Garrett Finishes Second Meeting w/ Jones w/o Resolution

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by stanhin, Dec 31, 2019.

1. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

If this link to Moore’s tweet will work, check out the responses, especially the set of gifs of faces being buried in hands. At least in my set-up, you have to click on the photo to start the animation running. ;)

Last edited: Dec 31, 2019
  2. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

Just what I heard last week on local radio, his contact is up on Wednesday. That was when they expected the axe to fall.

They don't know what they are doing over there, and I think fully half of the nfl franchises are in the same boat

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Those must be some very interesting pictures.

4. BurntOrangeLH

BurntOrangeLH 2,500+ Posts

I guess they couldn't agree on the colors of the casket liner.

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. El Sapo

El Sapo Bevo's BFF

Jerry Jones could f**k up a two car funeral.... there's no telling where this ends :popcorn:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  6. CreakyHorn

CreakyHorn 500+ Posts

Yes, but he'd have plenty of media coverage and sponsors lined up along the route.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

What are they doing in these meetings, playing rock paper scissors?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

You don't want to be last in line for the best next NFL coach. But if the other owners are hiring retreads like Ron Rivera and Jack Del Rio, what's the rush?

9. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Del Rio as DC is actually a good hire.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

Why do Riley and Saban come up, but never Dabo?

He's my favorite college coach that I think can coach, lead men, and head coach without me hating him (Ala Saban).

11. arkansashorn44

arkansashorn44 500+ Posts

I predict Garrett stays but has to fire his entire staff...….including Jerry Jones

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Whispers are that Jones' grand scheme exploded in his face when the Giants fired Schumer. He doesn't want Garrett coaching the Giants period so Garrett is holding firm. In effect, the Giants and Cowboys are playing blind poker with Garrett the perceived pot.

13. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

Viper, is Garrett threatening to go to the Giants? Is that what you were referring to by "holding firm"?

14. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

He is using it as leverage. Garrett is from New Jersey and evidently, the Giants are making noises they want to talk to Garrett when his contract officially expires. Jones is hoping the Giants will blink first by hiring a HC and an OC which will take Garrett's leverage away.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2020
  15. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

Okay, thank you.

16. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Who knows, Garrett might be a good coach at an organization where the owner lets the coach actually coach. As it is I have no idea if he's actually good or bad because of Jerrah.

• Agree Agree x 5
  17. RTM4

RTM4 25+ Posts

Please, please Jerry Jones, don't f'ck this up.
    I know I am asking for the impossible but goodness by just blind luck you would think he could make a correct decision.

Get rid of Garrett, send him to anywhere but just get rid of him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

As long as Jerry sticks around, does it matter much? Even Parcells couldn't overcome Jerry.

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. CreakyHorn

CreakyHorn 500+ Posts

Yes! How many coaches have the Cowboys had since Jimmy won those Superbowls (Switzer won with Jimmy's team)? It hasn't really mattered who was coaching. The common factor in all these years of mediocrity is the General Manager. Why is he still there? :rolleyes1:

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. BurntOrangeLH

21. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

Garrett is a terrible game day manager, Giants can have him.

22. BurntOrangeLH

23. BurntOrangeLH

Just reported on ESPN that Garret is gone.

24. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

25. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

They have to move on without him at this point. You can't keep a guy after undermining him for a couple of weeks after the season ends. Even if they had actually wanted to keep him, it'd be a disaster to do so now.

26. BurntOrangeLH

Jerrah is the one they really need to trade.

• Agree Agree x 1
  27. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

28. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Cowboys Hiring Mike McCarthy as Head Coach
    DAN GARTLAND UPDATED: JAN 6, 2020 ORIGINAL: JAN 6, 2020

Former Packers coach Mike McCarthy has agreed to become the next head coach of the Cowboys, less than a day after Dallas informed Jason Garrett his contract would not be extended.

Fox's Jay Glazer first reported the news and McCarthy later confirmed to NFL Network's Tom Pelissero that he had signed with the Cowboys.

LINK:
    https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/01/06/dallas-cowboys-mike-mccarthy-hire-head-coach

29. BurntOrangeLH

Very hard to believe, but with Jerrah in charge ......

30. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

I have tended to belittle the hiring of people previously fired, but McCarthy's long term success at Green Bay and the approach he has taken to rehab his employability leave me hopeful.

• Agree Agree x 1