Gail Goestenkors

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by VinceYoungScores, Feb 24, 2008.

1. VinceYoungScores

VinceYoungScores 100+ Posts

I'm in love.

Thx k bai.

2. texfiter

texfiter 100+ Posts

How 'bout the technical foul and fire from Coach G? Must be frustrating for her, but nice to see her fervently question three bad calls.

3. orangehoops

orangehoops 100+ Posts

4. Rexy

Rexy 1,000+ Posts

YEAH! You go get'em Coach!! I LOVED the "T" I LOVE her fire and passion!!!

Even with the loss I could see so many things I LOVED about this team. It is beginning to have Coach G's stamp all over it!!!

We may miss the "Dance" but not for long!

5. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Frustrating is looking at the upper deck and it's almost empty

6. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

I wouldn't mind that if the lower deck was fuller and/or our fans didn't make viewers in our televised games think they accidentally hit the mute button whenever the announcers stop talking for a few seconds.

7. DINO22

DINO22 1,000+ Posts

Gail I do not know if you read mesages off of this board.I just want to say I am glad you are at Texas.I love the offense and the defense.Hang in there, it will get better for you.I love the assist coaches too.

8. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

9. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

10. hornfan56

hornfan56 25+ Posts

The product will get better but the marketing has been ineffective/non-existant for a long time.

11. texfiter

texfiter 100+ Posts

12. jerwilliamz

jerwilliamz 25+ Posts

They had 7,000 + according to the box score. That is very good for a women's game. There were even 10 to 20 students in attendance. Stop complaining.

13. orangehoops

orangehoops 100+ Posts

14. hornacopia

hornacopia < 25 Posts

I don't think we have anyone who is in charge of media relations for women's hoops...but if we do, they should be ashamed, because they do an abysmal job.

Here's just one of the many pet peeves: EVERY other team in the B12 offers webcasts/video of their games except Texas...what is up with that??

15. HornHoops

HornHoops < 25 Posts

Media relations is exactly what it says -- MEDIA relations. It is not marketing. UT has a entire department for sports marketing, and they have an entire department for media relations.

Barb Kowal is the media relations person, and she is, without a doubt, the best in the biz.

16. orangehoops

orangehoops 100+ Posts

i think i've met barb -- really, really nice lady! so who is in charge of marketing the women's team?

17. jerwilliamz

jerwilliamz 25+ Posts

This article in the Daily Texan says Terri Pierce is in charge of the marketing:The Link

Barb is alright. She's the media person not the marketing director. I don't know if she has anything to do with the lack of a webcast either. My only complaint with her is that the previews for WBB on Texas Sports are never up till the day of the game or the day before the game. Meanwhile, all the other UT sports have them up two days before.

18. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts