Georgia star CB Deandre Baker reportedly won’t play in Sugar Bowl

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by moondog_LFZ, Dec 27, 2018.

1. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

2. EDT

EDT 1,000+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Wow!

LJH, CJ and Duevernay say thank you and are licking their chops baby, yeah!!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2018
  4. Matagorda

Matagorda 25+ Posts

That will suck for them. Dinner is served.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

I think he made a smart decision . He is clearly looking long term.
    Very wise.:smokin::hookem:

• Funny Funny x 3
  6. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

This is the best part ...

“will force Georgia to pit a pair of freshmen in Eric Stokes and Tyson Campbell against a Texas wide receiver corps that features the 6’6 Collin Johnson and the 6’4 Lil’Jordan Humphrey, which are just 130 yards shy of cementing themselves as the most productive pair in Longhorns history.”

:yippee::bounce2:

• Like Like x 2
    • Hot Hot x 1
  7. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

As I observed on the prediction thread, IMO, this kind of crapola by entitled players is troubling. Obviously the kid doesn’t give a D*** about his team. It’s all about him.

I know, I know... “he could get hurt and cost himself millions of dollars.” Perhaps he should have shut it down before the CC game against Bama.

Do these kids owe the schools anything? Apparently — in this day and age — they don’t. It’s all about the money.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  8. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

I'm disappointed. I wanted to see him match up against our best. I wonder what scouts think of this. Another reason to go to an 8 team playoff. That way the stars don't decide to throw in the towel.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. zuckercanyon

zuckercanyon 2,500+ Posts

He's obviously "skurt" that his draft stock will go down as he gets torched pass after pass.... ;-)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. IvanDiabloHorn

IvanDiabloHorn 1,000+ Posts

Our WRs will be open as they have been all year. Just need the OL protection and accurate passes.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

Skerd

• Hot Hot x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. rick mueller

rick mueller Burnt Orange Bleeder

Deandre: "Damn, those guys are 6'6"?!?! Sh*t, they may make me look bad in front of NFL scouts! I'm making a business decision. Hey coach, I ain't gonna play."

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Hmm, and watching Vandy now they just showed a kid who wasn’t going to play now going into game after his sub got burned a few times. Got a lot more respect for this kid.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Now I wish Fromm would sit it out. Would suit me just fine.

• Like Like x 1
  15. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

After the Jaylin Smith injury you can't really blame these guys. He was lucky he got back to his pre injury self, but it certainly cost him from a top 10 pick to 2nd round. I'm too lazy to look it up, but sure it's more than I'll make in 10 years and I'm well paid. With the playoff system now, bowls are basically to get teams extra practice. We'll be fired up, but a real risk that Georgia just won't give a damn. Their sights were to win the SEC I was always proud of our guys in 08 to win the bowl game. It would have been hard to get up for that game after being screwed out of a game with Florida.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. EDT

EDT 1,000+ Posts

Talk about distraction in Dawg country. The DC is going to CO and taking three of his assistants with him. Their 5 star QB backup is transferring, on top of all this. So now when we beat them they will put an * next to the win.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. zuckercanyon

No excuses

18. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Screw 'em all, I'll take the W.

Years from now few will remember * those details. They will just remember the Horns won:hookem:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. EDT

EDT 1,000+ Posts

I bet there will be a lot more Burnt Orange than bleeding red in the seats.:beertoast:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

Was thinking the same. We now have a decent shot IMO. I still think their o line trucks our front six (better make it 8 Bo) all over the place but we might be able to score a bunch. Could get interesting now if we catch some breaks... And Sam doesn't miss wide open receivers for td's like he did vs ou.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

I have no idea how to post a twitter link, but if someone else does.

Post this little gem from Baker

I think this has more to do with him skipping the bowl game than fear of our receivers.

22. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

I think this has to do with fear of our receivers hurting his draft stock. If he was worried about getting hurt, he would have announced weeks ago like everyone else. He has watched tape on our receivers the past few weeks and decided “I do not want them hurting my draft stock. I’ll claim fear of injury.”

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2018
  23. EDT

EDT 1,000+ Posts

If CJ and LJH got in DB'S head. Imagine how much more they will be in the freshman's heads that will be covering them. Our O line just needs to give Sam some time for the magic to happen.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  24. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Wow, this thread. A little humility please? Y'all act like we won 35 games and a natty the last three years. I'm sure GA is skeered...

This development will be helpful, but if the GA defensive line dominates our offensive line it will not matter. I hope we can run for 150+ and control the clock while having the defense show up with their big boy pants.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  25. rick mueller

rick mueller Burnt Orange Bleeder

On the other hand they may be too young and dumb to think of that. They may just go out there and play their a$$es off. I don't Deandre not playing comes close to making this an easier game for us. I hope it does, but I don't think so.

• Agree Agree x 1
  26. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Baker deserved the Thorpe and probably is the best cover guy in the country. I doubt he was frightened.

• poop poop x 1
  27. zuckercanyon

skurt/skirt/skurred

28. EDT

EDT 1,000+ Posts

Stat, I think Baker took one look at Bevo and said "Give me Bama" :cow:

29. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

As was noted above the Jaylon Smith injury changed the dynamic for good, this will not be considered that unusual in a few years and will happen far more often just as it did last year for several Longhorns who skipped the Texas Bowl. If anything it should motivate the backup to step up.

30. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

Yeah... because these injuries don't ever happen in the regular season... Its a ***** move. Sorry. Theres no Bowl Game injury God.