General Presidential Campaign: Trump vs Hillary

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by mchammer, Jun 20, 2016.

1. Duck Dodgers

Duck Dodgers 1,000+ Posts

A barrel of oil is 42 gallons. So every +$42 raise in oil prices adds a buck a gallon to gasoline prices.

Per gallon average is about 4 bucks now, but that doesn't fully take into account the most recent move of oil to $120 a barrel. If gas gets to 5 dollars a gallon from that, plus some price speculation, would need ~ $200 per barrel oil prices to get to 7 dollar gas. Which is entirely possible.

Wholesale gasoline prices are mostly driven by supply and demand, while oil, being a worldwide traded commodity, is subject to investment decisions.

2. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

FYI
    Fox News is showing several gas stations in LA with gas $7.00 and over
    Hardly photoshopping or disinformation.
    I did not realize but should have how far the rig count dropped in the past year.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

There are reports of singular gas stations with ~$7/gallon but they are hardly representative of an average cost of gas. California itself is not representative of the nation given their very high taxes and regulations that push the price higher.

4. Duck Dodgers

California itself is not representative of the nation given the Democrat party control pushes the price higher.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

Trump didn't specify the $7 price as California spot, or a national average. Fact is he's right about $7 . The pain is here and it hurts. That was his entire point.

• Like Like x 1
  6. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

~ Singular~ what ********.

Why are you IN ANY WAY posting here minimizing or in some way justifying the spike in crude oil and gasoline prices for the incompetent Biden admin. ?

Serious question.

The price for a gallon of gasoline for the average American will reach unprecisented and
    unbelievable levels...

Joe and Jen will dismiss it as the price Americans have to Payne for a grater, cleaner and more green environment tomorrow!

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2022
  7. Duck Dodgers

It's a progression:
    • Won't happen, right wing conspiracy theory!
    • Polifact rated it Pants on Fire!
    • Only happening in a one place
    • Only happening in a few places.
    • Still plenty of places where it's not happening.
    • Here's a place where it's not happening.
    • Won't last long.
    • No one could have predicted it was going to be this bad.
    • Certainly not the fault of Biden - to say otherwise is just being partisan, in this time when we need national unity!

• Winner Winner x 3
  8. Horn2RunAgain

My apologies, the point i was trying to make was if price of gas here is 3.89 here it's higher than what marketplace reported, nationally.

In flower mound tonight I saw 4.09 at the QT on fm2499. It's out of control

• Like Like x 1
  9. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

On it's way in DFW to $5 per gallon at least by May. $6 this summer IMO.

10. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

P
    According to AAA, California is averaging $5.444. That's high, but it's not $7. We might eventually get there, but can we wait until we do before going on about Trump being right?

11. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Did Trump say that gas was going to average 7 dollars? :p In all seriousness, who cares?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I honestly don't, but the by people who brought it up do. And again, if it reaches $7, I'll say he was right.

Furthermore, I have no problem with criticizing Biden on the issue. Even if I don't put all of the blame on him for the rise in fuel prices since they're going up all over (I just paid £1,000 for the same amount of heating oil I paid about £433 for a year ago.), I certainly think his policies aggravated the problem and will do nothing to help.

13. humahuma

humahuma 1,000+ Posts

Just wait till the refineries switch over to produce summer gasoline, gas prices will increase but right now the price oil is the controlling factor for gas prices.

14. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

"summer gasoline"
    Thank you California

16. Horn2RunAgain

And JUST LIKE THAT...Gas is now $4.25 a gallon. Just 3 days> it's jumped 19 cents per gallon. Same source as Marketplace's. AAA.

Trump was right, Biden is a disaster for the economy

National average gas price hits a record $4.25

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

So Biden stopped some drilling on some federal land. He denied a pipeline that was moving Canadian oil to be exported from the US. He also approved more drilling applications than trump did. Other than not bending over and handing lube to the saudis what has Biden done to impact gas prices?

18. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Printed a trillion or more new dollars. That's a factor.

He banned importing oil from Russia. That's a factor

The market response to the news is also a factor. If oil supply is going to be restricted then the market prices can reflect demand/supply in the near future. This would actually help people manage their gasoline usage as the supply gets restricted. It sucks but the retailers aren't the bad guy in this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

True, except they (Biden et al) want to ‘force’ not help, people manage usage.

20. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Bubba
    You are joking right?
    You know all the things Biden has done since day one that have increased the cost of oil/gas

• Agree Agree x 2
  21. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

You don't see how that or threatening that along with chatter about climate change and making it a bigger priority in our energy policy could impact the price of oil? And of course, we've got hacks doing this kind of thing all over the Western world. It's why Putin can drag his nuts across Germany's face, and they have to smile about it.

It's a global market. Things that suppress the supply of oil generally impact everybody. And why do this while greenlighting Nord Stream 2? (Yes, I know he is changing course on some of this now, but did he not know Putin was a bad actor a year ago? He sure talked as though he did.)

Well, he didn't mind handing lube to Vladimir Putin to help him become even more powerful in the European energy market. Why not give a little to Saudi Arabia to help supply now? It's better than getting the ten-incher with no lube, which is what we're getting now and and heading for "wrapped in sand paper."

But what else did he do? Well, in the last year, we've adopted probably the most inflationary fiscal policy in history and that followed an already inflationary policy of '20. That's going to boost prices in general.

And again, I'm not putting all blame on Biden. It's not all his fault, but to suggest that he's blameless or that he's doing his best is preposterous.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

To be fair, he forgets what he "knew" just an hour or two ago. It's a dementia thing.

Suggesting Biden is blameless is preposterous. Suggesting that what we are seeing IS the best he and this goofy administration can do is not preposterous at all. It is a recognition if their utter incompetence.

• Agree Agree x 3
  23. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Hot Hot x 1
  24. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Heard a story today that Biden didn’t run in 2016 because Hillary had the Hunter Biden laptop info and would have burned him just like she tried to burn Obama with the birther story.

25. utahorn

utahorn 500+ Posts

I missed this. Link, please? I was lead to believe that the birther story was from Republicans and Trump. I did order Laptop from Hell today. Arrives on the 18th.

26. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Seriously? It was Sydney Blumenthal. Another fake news story to cover up the truth.

27. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

28. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

29. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

mc is correct. No mistaking facts. Hillary tried to sink BO but failed.

30. utahorn

utahorn 500+ Posts

Wow. I try to stay on top of this stuff. I didn't doubt that Hillary tried to sink BO (teenage snickering at "BO") but had not seen the material.