Friends of Snoop_Dogg

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests' started by Longhorn_Fan68, May 9, 2007.

1. Longhorn Al

Longhorn Al 500+ Posts

2. Horns_House

Horns_House 100+ Posts

by far one of the best posters on the site. reading the snake thread last week had me thinking about him. to find this out is devastating. unfair is the only way to describe it.

RIP [​IMG]

3. Vibro_King

Vibro_King 100+ Posts

I had wished him well via a PM a few years back. Seemed like a very nice fellow. I knew of all his banned handles and Mother Russia as well. They had been remarkedly absent for awhile.

Very sad. Godspeed and Peace on You and your daughter.

4. unpaintedhuffhines

unpaintedhuffhines 1,000+ Posts

5. Longhorn_Fan68

Longhorn_Fan68 1,000+ Posts

I've just returned from the viewing. Wow. That was about the hardest thing I've ever experienced. It's hard to articulate my emotions right now.

Again, hug your wives today. Hug your husbands. Hug your friends. Especially hug your kids.

6. Uninformed

Uninformed 5,000+ Posts

Prayers. I always enjoyed his posts.

Who has volunteered to take care of the snakes?

7. Bevoette

Bevoette 1,000+ Posts

I took 79 into Round Rock today and on the way back between Thrall and Thorndale there's a rest stop and I felt a chill and just sick to my stomach because I saw the flo-orange markings on the roadway, it must of been the accident site [​IMG] . I wiped a tear and said a prayer.
    God Bless Joe and Jeanie RIP.

8. Longhorn Al

Longhorn Al 500+ Posts

It was good to see y'all there, Doug.

That was very tough. I've had to do that many many times in my life, and I hate it each time. I just feel like an empty shell right now.

9. ChazUTX

ChazUTX 250+ Posts

Never knew him personally, but just tragic to hear such news! My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends. His posts will be missed.

[​IMG]

10. Soul Glo

Soul Glo 25+ Posts

Tragic....very tragic and sad. Prayers to the family and his obviously large # of close friends. Terrible.

What an unfair world

11. Knoxville-Horn

Knoxville-Horn 1,000+ Posts

I don't have as much of a personal connection as many of y'all; however, the pictures of him and his daughter have absolutely torn me up. Reminds me of the threads on "Cactus Cafe" about movies or songs that made you cry.

Well, Snoop Dog and his daghter have made me cry tonight. I just got back from my 9 year-old's soccer tourney in Middle Tennessee. I saw my daughter's eyes in his daughter. [​IMG]

God Bless Him and His Family.

12. crayon1973

crayon1973 500+ Posts

just saw this and I can't believe it. If there is anything I can do, please let me know.

13. LittleIdahornski

LittleIdahornski < 25 Posts

I'm horrified. I'd been wondering recently how his fight with cancer was going - hoping for good news. What a punch in the gut.

14. blacklab

blacklab 250+ Posts

I've set up joemojica.com
    JimmyJazz, lhf68, loopy, Al, sign up there and I'll make you an admin.

15. Longhorn Al

Longhorn Al 500+ Posts

16. jimmyjazz

jimmyjazz 2,500+ Posts

17. SAChick

SAChick 500+ Posts

I've never met snoop but I had been around long enough to know him though his posts. His strength and love for his kids always stood out. I was always amazed by how much he suffered with his cancer and how life always seemed to knock him down but he kept going. He kept going for his family. That's the greatest legacy he could have left behind.
    Seeing that picture of him and his daughter broke my heart. I've never cried over something I've seen on read on the internet but that picture had me in tears. Life is so unfair. This just make my heart ache. I hope his wife and sons find a way to keep going. I hope they'll use the strength that Snoop had. At least Snoop and jeanie are together and they'll never have to be apart. He's with her and not having to suffer the pain of loosing her.

prayers....

18. hrn346

hrn346 25+ Posts

bevoette, i did the same thing. utexas and i were driving back from a graduation lunch just east of rockdale. we took 79 and about halfway between thorndale to thrall was that rest stop. we saw where it happened. just really sad.

and i was just turning on the radio this morning when i caught wind of bob cole saying something in regards to donations for a family who needed the help at a cook walden in pflugerville. i know bob isnt' a stranger to this place.. i'm hoping that was in regards to joe's family.

19. Folks, let's start using the website to get the flow of ideas and assistance going. If you want, do post here but make sure to post over there and begin the process of moving everything over there.

There are links for stories, benefit ideas and plans of actions as well as soon to be a donation area for those far away but still touched.

Thank you Bob for getting the site registered and set up. This will be like inventing the wheel for all of this. It will be very helpful.

20. Longhorn_94

Longhorn_94 100+ Posts

I didnt know Joe or Jeanie. May God bless both of them.

but their deaths have touched me deeply. As someone who is the same age as Joe and has a daughter the same age, their passing has moved me to decide to make changes in my life that have long been overdue. i will be a better man, a better husband and a better father because of them. i will honor both of them and do what i can to make something meaningful out of this horrible tragedy.

May God bless Joe and Jeanie and their Family.

Jason

21. dahorns

dahorns 250+ Posts

very sad, we'll say a prayer for Joe and Jeanie, Elana and the boys. R.I.P. [​IMG]

22. KaiserSoze

KaiserSoze 250+ Posts

R.I.P. Joe & Jeanie.

As long as we're sharing, one of my favorite Joe memories was the night he and I had a 4-hour conversation over the phone. We were drinking beers and every 30-45 minutes or so we would do a shot together.

I did Jack and Tequila shots in his honor on Thursday, but didn't have it in me to post until now.

Jeanie was hilarious, sweet, cute.

R.I.P. Joe & Jeanie, R.I.P.

23. Hornius Emeritus

Hornius Emeritus 2,500+ Posts

Joe and Jeanie made the front page of Killing Joke's website.

The Link

24. bigup2dahorns

bigup2dahorns 250+ Posts

i never met snoop. but i sure could feel his strength thru his posts. i admired him and he will be missed greatly. to snoop and jeannie, the eyes of texas are upon you [​IMG]

25. Mr.Wizard

Mr.Wizard 1,000+ Posts

Man, what can be said?

I have held off on posting because it just seems so sensless and unreal, after all the life he grasphed while going thru the C.

Sadness all over the place.

RIP brother.

26. ShadowNinja

ShadowNinja 100+ Posts

Condolences to the family, may they Rest in Peace [​IMG]

27. PacSER

PacSER 500+ Posts

site is down. SQL errors

28. Rip76

Rip76 1,000+ Posts

Email about Joe talked about, on ESPN Radio.The Link

29. Used2btexaslover

Used2btexaslover 250+ Posts

When you have a way to donate to the trust will you please let us know? Perhaps even start a new thread.

30. miguelito

miguelito 250+ Posts

sig check.

Following loop(y)'s suggestion.