"Get ready to get humbled"

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Badass, Dec 16, 2016.

1. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  2. duff_man

duff_man 250+ Posts

3. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Herman expects to win now. :hookem:

• Like Like x 1
  4. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Strong always seemed like he was "Papa Charlie" to the players.

Herman appears to be more of a "Herr Kommandant" type.

• Like Like x 2
  5. puckhead

puckhead 100+ Posts

If you ain't first, you're last.

Coach Ricky Bobby

• Like Like x 4
  6. hornsfan1026

hornsfan1026 25+ Posts

Whatever *** he has to kick, to get UT off the loser mentality of the last three years, is going to be welcomed by both fans and players alike. Continuing to do the same (wrong) things over and over and expecting different outcomes . . . you know the rest.

Texas has EVERY advantage, except mindset, to be among the top five nationally every year. It sounds like Herman will be changing the mindset very shortly.

Hook you, Herman.

• Like Like x 3
  7. hornsfan1026

hornsfan1026 25+ Posts

The OP writes: "Get Ready To Be Humbled".

After the last three years, I would think we are about as "humbled" as we would ever want to be.

There's very little really wrong with this team that a good strong dose of "coaching up" wouldn't cure.

Br'er Herman just needs to kick some butt and take some names. I get the idea that he knows how to do it.

Hook you

8. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

This! The only thing worse than losing is a breakfast of burnt bisquits and watery eggs! lol

9. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

Agreed! Refreshing approach!

• Like Like x 1
  10. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

This Herman guy is not going to last long. Where are the excuses? Where is the repetition of "we have to get better"? No wonder UH lost to Navy and SMU. He needs to be enrolled in the Bill Powers School of Excuses before spring practice starts.

:clap:

11. HornSwoggler

HornSwoggler Horn Fan

To me, this sounds much like what I heard when CS came in. Looking back, I think the difference is the organization skills TH brings plus his staff seems more familiar with and committed to TH's program. Assuming the UH D Coordinator Orlando comes along, much of TH's staff will be intact. I feel TH will force his staff (from UH and elsewhere) to be aligned just as his players will be expected to be. I don't think there will be any confusion of what TH wants and how he expects things to get done. I hope I am right.

Hook'em TH and staff.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

I dunno HS, it sounds much different to me! in a good way :trophy: :beertoast:

• Like Like x 2
  13. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Yeah, I think CS said some similar things but this seems different.

But, the jury is out....

I sense with TH there will be less buddy - buddy, better position coaching, more accountability and some serious *** chewing that has been lacking from this program for a while.

How much of a culture change to winning???

Last edited: Dec 17, 2016
  14. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Worster,

Are the players not going to be required to go to hand clapping class?

• Like Like x 1
  15. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

My excitement is tempered only by the lack, thus far, of a few "never saw that one coming" stud recruit or two. Was hoping he would bring a new fire to recruiting and not just to us fans. Might still happen I suppose.

16. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

And humiliated. Hope those days are over.

• Like Like x 1