“Getting Bin Laden”

Discussion in 'Quackenbush's' started by wewokahorn, Aug 2, 2011.

1. wewokahorn

wewokahorn 250+ Posts

More details from The New Yorker Link

2. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

I started reading this Monday and haven’t finished it yet, but so far a very good and interesting read.

[​IMG]

3. Lone Star

Lone Star 500+ Posts

Great read. Especially proud of the interoperability between the CIA and Military. Well done.

One think I loved about the raid versus a smart bomb was that UBL knew the end was at hand. He heard the helicopters, listen to the commotion coming up the stairs, saw the Navy man in the room.

Almost 20 years of chasing him around and it all came to an end in his bedroom.

And go get that doctor and get him out of Pakistan.

4. Longhorny630

Longhorny630 1,000+ Posts

You know, usually when political leaders get involved in military affairs, it ends badly. I'd say Obama did a hell of a job on this one, even keeping normal appearance by taking a golf outing the morning of the raid.

I can't wait for the movie, and probably video game.

5. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Veracity of this story has been called into question. Apparently the author claims access he likely didn’t have. Hm.

6. Lone Star

Lone Star 500+ Posts

In the interview I heard with Nicholas Schmidle, he freely admitted that he had not talked with the Seals directly. He did state that he talked to many well-placed sources and the story was verified by his editors.
    The Link

7. AustinBat

AustinBat 2,500+ Posts

Guess what - the movie will be out during the fall of 2012 - coincidence?? I think not. [​IMG]