Germany's Refugee Crises

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Musburger1, Oct 21, 2015.

1. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Mr D
    I haven't read of any incidents in almost a week. Have things calmed down?
    Will Merkel really prevent as many coming in as last year?

2. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

With the media censorship and neglect, there's no way to know if things are calming down. However, in the last week or two, the bigger story has been in Stockholm, where migrants have essentially taken over the main reason station and Swedish nationalist vigilante groups (essentially neo-Nazi thugs) have gone into the station and started randomly beating migrants in part because of what has been going on in the station as well as the murder of a 22 year old chick who was working in migrant children's shelter.

Obviously, I can't condone neo-Nazis attacking innocent people just because they look like migrants. However, I understand their frustration.

3. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

is that in the town that wouldn't allow a memorial to her?

and this surely is sarcasm since it is from Breitbart although I do know the migrants were defecating on floors and in pools. But that must be a joke, that a musim can never have their back to Mecca .Didn't Europe just go completely inisex restrooms?
    http://www.breitbart.com/london/201...toilets-to-stop-migrants-defecating-on-floor/
    "Because everyone knows: Different cultures also mean different scale latrines. For Muslims, it is important that when using a toilet, one’s back does not face Mecca. In addition, latrines for men and women have to separate from each other, and the floor cannot be green in colour, because that is the colour of Islam”, reads their report.

The article describes refugees standing on toilet bowls and breaking them, and some who resort to defecating in bushes.

“German toilets are a mystery to many refugees and this has already led to problems. A new mobile multicultural toilet should remedy this—and along the way teach something about the coexistence of cultures”, declares the article.

In concludes: “And so, as the refugees have brought about many changes in German society solely by their presence… so is it now with the toilet in the future with this pressing issue.

“With some justification, one could say: Here we can even learn something from the refugees.”

4. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

That is actually in Mölndal, where she was killed. They're afraid a memorial would upset the migrants, especially the children. The level of politically correct fear these people live in is astounding. In a way, it's worse than a US college campus.

On this, I am somewhat more sympathetic to the migrants. I'm not a big fan of the toilets here. I've uploaded a picture of my own for reference. As you can see, there's VERY little water in the bowl. Not to be overly graphic, but that means that anytime someone craps in it, it leaves smears all over the bowl. Basically the bowl has to get scrubbed and cleaned with cleanser every time it's used. If you don't, it looks gross and reeks. We go through toilet brushes and toilet bowl cleaner faster than I ever thought was pdiapers for a family of three, one of which uses diapers. In addition, you'll notice there are two buttons on the wall. They flush the toilet. The button on the left uses little water (for urine). If you push both at the same time, you get more flow (obviously for "solid waste"). OK, that's fine, but there's one thing you don't see. Where the hell is the tank? It's in the wall. That means you have to open up the wall if something has to be repaired. Beating.

As you probably know, that device on the right is a bidet, which I still don't quite understand. I've been told that you're supposed to plug the drain, fill it with water, crouch on the bidet, and using your hand, splash your still-dirty *** with that water. Sorry, but I'll not doing that. That's gross. If I don't feel clean enough after the normal wiping process, I'll walk 8 feet and take a shower.

To be clear, I'm not going to protest this by crapping on the street like the migrants, but I'm not a big fan.

IMG_20160208_132821.jpg

5. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Speaking of toilets and migrants, these signs are starting to show up in German bathrooms. It translates as "Toilet brush instructions." The words under the graphics mean "completely wrong," "almost right", and "completely right." Not sure how scrubbing your *** with some nasty, used toilet brush in a public bathroom qualifies as "almost right," but I guess it's a little better than using it on your head.

12665805_10153471088317635_717896523_n.jpg

6. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

So the whole "Poop like a Unicorn" campaign is just a plot to get Westerners to poop like Middle Easterners?

[​IMG]
    My parents were stationed in Morocco for two years (luckily I was grown and didn't have to go). I heard that Moroccan women, clad in those ridiculous outfits, would squat down right in front of you on the street and take a whiz.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
  7. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I went on a date with a girl who did that in a gas station parking lot. She wasn't Moroccan though.

8. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

According to the Japanese Ministry of Justice, Japan received 7,586 refugee applications in 2015

Accepting 27

• Like Like x 1
  9. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

At least The Poles have the cojones to tell it like it is.

One of Poland's most popular magazine has this cover photo and a heading which reads "Islamic Rape of Europe".

[​IMG]

10. BrntOrngStmpeDe

BrntOrngStmpeDe 1,000+ Posts

This...+1
    You can't accept large numbers of foreigners without a clash of civilizations. Immigration is ok in small scale because the expectation is the the 1 new family will adopt the the customs and mannerisms of the 500 families that already live there. When you have large numbers and enclaves of foreigners, they start to coalesce around the idea that they system should accept them and their values the way they are. They get disgruntled about it and feed each others discontent and animosity. that's how you get "home grown" terrorism.

We need to go back to Iraq and cut out a slice and make a "hong kong of the middle east" and then make it the migration destination for all these folks. We can send aid in that direction and keep this out of our country and Europe.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
  11. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Here's an example of media bias in Germany when it comes to the refugee story. (DW stands for Deutsche Welle, which is a big media outlet here and pretty liberal from what I can tell.) It spins the crime levels attributable to the refugees as a positive thing, because the increase in the past year is much smaller than the increase in the number of refugees, but it omits two critical facts.

First, it doesn't offer any sense of proportionality. Germany has admitted around 1 million refugees, who have committed over 200,000 crimes. That's a hell of lot for 1 million people. Second, we're not really even talking about 1 million, because they're leaving out Hamburg, Bremen, and North-Rhine Westphalia (which includes Essen, Dortmund, Köln, and Düsseldorf). That's huge. For perspective, they're leaving out six of the ten largest cities in Germany.

