Geigger the only Horn on Team Texas' list

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by afat, Jan 25, 2008.

1. afat

afat 250+ Posts

2. mandingo

mandingo 2,500+ Posts

Looks like Team Texas dropped the ball.

3. netslave

netslave 1,000+ Posts

Since we'll be running what looks like the Tech offense, should we come dressed as Pirates to the games?

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

Looks like the more a program sucks, the more players come from that school

5. jmatt

jmatt 1,000+ Posts

Geigger was on Bucky's show this morning and he mentioned that OJ McClintock and someone else from UT (I forget who - James Brown maybe??) was on the same team as he was.

Or did I hear incorrectly??

6. halsteadfrost

halsteadfrost 1,000+ Posts

Yea I heard Geiger being intereviewed a few days ago and hear him mention James Brown and Rod Babers (maybe?)

7. DRAG69

DRAG69 1,000+ Posts

What are the odds that this league even finishes it's first season before folding ?

8. afat

afat 250+ Posts

One of two scenarios for those other guys:

1. They are eligible for the draft but Team Texas decided they didn't want them. They may be picked by another team.

2. They didn't get their paperwork in on time and they are going to be in the supplemental draft on Feb. 16th. Team Texas can protect three more players from the supplemental draft.

9. jmatt

jmatt 1,000+ Posts

By the way, this league requires the players to have their degree. Geigger mentioned that he went back and finished just because of that rule. [​IMG]

Oh, and now that Shamewood mentioned it, I believe Chad Stevens was the name he mentioned. I think it was Bucky that mentioned JB.

10. ChiroHorn

ChiroHorn 100+ Posts

Wow. Those players had some solid college careers.

11. Esmack

Esmack 250+ Posts

What in the hell is Team Texas?

12. jt09

jt09 500+ Posts

I'm friends w/ OJ and I love the guy, but there's no way in hell he can play competitive football these days.

Tyrone Jones looks like he could still get after it though. Dude looks lean.

13. netslave

netslave 1,000+ Posts

14. Tank

Tank 100+ Posts

6 aggies made the team.

15. Puffer

Puffer 250+ Posts

Geigger also mentioned each player would be paid about $50K

16. Bubba Don

Bubba Don 250+ Posts

Put me down as one who could care less about any football leagues, including Canadian, Arena, Eurpoean, and whatever this thing is....

If it ain't the NFL or an NCAA game, I ain't going and I ain't watching. I'd rather go to a high school game.

Hook em

17. SWHorn

SWHorn 500+ Posts

18. DRAG69

DRAG69 1,000+ Posts

We all know how successful these kinds of leagues have been in the past.

This one is no different.
    It will never make it.

19. afat

afat 250+ Posts

20. halsteadfrost

I think this league IS different in that it's banking on the popularity of college football as opposed to trying to compete with the NFL (ala the XFL). If you are a fan of college football this is simply a way for you to continue following your favorite players who weren't able to make it in the NFL for whatever reason. Plus it's not "football" with weird rules like the Arena League or the CFL.

Honestly it's a little odd to me that people on here seem so against the idea before even watching a game. Are you all just gearing up to start calling the Aggie Football League and anyone who does follow it Aggy? [​IMG]

21. afat

afat 250+ Posts

The CFL is 73 years old.

The AFL merged with the NFL.

The USFL was somewhat successful until Donald Trump convinced the league to move games to the Fall.

The Arena Leauge is 20 years old and has spawned the A2.

The WLAF had some success and then morphed into NFL Europa which just folded.

The XFL was WWF with football. It died like it should have.

22. TXBabe97

TXBabe97 250+ Posts

Maybe it's like that other football team here in Houston that is run by a bunch of aggy.

I'll go check it out anyway. It could be fun.

23. afat

afat 250+ Posts

24. afat

afat 250+ Posts

For those who are interested in following the draft today, here is the link to my coverage:

Live AAFL Draft Coverage

You can watch the draft starting at 11am here.

25. Pentaconta

Pentaconta 1,000+ Posts

26. CharlestonHorn

CharlestonHorn 25+ Posts

I can't believe I'm watching this draft online. I'm at work and I have it running in the background, but I think I seriously need help. It can't be healthy to like watching drafts this much.

27. afat

afat 250+ Posts

Eric Crouch is Team Texas's first pick. I like it.

28. halsteadfrost

I had heard that crouch was most likely to be a Team texas player due to the Big 12 connection, but I don't know if he fits the system thats in place. I'd like to see him play again, though, I always really liked watching him in college.

29. MilkmanDan

MilkmanDan 1,000+ Posts

30. SWHorn

SWHorn 500+ Posts