Fran says how much his players suck for $1,200.

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by facemask, Sep 28, 2007.

1. ACE

ACE 100+ Posts

alrighty then

[​IMG]

2. Vote For Pedro

Vote For Pedro 500+ Posts

3. wildcat09

wildcat09 100+ Posts

So Palillo has someone on his show right now saying he was one of the 12 who got the VIP newsletter. Apparently the $1,200 charge was simply a donation to Coach Fran's charities and all 12 who received it were on the board of directors for his charities foundation. So apparently the $1,200 was not a charge, but merely a donation... to themselves. The booster also claimed that the letter never discussed injury details and that he Fran never knocked his players. When Charlie asked about the criticism of Kerry Franks and the other receivers and whether he had ever read that newsletter the booster responded "I don't recall".

This **** couldn't be any funnier if I was writing it myself.

4. MAROON

MAROON 250+ Posts

apparently Viginia Tech fans get the same (if not better) information from Frank Beamer at a much cheaper price.

www.beamerball.com/free/club.htm

I'm not in favor of firing Fran over this.

I'm in favor of firing him because he's an arrogant little prick who can't coach football.

5. Not Shinola

Not Shinola 250+ Posts

6. HornSubtype

HornSubtype < 25 Posts

As a university employee and educator, I am outraged that anyone working for a university would do this. It was blatantly unethical no matter what sort of charitable spin Fran and the boosters try to put on it. If A&M has any intention of enacting the institutional values they espouse, Fran should be fired for cause immediately. Probably Byrne too if he knew and did nothing.

7. Superfan

Superfan 250+ Posts

What is needed now is photoshop of Fran on Celebrity Jeopardy with various categories and his answer as "How much my players suck."

8. S197HQQKEM

S197HQQKEM 500+ Posts

and as always

BAAAAAA MEANS NO!

9. RansomStoddard

RansomStoddard 25+ Posts

Gotta admit, aggy is brilliant. What a great way to get rid of a coach.

10. austintex

austintex 500+ Posts

11. suttree

suttree 500+ Posts

It strikes me that the actual newsletters should be available by submitting a request to A&M under the Texas Public Information Act (which is essentially the same as the FOIA). It sure sounds like state time and money was used to generate the newsletter, unless the AAD did it all at his house. That probably wouldn't matter, to tell you the truth.

I'm guessing some media person has already filed the request, but who knows.

I bet those newsletters are gold, Jerry, gold.

12. ldogg53

ldogg53 500+ Posts

HOLD THE ROPE!!!!!!!!!

... and wrap it around your neck then kick the chair out from under you....

see ya Franny... enjoy coaching Pop Warner you idiot...

13. Chalupa72

Chalupa72 250+ Posts

14. Boozehound

Boozehound 250+ Posts

15. CaboWabo

CaboWabo 500+ Posts

Funny ****.The Link

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Gentlemen of the VIP Report....and remember, this CANNOT be leaked to anyone...For the upcoming game at Miami, I am not going to utilize the J-Train AT ALL in the first half and will probably get the ball to him maybe 5 times max. This is gonna be great! Be prepared to [sic] for the look of utter incredulousness on the faces of those with whom you are sharing your game-watching experience!!

With respect to injuries, as discussed, Steven McG............

Gig Them,
    Coach Fran/m mck
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

16. TheGallopinGoose

TheGallopinGoose 2,500+ Posts

Wow. This is huge on so many levels.

Franchione was already on thin ice after that huge loss to Miami, and now his integrity is gone. High school athletes will not want to play for someone who releases information like this.

...and CoachFran.com was charging people $1,200 for this information? It makes Franchione look like a fraud who's willing to shell out inside information and criticism--but only for the right price. What's to keep gamblers, the mass media, or opposing teams from getting their hands on this information?

This is easliy one of the worst TexAgs meltdowns I've ever seen (and it certainly puts an ironic twist on this thread).

This is Franchione's last year. If A&M loses to Baylor this Saturday, he'll be fired before he can get back to the locker room.

17. LocoGringos

LocoGringos 250+ Posts

18. S197HQQKEM

S197HQQKEM 500+ Posts

from the TGG linked thread

[​IMG]
    Praise to Allah! My legions have obtained a copy of the VIP report and I have it here!

The scary part of all of this is that some ags have a sense of humor about this.
    WTF? is old army dead?

19. VoodooChi|d

VoodooChi|d 500+ Posts

One could say "The **** has hit the Fran"

20. NCAAFBALLROX

NCAAFBALLROX 1,000+ Posts

I just can't get enough... with EVERY slight turn of the screw, this just gets more & more delicious.

I'm overdosing on aggy misery over here!! Quick; somebody get me a dose of Baylor 3, aggy 34!!!

Do you think the team will rally around THEMSELVES (irregardless of the coach) & say they need to try & do something for the team, not for Francakes?

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

21. Sangre Orange

Sangre Orange 25+ Posts

torbush hardly begins to express this one. leave it to aggy to push the bounds of incredulity.

they really did deserve each other.

It's been nice Franochio.

22. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

How could anyone with long experience in the coaching field think this would be okay?

23. YeaTexasFight

YeaTexasFight 1,000+ Posts

FYI, Fran's contract includes the following clause for 'Termination with Cause'

"FRANCHIONE is found to be involved in gross negligence and deliberate and serious violations of the rules of the conference with which the UNIVERSITY is affiliated or NCAA rules, regulations, by-laws and interpretations;"

...of course there is also a clause for termination with cause if "the Football Program should cease to be conducted as an NCAA Division I sport". Some would say that's already happened [​IMG]

24. Austin180

Austin180 1,000+ Posts

I think the key to the whole deal was when Reveille bit the handler. There's no such thing as a dumb animal. Enough is enough, people! [​IMG]

25. austintex

austintex 500+ Posts

26. Gamblinrus

Gamblinrus < 25 Posts

ADIOS MOFO [​IMG]

27. LittleBunnyFooFoo

LittleBunnyFooFoo 500+ Posts

wow, what a **** storm.

i hope it turns into a mob movie where every one starts turning on everyone, photos with sheep start popping up everywhere.....

28. Phil Hellmuth

Phil Hellmuth 100+ Posts

29. MikeUT00

MikeUT00 Guest

I read this entire thread ... and LOVED it! [​IMG]

30. Hornin Hong Kong

Hornin Hong Kong 1,000+ Posts

Best part about this is that the emails may have been very benign but the internet has decided that they are scandalous and so shall it be hah hah and nothing anyone says will ever change it.