Game 3 thread

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by honkinhorn, Jun 24, 2009.

1. Dude

Dude 1,000+ Posts

Monday night makes me sick, guess thats how several of our opponents have felt this year. Just when they thought they had us......

2. TheFied

TheFied 2,500+ Posts

We didn't let game 1 beat us the problem is against a team with the talent of LSU you can't outplay them 3 games in a row. And we basically outplayed them 3 games but let the 1st one get away (and they obviously made plays). You just can't do that and we did. Too bad.

Question -> when are we going to get the athletes like Drew Stubbs, Peoples, again? We played above our head b/c we just don't have that type of talent right now.

3. S.A.Diva

S.A.Diva 250+ Posts

This has been a GREAT series...I doubt ANYONE could have given LSU a better run for their money besides Texas...LSU is a great team...

HOWEVER, Texas has been a great opponent. No shame in that...

Our boys rock! So proud of them!

[​IMG]

4. catfishhorn

catfishhorn 100+ Posts

I'm just hoping that I can see Ventura's hitting streak again before this is over. [​IMG]

5. Dude

Dude 1,000+ Posts

Baseball recruiting has to be the hardest, if you go after the best kids you risk them going pro. With 400 rounds in the MLB draft, you never know when a kid is going to leave. Also, the limited schollies mess you up.

6. RO'Nealicus

RO'Nealicus 100+ Posts

DAMN!!!

Their starting pitcher looks like OU's former starting QB.

7. Friday

Friday 500+ Posts

How did Flash Gordon not beat that out. He has WORLD CLASS SPEED

8. Number_6

Number_6 100+ Posts

I must be blind, because LSU's "home runs" sure look like foul balls to me.. I could *see* the ball pass in front of and to the left of the post...

9. Dude

Dude 1,000+ Posts

Has Auggie thrown in the towel?

10. Friday

Friday 500+ Posts

Ruffin hasn't. Very proud of this team no matter what happens in this last at bat.

11. diverdown

diverdown 100+ Posts

Harsh reality has set in, and it hurts. This team showed so much heart from the conference championship to the regionals, and now. Thanks guys for giving me a lot to cheer about this season.

Now, the worst part of the year begins tomorrow. No UT football, basketball or baseball. All I have to cling to is preseason mags and watching last year's football season on DVD. I will sign off by stating...

73 days to kickoff!!! [​IMG]

12. catfishhorn

catfishhorn 100+ Posts

How classic would a 7 run rally be now that they've pulled half the starters off the field? [​IMG]

13. Oilfield

Oilfield Guest

Army game Karma! [​IMG]

14. Oilfield

Oilfield Guest

And THAT's how you start it. [​IMG]

15. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG] Still behind this team

16. UTAustin92

UTAustin92 250+ Posts

Ruffin shouldn't have been pulled so early in the first game and he should have been the first one in relief in this game. You go with your ace.

17. catfishhorn

catfishhorn 100+ Posts

ump should have been calling that **** on the first batter that Woods faced.

18. Horn87

Horn87 1,000+ Posts

homeplate ump wanting to end this in a hurry [​IMG]

19. Friday

Friday 500+ Posts

Moving that back foot again. He has got to work on that this Fall.

20. NativeTXchic

NativeTXchic 1,000+ Posts

[​IMG] but Texas played a damn good season despite the loss. [​IMG]

21. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

Congrats to LSU they have a great team.

This Texas team though is a young team that will have a great shot next year to take one more step. A lot of young pitchers who have a lot of experience now in big games. [​IMG]

22. diverdown

diverdown 100+ Posts

Congrats to LSU. Solid team.

[​IMG]

23. YoLaDu

YoLaDu Guest

Great series. Proud of the team. [​IMG]

Congrats to the Tigers. The better team won, they earned it.

24. Dude

Dude 1,000+ Posts

So uh... Now what am I supposed to do?

We need to get Baseball moved up one month. That would make keeping up with it easier in the beginning, and would reduce my time off before Football.

25. catfishhorn

catfishhorn 100+ Posts

I can't stand their fans or their players, but the LSU coach is a class act. If you are going to lose I'd rather lose to the best and not a prick like Murphy.

No shame in this series loss between two very evenly matched teams. [​IMG]

26. ut1969

ut1969 250+ Posts

You can't blow a game against a good team like this. Monday was a killer.

27. YoLaDu

YoLaDu Guest

28. HouOKHorn

HouOKHorn 25+ Posts

Great season Horns y'all will be there next year.

29. Horn87

Horn87 1,000+ Posts

Great season by the 'Horns!! what, picked 3rd in the conference? made it to the final game of the year--still proud [​IMG] Lost to a great LSU team with a lot of drafted players--looking for great things again next year at the Disch

30. Fritz

Fritz 500+ Posts

Hats off to LSU.

Great season by UT, nothing to be ashamed off. I wish that the seniors would have another shot at it next year.