Frank Okam

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Michael Knight, Apr 27, 2008.

1. Michael Knight

Michael Knight 1,000+ Posts

I can't imagine hes not drafted. Guy has great talent just needs to show more discipline and work harder

2. denilson

denilson < 25 Posts

shocking, considering his physical tools

and Lokey? or is he already in the NFL .. time goes by too fast. [​IMG]

3. Maduka

Maduka 250+ Posts

There's nothing that scares a GM more then a guy that has talent that doesn't assert himself.

4. H-D Rider

H-D Rider 1,000+ Posts

Can you equate "assert one's self' to work ethic? At the NFL level, you can't take any plays off or you'll get knocked in the dirt when you do!

5. halsteadfrost

halsteadfrost 1,000+ Posts

6. hookem2003

hookem2003 500+ Posts

Just taken by H-town!

7. scharnell

scharnell 1,000+ Posts

I met his agent and he expected 5th to 6th round. He said after Texas' pro day both Okam and Palmer (his client as well) both got a few more interviews. I think he considered Palmer a FA due to his size, but a 7th round wouldnt suprise me.

8. runthebone

runthebone 100+ Posts

Best of luck to Frank, but if you saw him fall on his butt during drills at the Combine, it's no surprise that he dropped. The person I really feel bad for is Kelson.

9. Iconoclast Texan

Iconoclast Texan 250+ Posts

Okam was considered to be a future top 10 pick in the draft a couple of years ago. To get him in the 5th round I am ecstatic. He has all the physical tools to dominate. I read that some teams were in interested in turning him into an offensive lineman. Was this ever considered by UT's coaching staff? Is this a good idea? He is quick and if it is feasible, it would be nice to have more OL strength.

10. iaread on nfl.com that he's being looked at as an offensive guard. very interesting. anyone know why he translates better to offensive line in the pros?

11. blueag09

blueag09 250+ Posts

12. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

Because sometimes somebody peaks young. Sometimes some people get injured. Sometimes weird things happen. Can you tell me why every five star does not always go in the first ten picks, much less the first round of every draft, every year?

I mean, how the hell do guys from North Dakota State and Penguin U. go early and become pro bowlers? Things just happen.

13. MirrOlure

MirrOlure 500+ Posts

Someone kindly enlighten me why you don't know that the same thing, or worse, happens to dozens of former 5-Star recruits every single year.

14. blueag09

blueag09 250+ Posts

I thought all 5 stars who go to Texas end up getting drafted high.

15. scharnell

scharnell 1,000+ Posts

he had a serious knee injury his junior season...and i thought star rating were for their college performance not future in the NFL, lots of great college players dont get drafted...Hell M.Hart went in the 7th round but I cant think of a college team that wouldnt want him.

16. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

I guess you thought wrong. Maybe just that we get so many more 5 stars and do better in seasons. You know, BCS wins, National Championships, bowl games that we win, a nice overall streak the last ten years, things like that.

17. Wild Bill

Wild Bill 1,000+ Posts

Congrats Okam! The Texans can use you. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

18. Burnt Orange Bevo

Burnt Orange Bevo 1,000+ Posts

19. SlingeroGuitaro

SlingeroGuitaro 250+ Posts

20. Roy4President

Roy4President 100+ Posts

Hopefully the above hotlinked image doesn't get everyone on Hornfans GOATSED.....

21. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

22. Endust

Endust 500+ Posts

Okam has a great future, regardless of whether he plays a down in the NFL.

23. Ramathorn

Ramathorn 1,000+ Posts

24. fhetw

fhetw 100+ Posts

adding to what a couple posters said earlier:

"Okam, a former defensive tackle, is likely to shift to guard, a clever move by teams that realize that non-athletic DTs can make for cheap, athletic G’s."The Link

25. Huckleberry

Huckleberry 1,000+ Posts

Still drafted higher than Reggie McNeal.

26. MaduroUTMB

MaduroUTMB 2,500+ Posts

aggy (pl.) should not resort to draft smack.