Fran says how much his players suck for $1,200.

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by facemask, Sep 28, 2007.

1. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

This will be a huge story in the media, and get plenty of national coverage. Judas, I mean Fran, will not be spared his fifteen minutes of fame.

2. crimsonlonghorn

crimsonlonghorn 100+ Posts

On the front page of the Chronicle now. I feel better.

As far as this info goes, the more I dig into it the more serious it does appear. I mean, this **** has DOJ gambling implications written all over it. I paraphrase: "We are sure none of it was used for gambling purposes, these are all fine loyal Aggies."

Are you f'ing kidding me?!?!?!?!!?

3. El Cid Vicious

El Cid Vicious 100+ Posts

I wonder who the Judas was among Fran's 12 disciples.

4. Anastasis

Anastasis 1,000+ Posts

5. kgp

kgp 1,000+ Posts

6. Mrmyke709

Mrmyke709 1,000+ Posts

Hold the rope.

[​IMG]

7. S197HQQKEM

S197HQQKEM 500+ Posts

8. HornsOverIthaca

HornsOverIthaca 250+ Posts

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Remember back when Fran first showed up in College Station aggy was selling shirts that said something along the lines of "We've Got Fran! Yes We Do!" If there are any of those out there that haven't been burned yet, the rest will soon be thrown onto the fire. Make a great souvenir.

9. kgp

kgp 1,000+ Posts

10. ackhorn

ackhorn 25+ Posts

So he's claiming this quasi-legal cash influx was helping to finance his website. My question is, then, what the f**k is all the advertising money that's coming in going to? I'm sure those guys would be interested to know.

Oh, Frannie...The bell tolls for thee...

11. RyanUTAustin

RyanUTAustin 1,000+ Posts

12. Beau Vine

Beau Vine 1,000+ Posts

13. topwater

topwater 100+ Posts

my theory holds true, "there are no aggie jokes, they're all true stories." seriously, could any of you make this up??
    btw, MrMyke, you win [​IMG]

14. RyanUTAustin

RyanUTAustin 1,000+ Posts

15. HornsN04

HornsN04 500+ Posts

16. CaboWabo

CaboWabo 500+ Posts

I think the IRS should be notified immediately.

17. Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden 500+ Posts

18. suttree

suttree 500+ Posts

Fran was stupid to cowtow to boosters and have this written. I guaranty you THEY came to HIM, and offered to pay. This whole thing reeks of getting leverage on someone you can always use.

Fran is a moron.

$Bill is shrewd but hardly ethical. I have no doubt he caused it to be leaked. The people in a position to leak it are also the people who are consulted about a new coach first. This is a coordinated effort.

Actually, for aggy, this is GD brilliant. Machiavelli would be proud.

It looks bad for aggy, but try and remember the national perspective on aggy is not the "we don't lie cheat and steal" crap we hear around here. The national perspective on aggy is a mediocre program with a rich history of cheating and weird ****.

Last, we all make fun of Mack for his "class" speeches and whatnot, but realize how important it is. Yes, we apparently had some crooks and thugs on the team, and now they are gone. Winning the MNC is important, but not tarnishing the tradition and the other 3 MNCs is also important.

Anyway, let's enjoy the fallout and knock on wood every 25 seconds.

19. wildcat09

wildcat09 100+ Posts

This is gold, from the ESPN article:

20. CaboWabo

CaboWabo 500+ Posts

From ESPN:

21. Cool97

Cool97 < 25 Posts

It has been mentioned (on TexAgs so take it for what it is worth) that "all schools are doing this". Are we sure Mack and Co aren't doing something similar? Maybe we should hold the schadenfreude until we see how this plays out. I'm just sayin'...

22. Macanudo

Macanudo 2,500+ Posts

23. wherzwaldo

wherzwaldo 1,000+ Posts

24. Horn89

Horn89 1,000+ Posts

suttree--

Interesting theory.

I think this is an absolute blessing for aggie fans.

The biggest reason to NOT fire him before now (it seems) was the enormous buyout.

He may have given them an excuse to not pay it, right?

So the A$M faithful can appear "moral" for firing their coach (God knows they love feeling self-righteous), they can get rid of a guy who sucked anyway, and they can go ahead and start over right now. It's not like they were going to do anything worth a **** this season anyway.

Seems like a win-win-win for them.

25. LonghornLawyer

LonghornLawyer 500+ Posts

AAAaaarrrgh--the anguished cry of an aggy misery addict whose supply is suddenly threatened.

My street dealer, Fran, is now seriously threatened with getting capped by el jefe, the head of the aggy misery cartel (i.e., Dollar Bill). But as anyone who has every watched a mob movie knows, that's what happens when you try to pinch off some of the boss's product to sell yourself on the side. And that's exactly what Fran was doing--selling aggy misery ("our receivers suck," "our offensive line is injured," "our stadium smells like ****") on the side for $1,200 a pop and not cutting el jefe in on the action.

I suppose I understand the business involved. I mean, you can't have your dealers cutting their own action. He's got to get capped.

But from my own personal standpoint as an addict, I am left wondering where my next fix is going to come from. Is Dollar Bill going to replace Fran with an equally effective street dealer? Because it's hard to imagine that any street dealer could be as effective as Fran. But then again, I said that about Arrcee, and look at what I got--el jefe anticipated my needs and fulfilled them with a dealer that provided high quality aggy misery at a reasonable price.

And really, what more can you ask from your dealer?

I'm going to miss Fran. I really will. I just hope el jefe finds a descrete place to bury the body, because the last thing I need is the entire cartel getting broken up over one street dealer's dumbassery.

26. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

So you are advancing a conspiracy theory that some aggy is smart enough to orchestrate this event to fire Fran without paying the golden parachute clause? Interesting, but either way Fran is a world champion jackass.
    Really, this is a brilliant way to solve their giant problem, and avoid five more years of Frantricide.

27. Beau Vine

Beau Vine 1,000+ Posts

28. Burnt_Orange_Sky

Burnt_Orange_Sky < 25 Posts

29. S197HQQKEM

S197HQQKEM 500+ Posts

30. Traffic

Traffic 500+ Posts

That Dan Wetzel column is just venomous. I love it.