Getting in with a student ticket

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by texaszete, Sep 13, 2009.

1. texaszete

texaszete 100+ Posts

Anyone know what the current policies are with respect to getting into the stadium with a student ticket? I'm flying into town for the Tech game and still have my id from 5 years ago.

I saw posts on CL saying that they can transfer it into my name, is it that easy or do they actually check to make sure that it's transferred to a name that's an enrolled student?

Thanks!

2. Benson32

Benson32 1,000+ Posts

You're not a current student, they cannot transfer it to your name.

You will need an LASP ticket printed on ticketstock in order to use your ID.

3. GHoward

GHoward 2,500+ Posts

I don't think the ID has changed in 5 years, so you'll have to hope the guy scanning the ticket doesn't try to match up the names.

4. texascoder

texascoder 1,000+ Posts

Or change the PDF file with Acrobat to have your name, then print it out... I think this is what my son does (he graduated in May).

5. Lincoln

Lincoln 100+ Posts

I'm pretty sure you can have whoever you're buying the ticket from go to Belmont and give them an LASP cardstock ticket that does't have a name on it. Then all you would need is to show the ticket takers that you have an ID since the ticket wont have a name on it, just that it's "LASP".

6. badandi

badandi 100+ Posts

7. Puffer

Puffer 250+ Posts

i'm a part-time grad student with no LASP, but do have a UT ID card - can i get into the KU game with a student ticket - or do i need to have a LASP?

8. ChemHORN

ChemHORN 100+ Posts

As the above poster said if you can get a hard ticket that says LASP on you can get in with your ID. If you get a print at home ticket you won't be able to because they check to make sure the names match. All faculty Staff LASP tickets are hard tickets and I believe that the LASP holder can go to the box office and have a hard ticket printed if they want one.