Friends of Snoop_Dogg

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests' started by Longhorn_Fan68, May 9, 2007.

1. lowery21

lowery21 250+ Posts

This isn't fair.

2. LdyLnghrn

LdyLnghrn 100+ Posts

I don't cry often, but I did this afternoon. My heart aches for this family beyond any words I can put here. [​IMG]

I'll be looking for info regarding how to donate to help this family.

Thank you Al, JJ, and LHF68 for all that you have done to help them to this point.

3. TXBabe97

TXBabe97 250+ Posts

Another poster who didn't know Joe and Jeanie at all. This is just so sad to hear, but thank you all for letting us know. It is impossible to imagine the grief of losing your husband and a child. My prayers to Elena and the families.

After reading all the adversity this family has been through over the past few years... this is just not fair. And there is no other way to say it.

If I could share a cyber-story: Snoop's snake posts always freaked me out, and I would cringe with goosebumps reading and visualizing them, almost as if I were trying to virtually confront my own fear of things that slither and inject poison or suffocate. [​IMG] His posts were a real education for me, and I admired his passion for reptile rescue. (I'll stick with canines, though.)

LHF68 and Al, please keep us posted on how we might be able to help.

4. Gardner Barnes

Gardner Barnes 250+ Posts

This kills me. Jester/snoopdogg etc was one of the earliest Austin 3:16 members with me and a few others back when it was the the only "other board" other than Cactus.

He and Elena used to entertain me at work via IM way back in 2001.

this sucks.

I feel so awful for his kids and his wife. I know most everything has been said here before, but i dont know...rambling I guess, but they always amazed me.

I have never known someone who had the deck stacked up against them so high and then to punch through it time and time again.

Joe was funny, smart, and a great person to chat with at 10 AM or 3 AM. Plus the dude had guts. I wish I would have stayed in closer touch after I moved back to Austin from Atlanta. I really wish I would have come over to Smurfette and LHFan68's place when he was there.

f**k.

5. Bevoette

Bevoette 1,000+ Posts

I still cry when I read about this and see his myspace. it's just heartbreaking. he kicked cancers *** and was getting through so much this just sucks beyond anything. I will continue to pray for his wife and sons. I've lost a friend whom I never actually met just one in cyber world. [​IMG]

6. Horn_2004

Horn_2004 25+ Posts

This is horrible, ever more devastating since my fiance was working at Breckenridge Hospital and telling me about this 6 yr. old girl and I come to find out who it is just now. Absolutely horrible. Prayers to their family.

7. orange_pride

orange_pride 100+ Posts

I didn't know the guy but the pictures made me all choke up.

These two were too young to pass away.

RIP. The Eyes of Texas are upon you. [​IMG]

8. achooloco

achooloco 100+ Posts

RIP, always enjoyed his informative posts and my prayers are with his family . ..

9. zzzz

zzzz 2,500+ Posts

I admired his courage and was surprised and pleased to learn he had ceased posting because he had emerged victorious and was busy living life. Now this. It's not fair. He deserved better.

10. Longhorn Al

Longhorn Al 500+ Posts

Here are the Funeral Details:

Saturday, May 19th at 1:00 pm
    Cook-Walden/Capital Parks Funeral Home
    14501 North IH-35
    Pflugerville, TX 78660

Everyone is welcome.

11. next2naus

next2naus 500+ Posts

not fair. I'm gonna miss him. things like this remind me of that scene in "Open Range" where Charlie and Boss talk about God

12. ScoPro

ScoPro 1,000+ Posts

So sad. God Bless him and all his loved ones. [​IMG]

I always enjoyed his critter stories.

13. midtown

midtown 1,000+ Posts

14. tbone

tbone 250+ Posts

totally speechless.

15. oldgeezer

oldgeezer 25+ Posts

There's a story in the AAS today that I hope one of you smarter than me (that includes about everybody) will link here.

16. Traffic

Traffic 500+ Posts

oldgeezer, here is that story:

Link

I only met Joe once, when he was sitting in on drum(s) at one of Crayon's shows. He had a tremendous spirit. We will miss him but never forget him.

Bless him and his daughter Jeanie.

17. Ankf00

Ankf00 250+ Posts

18. theropods

theropods 250+ Posts

This is terribly sad. I never even met Joe, but I talked to him about our common interests in snakes and reptiles from time to time. Prayers to his family.

19. Longhorn Al

Longhorn Al 500+ Posts

20. crazyhornsfan

crazyhornsfan 25+ Posts

21. FawltyTowers

FawltyTowers 25+ Posts

Wow, just wow. I can't even imagine what its like to lose a spouse, much less a child a the same time. I couldn't look at those pictures of him and his daughter without my eyes tearing up.

God Bless and watch over that family. Prayers.

22. LadyHornAustin

LadyHornAustin 100+ Posts

Longhorn Al, my heart is breaking all over again seeing that picture. God, how that little girl loved her daddy, it is all over her face. And vice versa. May they find peace together.

23. Jive_Turkey

Jive_Turkey 1,000+ Posts

This sucks in so many ways.

I remember mojica/Jester/Snoop and Mother Russia from way back in the day.

Those pictures of Joe and his daughter make me cry inside.

RIP brother.

24. DoobieWah

DoobieWah 500+ Posts

Rest easy Snoop.

This is just sooo incredibly sad.

25. EEE

EEE 250+ Posts

26. veggieboy

veggieboy 500+ Posts

jeez, just when I was trying to come to grips with this, Al posts that picture.

I can't imagine how horrible this is for his family...

27. lostman

lostman 500+ Posts

There is not much else to say that is different. It made me so sad to read it when the first posts appeared, I really had to stop. As many have said, it is just not fair.

I have enjoyed Joe's posts since I first discovered this site back in '01. I was along time lurker, and I recently got to know him a bit better as he helped me get things set up for a snake and a lizard that I "rescued". He was so helpful, making sure I knew what I was getting into and that I did everything right. My students are now the beneficiaries of his knowledge as the critters have residence in my classroom.

Rest easy Joe and Jeanie. Al's photo is how they probably are even now. Prayers for his wife and sons and all his family and friends. His spirit continues through them.

28. capnamerca

capnamerca 500+ Posts

Was it the poster Jester (joe) that had the frozen-pizza debate with half of hornfans many moons ago?

Another one here who didn't know joe or jeannie, but knew his story and his incredible will and determination. i believe it can be said that he lived his life to the fullest, and set a damn fine example for us all - a modern day Job.

My prayers go out. Know that the HF community is a strong one. Please keep us informed on funds ...

29. jimmyjazz

jimmyjazz 2,500+ Posts

For those who would like to learn more about fund-raising and other efforts on behalf of the Mojicas, please PM me.

30. There is to be a website coming in the next day, two at the latest so we can get away from the tedious nature of pms and behind the scenes stuff. It will be a very simple and easy to remember website.

The domain name(s) are registered and work is to be done on the site. This way people can share ideas and the forces in the process of doing various things can make sure they are not covering the same ground as somebody else. This will make everything more productive.

Stay tuned, same bat channel.