Game day discussion re:Texas

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by aUTfan, Oct 8, 2016.

1. aUTfan

aUTfan 2,500+ Posts

Don't know who saw it but Kirk Herbstreit absolutely unloaded on Texas boosters, I've never seen Kirk attack any body so directly. If you missed it, he said the culture behind the scenes i.e. boosters are a large reason for Texas' woes. He said he didn't know why anyone would even want that job. Says that they run off Mack, going to run off Charlie and whoever the next guy is, the same problem is going to exist. And to be honest I don't necessarily disagree with him.

2. NB_LONGHORN

NB_LONGHORN 500+ Posts

3. aUTfan

aUTfan 2,500+ Posts

Thanks for posting that

4. MudHorn

MudHorn Admin Moderator

Kirk can stfu
    He wasn't producing
    He is not producing, may have a chance to turn it around this year
    Not if he wins or at least shows some competence early on

• Like Like x 5
  5. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

I hope we keep running off coaches who can't produce :yes:

• Like Like x 7
  6. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

He was brutal but so was entire segment. Essentially that Strong was doomed from the start due to McCombs public comments and the damning effect of Texas fans and boosters vocal social media rants.
    Fwiw I do believe we have problems beyond the coach here at Texas. Administrative attitude and positioning is dysfunctional, i.e., the stadium atmosphere, the recent ticket pricing/parking issues, etc.
    God I love my Horns but admit we have some serious problems. However, winning does indeed cure everything.

• Like Like x 2
  7. p_town_horn

p_town_horn 1,000+ Posts

Pretty harsh words. I think there are problems when boosters have too much sway but what major programs don't run off coaches with losing records. Look at Notre Dame and Michigan.

8. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Pretty easy to be loud and saying that crap in front of A&M fans, no less. I really like Strong, but if he is the big boy he says he expects the players to be, what the boosters say or don't say shouldn't impact game decisions and the crap defense we have had. I don't remember his saying all this stuff at the end of the 2008 Texas-ou game when he was praying Texas.

BTW, is it me or does Herbie look like he has put on 40 pounds?

9. Broken Spoke

Broken Spoke 100+ Posts

He called Austin a cesspool, Really?
    That's what did it for me. Cannot wait until they come to UT for GameDay, (and it will come soon). Hope he gets BBQed

10. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Yep, cesspool. Playing to the freaking cult.

11. aUTfan

aUTfan 2,500+ Posts

yes, i realize he was speaking in front of a hated schools fan base regarding cesspool but he believed the rest of what he said and there was truth to it.

12. aUTfan

aUTfan 2,500+ Posts

i think charlie strong can do it, but i'm pretty sure if he loses today it's over, especially if it's bad. in fact if it's bad he may not make it back to Austin.

13. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

It is a sorry state of affairs when Game Day shows up in collie station for a game between mid-pack $EC East and West teams. What happens next season when Stumblin is coaching USC?

• Like Like x 1
  14. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

They will give him the remainder of this season. However nothing would prevent him from doing the honorable thing and quitting. Texas would probably still give him the $10 million he will get at the end of the season if the school dismisses (excuse me reassigns) him.

15. franzier

franzier 25+ Posts

What part of giving up 99 points in two games did Herbstreit miss? By the way, you suck too, Kirk.