In short, the crime rates for the refugees is sky high, despite the spin.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

it only takes on dude standing up to ruin an otherwise perfect photo op

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Merkel gets curb stomped. Link.

14. BevoBeef

BevoBeef 250+ Posts

Sorry for the ignorance, but I do not really follow German politics. More interested in Germany-US foreign relations. Evidently the AfD (Alternative for Germany) is a party with an anti-immigrant platform and is sucking votes from Merkel. Is that a relatively new party there, and is its main platform objective the recent immigrants? Or is that part of a bigger picture? Cannot really tell from this article. Thanks for the link.

15. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

Yeah, I'd be curious if AfD's platform is centered on nationalism.

16. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

can someone be concerned about the many many negative effects already playing out in Germany without being considered a "nationalist"?

• Like Like x 1
  17. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Bevo and SH,

Alternative für Deutschland (AfD) is relatively new (last five or six years). I first heard about them back in 2013 during the federal elections. Their big unifying issue back then was Euroscepticism - hostility to the EU, a gradual withdrawal from the Eurozone (dropping the Euro and presumably bringing back the Deutsche Mark), and opposition to the Greek bailouts. I don't remember immigration being a big issue for them at the time, but of course, the migrant crisis hadn't occurred yet. They seem to run single issue campaigns, but if you look at their website (use Google Chrome unless you know German), they do have positions on most major issues.

What I think is noteworthy about AfD is that they offer people who are at least somewhat nationalistic a political party that isn't nutty. All the other major political parties (the center-right Christian Democrats, the center-left Social Democrats, the economic libertarian Free Democrats, the Greens, and Die Linke (the successor to the former East German communists)) are pro-European integration, pro-Euro, and generally favorable to admitting migrants.

The other nationalist party is the National Democratic Party (NPD), which walks on the line of neo-Nazism. Like AfD, they are anti-EU, anti-Euro, and anti-migrant. However, they are far more extreme, use inflammatory rhetoric, and are overtly "Nordic" (a nice way of saying Aryan) - lots of cute, blonde haired, blue eyed girls in their ads. They also advocate withdrawal from NATO and hint at an aggressive foreign policy. For example, they once displayed a map of Germany that included Austria and the former eastern territories of Germany, which are now part of Poland and Russia. Not good.

AfD is far more pragmatic than the NPD on the EU, Euro, and the migrant issue, far less inflammatory in their rhetoric, and doesn't include the racism, picking fights with the rest of Europe, and hinting about bringing back the Anschluß and invading Poland. Basically, if you aren't ashamed to be a German but aren't a neo-Nazi, the AfD is for you.

18. Seattle Husker

Thanks for the detailed overview of AfD. How is AfD's rise being perceived in the German press? As a country, Germany has worked hard to hold down nationalist elements of their country due to their history. It's good that a moderate party with a nationalist platform is emerging. I'd be interested to now if that "moderate" stance holds over the longterm.

19. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

The press labels them "hard-right." The German press is very hostile to anyone who opposes Merkel's invitation for migrants to move to Germany.

I think it depends on how the situation turns out. If Merkel gets things under control, most of AfD's voters will probably go back to the CDU (Merkel's party). However, if we keep having bedlam, they'll probably take a more aggressive stance. They've strongly distanced themselves from the NPD, and I doubt they'll ever get that extreme or invoke racial and ethnic crap like NPD does. However, every time people see a chaotic situation on the borders or see migrants attacking the local population, it invites AfD and other more nationalistic groups to become more aggressive.

20. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  21. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Yeah, that was a dumb *** thing to say, and I'm sure he regretted it the second it came out of his mouth. To be fair, Poggenburg isn't the national leader of AfD. He's the party chairman in Saxony-Anhalt. The leader is actually a chick named Frauke Petry. She's more disciplined in her rhetoric, though she did stir up controversy by saying people who enter Germany illegally should be stopped with guns if necessary.

For those who care, Petry is a bit of a "decepticon." She can be attractive at times but depending on the angle and lighting she can be ugly as sin.

22. Seattle Husker

I had to google Frauke. She does appear attractive. For me, that German accent would be an instant turnoff.

23. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

She looks pretty weird at times, but if I was single and it had been a while, might I go there? Probably. I wouldn't stay there, but I might go there.

I think Julia Klöckner, who ran for Minister-President of Rheinland-Pfalz (where I live) is better looking. Link. Though it's not apparent from this photo, she has a reasonably nice set.

Yes. It's the least attractive European accent. For an illustration . . .

24. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

For those with no time to Google, this is what Deez is talking about[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  25. Seattle Husker

Forgive me my Cactus café moment but I'd hit that in hopes she doesn't talk.

26. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

Julia Klöckner is more my type. And with the culture in Europe, I'm in hopes we could converse in Spanish, French or English.

• Like Like x 1
  27. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Which team does she play for?

28. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I could make an extremely lewd comment that would be right on point, but I'm going to abstain. I'll be a bigger man than Donald Trump would be.

If you're a leg man, Frauke probably isn't bad, but I already have legs. In fact, I've been told that I have very nice legs for a guy. I don't see much reason for me to be a leg man. Where I lack is in bosom department, so Klöckner appeals to me more. She also doesn't look as severe and harsh.

29. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Not sure what you mean by team, so I'll answer for both possible interpretations. Petry is the leader of the AfD Party. Klöckner was at the top of the ticket for the Christian Democratic Union (the center right party) in my state. She lost.

Both women are straight.

30. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Well this thread took an odd turn...

• Like Like x 1