Gene Simmons has filed trademark............

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by LousianaHorn, Jun 16, 2017.

1. LousianaHorn

LousianaHorn Kabong

application on the :hookem: hand sign claiming he first used it in November 1974......UT Pres Fenves fired back saying hold on the Geno.........

2. PecosBill

PecosBill 1,000+ Posts

Simmons is late to the party. Hookem Horns has two extended fingers and the thumb tucked inward wghile the thumb outward is part of American Sign Langauge since the 1800s.

3. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

Yes, it's a combination of an I an L and a Y, meaning "I love you."

• Like Like x 1
  4. El Sapo

El Sapo Bevo's BFF

If this story gains any traction it could chew up a couple weeks of the offseason :hookem:

• Like Like x 2
  5. blonthang

blonthang 2,500+ Posts

So, I hear rumblings north of the Red River, seems a mobile home park has taken up a collection to hire a patent lawyer, have already collected $11.32 plus a couple of returnable Coke bottles from the ditch and half a grocery bag of aluminum cans ---- apparently will follow Simmons' lead and attempt to trademark the "upside down Horns hand sign....for any and all anti-UT-Austin fans....even at events in which UT-Austin is not a participant...."

Regarding Simmons, he might succeed in his trademark application if it clearly states that: "....this application for trademark is intended to provide protection for exclusive use to Mr. Simmons of the use of the hand sign consisting of the first and fourth digit extended directly upward, with the thumb extended outward, claiming exclusive use of this hand sign by any over-60, fat, has been, glamrocker, wearing black and silver spandex, with makeup completely covering face, whilst simultaneously extending tongue out at least 8" from the lips..."

Yeah, he just might succeed in getting that protection.

Paul McCartney and Bob Dylan are worried.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
  6. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias