Get Well, Jose Pena!

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests' started by Orangeblood, Jun 25, 2001.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dear Jose: We have never met but we are Longhorn friends forever! I will pray for you and your family and hope that you will recover soon.

YOUR LONGHORN FRIEND

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Although I never met you, I know from reading the other posts that UT doesn't have near enough fans like you.

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

HOOKEM!!!!

3. Ruzenjka

Ruzenjka < 25 Posts

Hey,Kid, I am coming to back to Dallas to hassle you and that Nurse Rachett! I am so proud of you!! You are fighting and doing a fine job. Keep up the good work! I will keep praying and loving you; you keep fighting in the Longhorn spirit. I will bore you with more of our many UT football encounters! Always dump your holding tanks in Fayetteville or College Station! That was so funny.I got in touch with Suzy Price after all these years. She is coming to see you also. Hey that has been 28 years!! Rick was 10 years old. That reminds me-why are you getting those gray streaks in your hair and moustache. I knew Grecian formula was at work. You dog. Jon and Mom send their love. I will see you tomorrow thru Sunday. I also found Bobby who came to see you Monday. Hang in, Buddy. I love you always. You are my friend for all these years and many more to come. We have lots of football!!!! Who will stir those drinks? I love you, Jose-now and forever. Ruzenjka OU still Sucks! Hook "Em

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Jose -- didn't even know I knew you so far back when I was an undergrad too -- just remember Gusball and time with you and Greg and Kelley before they were the Perrins and after ..anyway, grace and peace and love to you, Janey Burruss, BBA UT '73 -- and many more

5. axxemm

axxemm < 25 Posts

Jose,

Okay it's time to get your *** in better health immediately!
    I know that my favorite Mexican is a fighter that never gives up...You're in my thoughts and prayers each and every day..Although this deeply saddens me, I know that you want everyone to be upbeat and positive!

I will never forget that '89 A&M football game in college station...Remember disposing of ourselves at Olsen Field 2-hours before the game, then we released our sorrows with Dixie-Momma after the defeat on the way back to Austin!!

It won't be long until until we get to display our HORNS!!

Get Well SOON,
    shawn clynch (LUFKIN)

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hello there Jose,

I was so sorry to hear from Kelley (Em's Mom) that you were terribly ill. Since the news, I have kept you in my thoughts and prayers. I pray for a speedy recovery for you and the strength provided by God to help fight off this terrible illness.

You have always been a tremendous inspiration to me when I attend UT events with Kelley and Greg because you are always positive and upbeat, never a care in the world. I've also read some of the postings on your e-mail site and each one also captures the love and devotion your friends have for you. It clearly speaks about how much you are adored and how you have touched each individual or fans life.

Wishing you all the best, Jose.

Alyson

I hope that

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Jose, I am so sorry to hear that you are ill. All my prayers and thoughts are with you right now. You better get well soon!! I already miss hearing you yell "T-e-e-e" to me at Disch-Falk Field!!! "T"

8. edbrandtUT83

edbrandtUT83 Guest

Jose,

You know that we are all pulling for you buddy! Please get well soon! When we visited you this weekend, we tried to sneak in a tape of the Longhorn Band, but they busted us. Just remember that "The eyes of Texas are upon You" Jose. And the hearts of all Longhorn Fans everywhere are with you. We love you Jose! from your cousin "Chata" (Gloria) and Ed. Hurry up and Get well, cuz the Horns are gonna roll this year!

9. OrangeBull

OrangeBull 100+ Posts

Just a short update on the Jose.

Slipped off for a quick visit to Jose about 2:45PM today. He was still sedated and resting comfortably.

The nurse thinks they are going to do the tracheostomy in the morning. The "starter kit" was laying on the cabinet and Rick and I were wondering if we should go ahead and do the procedure-probably not. It should take about 20 minutes and, after the procedure, they will take him off the sedative. He should began to be awake more tomorrow afternoon.

While we were there, he had a workout with the PT. He didn't know it, but he had a workout. He looked pretty good today, not as puffed up as he was the last few days. They lowered the % of oxygen they are giving him to 40%. Heart rate 93.

Keep on prayin' and your rally hats on! It's all working.

10. OrangeBull

OrangeBull 100+ Posts

All of us who are friends and fans of Jose should take a minute to tip our rally caps to Rick Pena, Jose’s brother. He has been there for Jose from the start of all this and has always kept a smile and positive attitude (except for one day). He is constantly at the hospital talking to Jose and bringing him through this.

A tip of the cap to Rick, you da man.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We, the Austin crew, second the motion about Rick. Thanks Rick, and when this is all over and Jose in back in Section 2 again, the treat will be on us, we owe you big time. Hang in there, and hopefully some of us will be up next weekend.
    austinutex@hotmail.com

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is yo ole LSU buddy Frank.

Sorry to hear bout your illness. We all are praying for you. Know you will make it in time for football and next year's baseball season when the Tigers and Horns meet up at Rose. statium. Missed everyone this year as I could not go to many games.

Anyway, keep on fighten little guy as you reflect what it's all about being a true college sports fan.

May the Lord shine his face on your and your family,

Frank

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I knew the first time I met you through Sheryl, I would knew never forget you. You have been in my thoughts and prayers everyday. I know you will be back to your crazy self soon! Please make sure I get invited to the "Out of the Hospital Party" xxoo, Denise Fogle

14. ENlightened

ENlightened Guest

This is from MsEnlightened (Jeanette) Jose, in the 10 or so years I've known you--mainly at the Disch--you have been such an inspiration to Longhorns everywhere. God Bless You and your family and we'll see you in September.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Get well soon Jose. We need you on those road trips.

16. Dex

Dex 25+ Posts

The Dallas lunch bunch needs you back, Jose.

Better get well. We're going to kick the sooner's asses this year!

17. Bevoette

Bevoette 1,000+ Posts

My prayers are with you and your family. Ihave seen you at many games. Get well and God Bless.
    Forever Hookin' Em
    Bevoette

Hook'em Horns

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Jose, your sportsmanship, spirit, and loyalty to orangebloods are good examples for us all.
    Praying for your recovery in Lubbock,
    Brooks Loveless

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Jose,
    Hey buddy, get well soon! My prayers are with you! I know you remember me from all the social functions you attended with Sheryl Cagle. I was there too. Get your spirits and health back to shape SOON so we can party some more. elsa wabakken

[http://www.hornfans.com/wwwthreads/images/tongue.gif[/IMG]

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Jose's brother, Rick, here. It's been a long race, guys and gals. And we've got a long road ahead--maybe to Pasadena? The docs finally are saying he's got the pneumonia on the run! Keep praying, affirming, or channeling! It's working. God bless all of you for your love and support. Jose is blessed in many ways and still has a long way to go.
    Hook 'Em Horns!

21. Em's Mom

Em's Mom < 25 Posts

Hey Jose,

There's no road too long and no race too far...keep up the fight. You've got that pneumonia running scared like some of us used to do when you had too many toddies...BUT I digress! TARGET=_blank>The Link
    We love you, Jose. Keep those Horns up and see you soon!
    Kelley

22. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dear Jose,
    Wow, I just found out that you've been sick. What's going on my friend? We watched the college World Series and wondered if you and the Wild Bunch were there. Robbie says you go every year. Obviously, you didn't go this year. I am in the hill country visiting my mom for the fourth of July. When I get back to Dallas, I will certainly come to visit you. Get well soon and you are in the Shelby's prayers. Hook em Horns, Karla Shelby Cheerleader - '70 - '71

23. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dear Jose,
    Wow, I just found out that you've been sick. What's going on my friend? We watched the college World Series and wondered if you and the Wild Bunch were there. Robbie says you go every year. Obviously, you didn't go this year. I am in the hill country visiting my mom for the fourth of July. When I get back to Dallas, I will certainly come to visit you. Get well soon and you are in the Shelby's prayers. Hook em Horns, Karla Shelby Cheerleader - '70 - '71

24. SSeattleSSteer

SSeattleSSteer First Time Poster

Hey Carla,
    I tried to get in touch with you to tell you about Jose. That was last week some time. Hope you are well. Please get in touch. Ken McLeland

25. Em's Mom

Em's Mom < 25 Posts

Jose,
    Just remember -- even when the race is long and exhausting, and maybe even unfair -- you never run it alone. God is with you every step of the way...keep running, Jose!
    We'll see you Saturday! Love ya Buddy.
    Kelley

26. OrangeBull

OrangeBull 100+ Posts

I just talked with Rick Pena and Jose's condition has become very serious this morning. His lungs are beginning to collaspe. I guess his body can't fight much longer. I am going over to the hospital in a little while. Will update as soon as I know something.

Please pray for Jose.

Bill Goodwin

27. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Jose,

You are one of my dearest friends. I will never forget meeting "a horny mexican" when I was 4 years old. We became good friends sitting in section 2 and of course you remember me having a little too much fun on Kyle Field. Erin, Scott, and I hold you true to our hearts. Even though we are third generation longhorns you are the true longhorn in every since of the word. From the stories my Dad and Mom have told me to fasting till Good Friday at the Disch you have had the spirit I wish everyone lived with. I wish you and your family well. I wish everyone had your generosity and kindness in their hearts. The Shelby family holds you close to our heart and prayers. Get well soon and remember that God will always be with you.

Your friends
    Rob Shelby Class of 2000
    Scott Shelby Class of 2002
    Erin Shelby Class of 2004

28. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bill
    You're a true friend in the big circle of friends of Jose. Keep us updated.

Mark D. in Arlington

29. Denmark

Denmark 500+ Posts

Ditto to Bill...Thanks for the updates, and thanks for being there for me too!!! Mom and Dad say thanks for the updates too!(you met them at State fair ´99).

Come on José, you can't do this to us now, wait til you're 80 something!!! You were #1 in your class, so 1% is still something to hold on to.

Luv ya Blake and the girls

#1 Texas fan in Denmark

30. Shelby

Shelby First Time Poster

What can you say about the ultimate Longhorn fan? I grew up going to Longhorn Football games with my family. My mom (an ex cheerleader with Jose) introduced us to Jose early on at the Alumni center. I will never forget the hat and OU sucks t-shirt. I never truly appreciated Jose's love for the Longhorns until this year when I was finally a freshman at UT. I loved going to football and baseball games and seeing jose and getting a big hug and smile. I am praying that I will see that happy face, waving the big Texas flag this season as the horns enter the stadium.

Hook em horns,
    Erin Shelby class of 2004