General Presidential Campaign: Trump vs Hillary

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by mchammer, Jun 20, 2016.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

heh -- all the pages of the book are blank

• Like Like x 1
  2. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  3. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The book of blank pages called "Reasons To Vote For Democrats: A Comprehensive Guide" has made it into the top 10 on Amazon books.
    Well done.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Studies of the 2016 election are beginning to come out
    Here, the substance of campaign advertising was charted
    Conclusion -- Hillary largely ran a substance-free campaign

[​IMG]

5. 4th_floor

4th_floor Dude, where's my laptop?

I guess Hope and Change is policy. I don't remember anything else from Obama in 2008.

Hitlery was the queen of the negative ad. I spent a week in Vegas last October. Everytime I flipped on the TV, there was an ad telling me that Trump would enslave all minorities and women and electing him would be the end of the world. I think I saw one Trump ad which didn't address the ridiculous allegations in Hiltlery's ad. I was not surprised when Trump lost Nevada.

6. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Hope you bet Trump for the win

7. 4th_floor

I wish. I could have gotten ridiculous odds.

8. Brad Austin

Brad Austin 2,500+ Posts

The Dems marked Nevada with a bullseye. Harry Reid's senate seat was up and being heavily contested.

Since the Dem candidate was a brash minority woman in a highly publicized race, they went all in lumping her with HRC. Obama rallied for both there when I was in town.

Was a sobering scene to watch the motorcade come down the strip. In the beginning I had no idea what was going on and the scene resembled a major terrorist threat.

They cleared the ultra busy strip as far down as I could see...miles. Taped off pedestrian entry from the hotels and had cop cars parked every 30 yards all the way down. The amount of police manpower and vehicles was staggering. Got it on vid.

My thought watching all this from my room was good luck if anyone ever wants to take out our Prez motorcade...these guys aren't messing around.

9. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Funny as hell

10. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

This was my response to certain posters when they began to first push this Russian story in early December on this website

Now, here we are in March and even Senate Democrats are beginning to admit what I wrote back then. It's all nonsense. It was from the beginning. MSNBC/CNN + certain folks inside the IC recklessly built the expectations of the weak-minded without any evidence of anything. They had zero facts in support of their position, yet the gullible, who were desperate for something to believe in, gratefully hopped on this bandwagon to nowhere.

[​IMG]

https://www.buzzfeed.com/alimwatkin...election-worry?utm_term=.yb2nQjVP5#.ikpa9RxA8

11. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

News out of Hollywood --

Variety says ABC is planning remake of Lost.
    Starring the DNC

12. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Ba da Boom

13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Some in here called this story fake, even suggested O'Keefe/Veritas made it up

"A 34-year-old activist admitted in court Tuesday to discussing a plot to disrupt an inaugural ball for Trump supporters with an acid attack inside the National Press Club in downtown Washington.
    ...... dangerous plan to spread butyric acid through the press club’s ventilation system the night before Trump was inaugurated as president.

The crux of the police case was a conversation secretly recorded by associates of conservative activist James O’Keefe, who caught Charney and two others discussing the plot over beer at a pizza restaurant in December. ..."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...55f3da-0347-11e7-b1e9-a05d3c21f7cf_story.html

14. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

By this chart it looks like only the 2012 election that a Republican ran more on personal than the democrat. A lot more mudslinging by the Dems. Not surprising. They can't run on policies because history doesn't back their claims.

15. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I would have guessed before looking that Gore & Kerry went harder after W on the personal. Maybe this study did not include ads by Super Pacs? Because I recall them hitting W. pretty hard
    -- he's Hitler
    -- he stole the presidency
    -- he's stupid
    -- he's a War Criminal (never a charge to just throw around)
    -- he's a liar
    -- he personally profited off war
    -- he hates black people
    -- he golfed too much
    -- he's a cocaine addict
    -- Cheney should be arrested

Now that Trump is in office, they seem to be rehabilitating their own memories of what they thought of Bush.

• Like Like x 1
  16. 4th_floor

Butyric acid is pretty weak but would be a problem because of the stench. It smells like vomit.

17. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Tell me who is the party of Big Business

[​IMG]

18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Baseball's version of Trump's nomination and victory

• Like Like x 3
  19. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Happy birthday to this former First Lady

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

21. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Doing the journalism 60 Minutes should but wont touch

22. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

More on this story

"...... The brothers, Abid, Jamal and Imran Awan, worked as shared employees for various members of the House, covering committees relating to intelligence, terrorism and cybersecurity, which included the House Committee on Foreign Affairs, the Committee on Homeland Security and the Subcommittee on Tactical Air and Land Forces of the Armed Services Committee.

Imran’s wife, Hina Alvi, and Rao Abbas, both of whom worked as House IT employees, are also under investigation.

DEBBIE WASSERMAN SCHULTZ
    The group were banned from accessing the computers as a result of the investigation but, as of earlier this month, Imran Awan remains as an “technology adviser” to former Democratic National Committee chair, Debbie Wasserman Schultz, who was forced to resign in July following revelations that she worked to further Hillary Clinton’s chances of winning the Democratic primary at the expense of Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders...."

23. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Here is some followup on this story
    Local SF News was forced to cover it, against their will
    Some posters here claim Vertas is a fraud, but as can be seen here, they do get some results

24. Brad Austin

Brad Austin 2,500+ Posts

At least Biden has the spine to admit why HRC really lost the election.

(CNN) Former Vice President Joe Biden on Thursday indirectly knocked Hillary Clinton's failed 2016 campaign at a Thursday event, suggesting that the former secretary of state failed to talk to middle-class voters.

"What happened was that this was the first campaign that I can recall where my party did not talk about what it always stood for -- and that was how to maintain a burgeoning middle class," Biden said during an appearance at the University of Pennsylvania. "You didn't hear a single solitary sentence in the last campaign about that guy working on the assembly line making $60,000 bucks a year and a wife making $32,000 as a hostess in restaurant."

He added: "And they are making $90,000 and they have two kids and they can't make it and they are scared, they are frightened."

25. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

He speaks the truth. Trump spoke to them instead. That's a huge miss by the Democrats.

• Like Like x 1
  26. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Blinded by bathroom politics.

• Like Like x 1
  27. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Hilarious

• Like Like x 2
  28. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Can't make it or can't keep up with the Joneses?

29. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

They did say at the time that she went to Chelsea's so she could "shower and change"

30. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

It would make more sense if they said that was the reason that she had to leave abruptly. Crapping your pants does not explain collapsing and having to be helped into the van for me.