Frustrating season

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by zuckercanyon, Nov 25, 2017.

1. zuckercanyon

zuckercanyon 2,500+ Posts

This loss is tough to handle. I really thought Texas would be better. Holton Hill’s dismissal, Sam’s erratic play, o-line woes, all made Texas an “eh” team this year. I’m sure Tom Herman is frustrated as well, sort of bewildered that players he trusts and believes in can’t seem to eliminate or diminish costly errors. Still love the Longhorns, but maybe not sad too much if some leave for the draft if it improves their station in life. No one is going to come in here and erase the problems this program has had since 2009. I believe Herman is the answer. However, perhaps like August Garrido for the baseball program, Tom’ll need to “break a few eggs” making this a formidable program again. I’ll gladly give him two more full seasons (maybe another) to do so. But I’ll be just as frustrated as anyone else when I see what we saw last night.

2. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

I am sure the players are as equally bewildered and frustrated by Tom Herman. Total and utter failure on his side of the ball and the bick does not stop with the players or even Tim Beck.
    I can think of a few players who I would not blame if they seek transfer.
    Oh but he gives them a kiss as they get off the team bus so there is that. I bet most of the players hate that ****. Talk about bewildering...

• Like Like x 1
  3. zuckercanyon

I felt the same way about Augie when he replaced Gus. Ran everyone off, ex-players would have a significant hand in beating Texas, losing/poor record/etc. I think a lot of getting a team together is buying in to the system, and I think individual play has gotten better but still see glimpses of past errors. I think everyone got to play this year, but (apparently) no one stood out consistently, because someone else would take that spot the next game. I think next year it'll be clearer because there will be graduation/NFL/transfers. Herman's players/philosophy will be forming. Then there'll be something more tangible to address. It's always been a common thought that a two-quarterback system doesn't usually work well, but I think a 10-receiver system isn't really that great either (or however many hit the field each game).

4. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

Augie is the most successful college BB coach ever. What has Tom done? they don't even deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence.

5. zuckercanyon

It's an example. Augie was successful but I don't think anyone was cheering him on when we had a losing record. It took a couple of seasons for him to get buy in from players and fans and all of a sudden there was super regional appearances and CWS appearance then titles. Not guaranteeing natty's in two years but it could be agreed that Saban could walk in and go 6-6. I believe he was 7-6 (wins vacated) in his first season at 'Bama. Again, Herman is not necessarily Saban but using the example to say I don't think anyone could come in here and go 10-2 with what was left.