Gary Patterson as DC???

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Hillcityhorn, Nov 15, 2021.

1. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

:arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up:
    Well, it wasn't like he was operating heavy machinery or anything...

:beertoast:

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

Either way you're fired and have to rebuild your reputation.
    Who's the current OC at Bama?
    Oh yea, fired NFL coach Bill O'Brian.

3. Hillcityhorn

Hillcityhorn 100+ Posts

So is everyone in agreement that GP isn't coming to Texas to help on D? Hopefully, we get defensive players to fit Coach K's system? I am concerned some of our lack of pass rush seems to be the opposing teams OL is allowed to hold, so how do you get pressure on the opposing QB. Maybe grease on our DL's jerseys or tear away jerseys? But seriously front 7 is lacking talent, it didn't help when Jones went down, he could get to the QB.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

I don't really care for Patterson but i really like his passion and fire. That would be refreshing

Whats muschamp doing these days?

Sterling gilbert(?) Turned 3* Foreman into a 2000 yard rusher. I wonder if he could do that with Bijan? Just sayin

5. longhornlegend

longhornlegend 1,000+ Posts

Jacoby Jones was a much bigger loss than most thought at the time. He was obviously very important to the Dline.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

I read the links and like others, I think there is more to the story of him being fired than his teams have struggled the last few years and he supposedly mouthed off he was untouchable.

If CDC was still AD at TCU perhaps Patterson would have remained HC - at least a while longer. I think eventually more will come out about the nature of the parting of ways.

As for the rumors created by FW-ST, I think it is bologna Patterson would go to UT as DC now or at the end of the season. The writer decided to take a few clues and put them together as some kind of possible prediction.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2021
  7. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

The truth will come out in time. Could the BMDs have finally gotten tired of covering up the drugs, booze, and assaults for fear that they might have been sued for knowing and covering up?

• Hot Hot x 2
  8. BornOrange0855

BornOrange0855 250+ Posts

I don't want Patterson anywhere near UT. Ever.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

That settles it.

:thumbup:

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

I won’t say it’s an absolute no to GP coming to Texas. Any thing is possible, but probable? I will say the odds of him coming to Texas are very slim at best. I’ll be surprised if he’s hired.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

He was in Austin last weekend.
    Hmmmm.....

12. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

So I heard.