarrassment at this point

its not even funny anymore

8. naked_bongo

naked_bongo 500+ Posts

The worst part about it is that they never even bring up the terrorist comment again with their body expert. They just say it very slowly in the opening segment to let it seep in and do damage without ever bringing it up again. Then, they show Bush chest bumping the Air Force grad and gloat about how hip he is. I guess terrorists are only into fist bumping and not chest bumping. What a waste of a channel. We are slouching towards Idiocracy.

9. Longhorn_Fan68

Longhorn_Fan68 1,000+ Posts

guess i'm a terrorist too.

10. naked_bongo

naked_bongo 500+ Posts

11. DigglerontheHoof

DigglerontheHoof 1,000+ Posts

******* white people. I made it to when the irritating fat guest expert said: "my husband sqeezes my hand three times" portion before I pulled our my shotgun and blew away my monitor.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I've been fist bumping friends for 25 years, I had no idea I was allowing the terrorists to win. [​IMG]

12. Bevo Incognito

Bevo Incognito 5,000+ Posts

13. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Naked
    do your part, don't watch Fox.

Some people have aaid that watching Chris Matthews gush over and over about his leg tingle is pure idiocy.

Guess it depends on your viewpoint

14. Longhorn_Fan68

They're all dishonest and crappy. Fox just takes it to that special place.

15. stabone

stabone 500+ Posts

16. Longhorn_Fan68

Hmm, could Fox actually have a conscience??:The Link

17. naijahorn

naijahorn 250+ Posts

18. bierce

bierce 1,000+ Posts

Typical Fox crap.

1) Introduce a subject by rhetorically acking whether an innocuous action by a Democratic political figure is a "terrorist" sign.

2) Get an expert to say the sign is harmless but you would have to ask the person demonstrating it what it means.

3) Don't ask the Democratic political figure what he meant.

4) Compare to a Republican political figure's action.

5) Give factual detail explaining the actual significance of what the Republican political figure did, along the way praising the Republican for making the gesture. (Here, George Bush chest bumping a graduate being explained as the President honoring the graduate's request.)

Now take a look at the stupid piece Fox did about Obama on a bike.

The Link

The Link

Very interesting in that Jenkins refers to a "tire fender" and uses a picture that doesn't show what the supposed tire fender really is. It's the arched connecting rod that joins an adult bike to a kid's half bike, creating a pseudo-tandem bicycle (either an Adams Trail-a-Bike or something similar). So the question that was put up (we don't know if he was with his family) could have been easily answered with the full picture. Obama was out riding with his family and had his 7 year old daughter behind him.

Oh, here's a video of the whole thing in action.

The Link

I have little doubt but that had Obama been a Republican candidate, then Fox would have made the whole piece about family values and caring fathers.

Fox in a nutshell. Take every opportunity to ridicule a Democrat and every opportunity to praise a Republican.

19. cloydtex

cloydtex 250+ Posts

Actually I like coming on this board and reading the "stuff" the left wingers post about Fox for my entertainment. Sorry your monopoly is gone. "News" channels like CNN (created by supreme nut job Ted Turner) have been trolling with their garbage for years. Where was your indignation then?

20. Ralphie

Ralphie 500+ Posts

Martha MacCallum
    Megyn Kelly
    E.D. Hill (Longhorn)
    The brunette weather girl

Best. News station. Ever.

21. TahoeHorn

TahoeHorn 1,000+ Posts

22. YoLaDu

YoLaDu Guest

23. RomaVicta

RomaVicta 5,000+ Posts

24. Oilfield

Oilfield Guest

Change channels.

Sheeze.

25. Hpslugga

Hpslugga 2,500+ Posts

Folks, this is a "some people say" tactic that Fox is using. You're either blinded by partisanship or aren't too familiar with media tactics if you can't see through this.

26. HornsForever'93

HornsForever'93 1,000+ Posts

It just shows they will say ANYTHING and hope that something sticks. People who endorse this junk are actually quite frightening.

27. MirrOlure

MirrOlure 500+ Posts

What they should be talking about is the unnatural, contrived nature of the supposedly impromptu fist bump.

In the matter of a split second, they apparently forgot if they were going to "lay some skin" on each other, shake hands, or fist bump.

28. TexonLongIsland

TexonLongIsland 2,500+ Posts

29. Mr.Wizard

Mr.Wizard 1,000+ Posts

The fist-bump is just idiotic in general, but eh, not terrorism.

30. YoLaDu

YoLaDu Guest