from the 'Did that just happen' file

Discussion in 'Quackenbush's' started by crayon1973, Feb 4, 2008.

1. crayon1973

crayon1973 500+ Posts

So last night I played a show at RC Fowlers on 620 and 183 just across from Lakeline mall. I was sitting out on the deck with a girl I know and my bass player. I'm white. VERY white. And pale. My bass player is asian and the girl is half asian and half hispanic and we were the only 3 people out on the deck. Anyway a car truck drives by and a guy leans out the window and yells "RC Fowlers hates N-------rs!!".
    What, exactly, would possess someone to do that? Our drummer is black by he was inside. It was just the strangest thing I'd ever seen. Are people really that stupid that they yell racial slurs at the wrong races just to yell them?

2. Anastasis

Anastasis 1,000+ Posts

3. Nivek

Nivek 500+ Posts

Morons are always willing to open their mouths and prove it.

4. Brisketexan

Brisketexan 1,000+ Posts

To be fair, I often yell "f**k the Dutch" at crowds, not knowing whether or not there is an actual dutchman present. I just can't take the risk of there being a dutchman there and me NOT telling him that I hate him.

5. LostinTime

LostinTime 25+ Posts

Was there an Aggy sticker on the car-truck?

6. crayon1973

crayon1973 500+ Posts

couldn't tell, but it was a black lowered truck with black rims... the joke writes itself.

7. HookemDanno

HookemDanno 100+ Posts

Nice work Brisket...Although I think your hatred is tragically mis-directed...we all know that it's the Belgians...not the Dutch who are to blame!!! I can't stand those litlte waffle eatin' SOBs...

[​IMG] Danno

8. El_Guapo

El_Guapo 500+ Posts

9. Bevo5

Bevo5 1,000+ Posts

I think the guy was just sharing a fact.

Edit: Just re-read that...not saying it's a fact, just that he was yelling it out to you to share what he believes is a fact..not directing a slur at you.

10. pmg

pmg 1,000+ Posts

11. jmatt

jmatt 1,000+ Posts

You notice he did it while driving by. Very manly.

No way he has the balls to say something like that to anyone's face, where there's more than a chance someone would punch him in the face.

12. jmatt

jmatt 1,000+ Posts

Oh wait, maybe his name was (coincidentally) RC Fowler.

13. 6th&Congress

6th&Congress 25+ Posts

Brisket-

How can you not like the Dutch? They are the only ones that can buy goods from the French and sell to the Jews and still make a profit.

14. Eastwood22

Eastwood22 250+ Posts

15. Beau Vine

Beau Vine 1,000+ Posts

Let's think of a derogatory name for the Belgians.

16. shotgun427

shotgun427 250+ Posts

What's always an adventure is walking around west campus late at night. I've been called, f_g, Ni___r, Spic, had an egg thrown at me, been flashed a couple of times, had a sorority girl try to get me to peek at her friend peeing then Jenna Bush telling me not to. I've seen a guy fall of his motorcycle, then get mad because I tried to help him. Good times.

17. Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden 500+ Posts

18. HookemDanno

HookemDanno 100+ Posts

19. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

We cannot tolerate racism directed towards blacks and Asians. The Irish are fair game, however.

20. Xminus6

Xminus6 500+ Posts

i had a trashy girl at my high school call me a "fuckin' spic". i'm chinese.

21. BattleshipTexas

BattleshipTexas 1,000+ Posts

Very confusing. He didn't say "I hate ..." as he said "RC Fowlers hates ...". So it was more like he was accusing you, or the establishmnet you were at, of being the hater. Something doesn't make sense here. So that's why you didn't have to be of that race. He wasn't saying that he hated you. He was saying something about RC Fowlers instead. Something inappropriate for sure, but I think you are hearing an "I hate" statement that isn't what he said.

22. crayon1973

crayon1973 500+ Posts

BT - See, I kind of get that, except the guy yelling it was white and yelling out of a truck and his word choice didn't seem that of someone disparaging an establishment. To me, I thought he was assuming the roll of spokesman or for RC Fowlers (all the employees of which were VERY nice all night)

23. gsoda3

gsoda3 250+ Posts

24. Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden 500+ Posts

25. jmatt

jmatt 1,000+ Posts

26. Texoz

Texoz 1,000+ Posts

God invented the internet for this thread, but not for any non-white posters. You guys need to put down the keyboard and pick up two tin cans and some twine.

And for the OP, yes, people's infinite ignorance can not be underestimated.

Carry on.

27. Tim & Omar's Apt

Tim & Omar's Apt 100+ Posts

Can't we all just hate Oklahomans? They suck, and I don't consider that place a part of the U.S. anyway.

28. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts