Garrett Post Game

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Vol Horn 4 Life, Dec 22, 2019.

1. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Press:. Why wasn't Amari Cooper on the field for the 4th and 8 play at the end of the game?

Garrett:. We had players on a rotation basis, we had a lot of rotation and he wasn't on the field for that play.

In later questions after a few about the same situations he changed the narrative to we had the players on the field they thought gave them the best matchups.

He lost track of what was going on and didn't even realize Cooper wasn't on the field for the most important play of the season. When asked why he didn't take a timeout to make sure they had the best personnel on the field the answer was they wanted to save the timeouts.

Another piece of proof Garrett has no idea what to do. You don't leave your best receiver on the sideline on the field in the biggest moments unless you have no idea who is on the field. Both are major problems.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Ummm, reminds me of Bush being on sidelines.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

Speaking of players not in the game.
    I thought one of the most significant sequences of the game was when Dallas ran the ball with Pollard twice early in 3rd quarter pretty deep in Eagles territory down 10-6, with momentum shifting to their side. First play on 3rd and 2 was for little or no gain and second play was a stuff and a fumble/turnover.
    The crew highlighted the fact that Ezekiel Elliott had removed himself from the game after an earlier run. He may have been shaken up but appeared fine.
    Who knows...but he has earned no benefits of the doubt in my mind. I question his integrity already and think it was a suspect move at a crucial juncture/moment in the game. I know it sounds like a harsh judgement, but I just get the sense he isnt trustworthy at times.
    Hey. If you are going to cuss out the Philly cameraman on your arrival and cop an attitude...you better be ready to lay it all down when the battle is raging and back it up.
    Maybe there was a decent explanation, but, like I said...I think his character is suspect, so...

4. Vol Horn 4 Life

Either Elliot pulled himself or Garrett had another DUH moment. Either way it's on coaching and yet another example the team is lost.

• Like Like x 2
  5. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

Garrett doesn't look like he even cares at this point. He knows he's dead man walking regardless. Why put in the effort if it doesn't matter I guess. He lost the team a long time ago. Looks like the Browns.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Dang! That is unreal. What the hell is going on with him? Seems like he has effectively mailed it in and is ready for his swan song next week. I'm not a Cowboys fan, but that interview is bizarre.

7. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Because he's sucked for most of the past month?

8. Vol Horn 4 Life

And so has most of the team for most of the season.

9. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

Garrett in several games looked like he wasn't enjoying himself. He's a nice man and a bright guy who probably ought to be doing something else for a while. I think he needs a recharge. Maybe he would be a fine NFL coach in an organization that doesn't cut him off at the knees, authority wise.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Many people would can only dream of retiring with this guy makes in a year. I wonder what drives guys like him, Mack Brown, et al, to keep going. I get it, drive, ambition, blah blah blah, but maybe spend time with the fam?

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

There is a rumor that Jerry is going to relocate the Cowboys to the Philippine Islands, where the team will be renamed the Manila Folders.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Hot Hot x 1
  12. RainH2burntO

I actually think Garrett cares alot.

13. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

I thought this forum was about Longhorn football

can staff create one for those obsessed with corporate football from South Oklahoma?

• poop poop x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. RainH2burntO

Weird...watching Cowboys this year was alot like watching Longhorns.
    One thing that stood out to me last night was how many opportunities Dallas had in the passing game. What I saw on the field matched exactly what I thought Dallas would have as the best path to victory in this game....except they didn't exploit it.
    I dont know how much Prescotts injury played a role. I'd like to say alot..if not for the fact that the performance resembled so many others this year. Poor coaching, poor play, poor capitalization of available opportunities. They should have shredded that defense through the air last night.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

Some of us have amazingly worthless opinions — of course, not Dukesteer — on just about everything.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

WOW!! That good!

17. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Let me expound slightly then: he has not been the best receiver on the team lately.

18. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

I sure hope Garrett is gone. Been saying that for at least two years. And I hope the OK head coach (senior moment) takes the position. Tired of him kicking our butt and the coach (oh yeah, Lincoln) would be good for the cowboys, I think.

• Like Like x 1
  19. zuckercanyon

zuckercanyon 2,500+ Posts

PP, I feel like OU and Texas need for each other to be great for credibility's sake, so I hope Lincoln is there for 20 and TH makes us want him to stay for 20!