General Presidential Campaign: Trump vs Hillary

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by mchammer, Jun 20, 2016.

1. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

Where in the speech did he respond to an HRC/surrogate attack? I didn't see any counter-attack, only attack.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I read the speech, and everything negative he says about Hillary is probably true. The problem is that he doesn't offer a serious alternative and is in some ways worse.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I'm not sure why you're harping on Romney. Who's suggesting that he emulate Romney? All I'm suggesting is that if he was a serious candidate, he'd be running a serious campaign - have a force of volunteers on the ground in the battleground states, answer Hillary's ad, get out the vote, etc.

4. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

In this regard I agree 100% with Trump: the Romney campaign was a joke. Millions of people sat at home instead of voting for him.

5. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Of course, Palin never said that. It was from a Saturday Night Live sketch.

6. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

"It’s amazing," Kornacki said. "If you take the 2012 electoral map: Obama versus Romney, and kept it the same... If you can flip Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Florida, you’re the next president. For all of the trouble [Trump has] had, you’ve got them dead even in Ohio and Pennsylvania. [Polls showing him down in] Florida is bad news for him."

7. OrngNugz

OrngNugz 500+ Posts

Pretty dam close

8. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

From Little Diomede Island (Alaska), it is very easy to see Big Diomede Island (Russia). The statement is technically 100% true. The implication that Palin had foreign policy experience due to this 100% true fact is clearly absurd.

9. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

You're thinking of "I can see Russia from my house."

10. Seattle Husker

It was a stupid response to a Foreign Policy question which cemented Palin's ignorance in the minds of voters.

11. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Well thank goodness he did not get elected VP
    The real VP has made some pretty stupid gaffes
    As has the POTUS
    As has the presumptive Dem nominee,made when she was SOS

12. Seattle Husker

You can't call them "gaffes" with Palin as that would imply she has the mental capacity for more cogent responses. There is no evidence to support that claim. She sure is "folksy" though.

13. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

I guess it makes some people feel better to focus on a person who ran for VP and LOST instead of facing the realities of the actual POTUS ' lies and foreign policy failures not to mention the failures and lies of the presumptive nominees.
    :whiteflag:

14. Seattle Husker

Did I bring up Palin or simply comment on another's post? Take that BS elsewhere, thanks.

15. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Husker Too funny that you thought it was directed at you. I am sure you are focusing on and are concerned about actual events and foreign policy mistakes by BO and Hillary that I know you know are hurting our country.
    You are welcome.:smokin:

16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

17. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

18. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Damn JF Hillary made sense in that clip. Didn't her followers see that?
    Think that will run every day from Aug on?

19. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

20. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

You did read that he's losing in those battleground states, right? Except in Maine and Nebraska, it's a winner-take-all system. If she beats him by one vote in those states, she carries the state and takes all of its electoral votes. And like I've said before, North Carolina is not supposed to be a battleground state. It's supposed to be a red state. If it is a battleground state, then the GOP candidate is in trouble.

And I knew it would happen eventually. First, it's the Reagan comparisons, and now it's the Brexit comparison. Brexit does not equal Trump.

21. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

You are showing ignorance if you don't think NC isn't a battleground state. NC has many NE liberal transplants, the 9th largest state by GDP, and went for Obama in 2008. Romney won by a few thousand votes in 2012.

For Trump to be Prez, he only needs to win Romney states plus OH, FL, and PA. As stated above, Romney barely won NC and lost VA, CO, NH, WI, and MI.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2016
  22. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I didn't say it isn't a battleground state. I said it isn't supposed to be. It's supposed to be red. It's not lopsidedly red, and a Democrat can win it. However, an average Republican nominee should win it without great effort, and a strong Republican nominee should win it decisively, as Bush did both times. A Republican candidate who loses North Carolina is weak, and if it takes a lot of effort for him to win it, that doesn't bode well.

The problem is that winning all of Romney's states isn't a foregone conclusion. Not only is he losing in North Carolina, he's losing in Arizona. That's 26 electoral votes between the two. If he loses either one or both, he's going to have to make up for them in other states that are generally more hostile to Republicans. And of course, that assumes that he carries Ohio, Florida, and Pennsylvania, even though he's losing in all three.

23. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

This is true, but why focus on the truth when equating trump and brexit gives the media so much material.

24. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Trump is winning NC according to your beloved RCP average. The only thing consistent in your argument is your hatred towards Trump. Also, your view on NC is an outlier compared to political observers. By the way, I am not a trumper. I didn't vote for him, though I will likely do so against Hillary. However I am predicting he is going to win.

25. Seattle Husker

Wasn't it Trump that tried to link his support to the Brexit? The left leaning press seem to be falling over themselves to show that Trump and Brexit are not equivalent.

26. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

^ You are right, Trump did. I would say both Trump and the media are trying to link it. Some in the press are downplaying it, but I saw plenty of articles linking them before Trump tried to make the link himself. I do not think it's a left/right issue as much as an "this gives me an easy article to write" issue from all of the media.

• Like Like x 1
  27. Seattle Husker

It's an easy way to tie the Brexit to an American media consumer.

• Like Like x 1
  28. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

29. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

If you prefer one of these two over the other it is pretty easy to find a lot to complain about the other. I hear it every day. From both sides.

Today my gun dealer lit into me about how great
    Trump is and what a sleaze the Hill is.

I tried to suggest neither is worth getting worked up for and he didn't want me to leave without blowing out all the usual BS about what a sleaze she is (no argument here) and what a potentially great president Trump is (all the hope and change bit) and I kept trying to get out of the store, arguing they both suk big time and I will not foul my vote by casting it for either of them.

He wouldn't hear it. Earlier in the morning at the breakfast club I got an earful about how irresponsible I was for not voting for Hillary or against Trump.

I detest both of them is apparently not a good position in a world where both sides hate the other so much.

• Like Like x 5
  30. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

The latest release on Clinton's emails leaves me with a queasy feeling in my stomach ... kinda like going outside and finding a grocery bag on fire, stomping it out to see it filled with fresh dog and cat feces. Then I think about the alternative ... which would be like stepping on an exploding bag of excrement.