From the Trump Rally in Dallas

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Horn6721, Oct 19, 2019.

1. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Here are some things I observed at the Trump rally Thursday. My opinions only.
    I had tickets but had to work and knew I would not make it inside.
    I still went based on the opinion of people who had attended other rallies and not gotten in.
    Took Dart which puts one right at AAC. Surprised at the people on the train with me who told me they wished they could go but had to work/ They told me to represent them. Mixture of whites Asians and Latinos.
    The only negative I got was a black guy giving me the finger as he got off> People laughed and pointed out he didn't have the guts to do it while on board.

The outside crowd was something to experience. The average age outside was less than 40 with Xers and millennials
    compared to the age of people inside which was probably over 50. Those people could take off work or are retired. The people outside had to work.
    Just like at an away tailgate everyone was a friend. So I talked and asked questions. People were energized just to be there.
    Talked to a couple of blue collar workers.They said they were tired of the media and Pols saying the economy was so bad. One had a brother in Ohio who tells him things are good there too. These blue collar workers said Trump gets them.And they him. They laughed when Trump started saying he was one of the greatest Pres ever. That maybe Washington and Lincoln were great too. One said, " That will drive the left crazy"

Spoke to an Asian family, an older woman, father mother and 2 cute girls , all decked out in more Trump gear than at some of the stands selling stuff.
    The old woman leaned over to me and said the freedoms she and her family experienced here
    could never happen in her old country.
    The Blacks I saw looked more professional than blue collar.
    The numbers of Hispanic and Latinos was surprising. Watching a repla I noticed numbers of Latinos behind Trump with professional signs. Outside there were many Latinos with homemade signs supporting Trump and the building of the Wall . One Hispanic shouted a thank you to Trump for historic Hispanic employment. People cheered.

As loud as the cheering inside it was louder outside. Trump definitely played to the Texas crowd. When he talked about Texans loving guns, when he talked about us defending the cannon, Come and take it, when he said he would protect the second amendment to the fullest the place went crazy.
    One the way back to the train there were 3 fat chicks with pro abortions signs but no one paid any attention to them.The Sax guy that always plays there got more attention.
    People were still excited on train back. I asked if they minded not being inside. Not a bit. One couple who had waited 6 hours but didn't get in said they would do it again.
    Other people on the train were coming from the Fair wanted to know all about it .If there were haters they said nothing.
    I know I should have known better but hearing so much gloom and doom from the Dem Clown car and the media I wasn't sure what to believe. Being there among 30K and knowing this is happening all across the country with real people who are living their lives and doing pretty good is encouraging.
    Texas may be turning blue but it won't be in 2020

• Like Like x 1