Getting to/from DKR

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by Ajo Macho, Aug 20, 2017.

1. Ajo Macho

Ajo Macho 500+ Posts

My old man and I are going to the Maryland game, my first since I was a student (Colt era), and back then, I simply walked.

What's the best way(s) to get to/from DKR? Don't know where I'm staying yet; that might depend on what I find out here. Parking, buses, any info is helpful.

2. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

If you're not into finding street parking (if you were a student circa 2006-09, it started to dry up around then), then I'd recommend the shuttle buses from around the Austin area.

Longhorns Express
    • Cost for the Longhorns Express is $10 per person per game or $50 for a season pass; children 12 and under may ride for free.
    • Tickets may be purchased in advance online via the Longhorns Express website at www.cvent.com/d/rcqhl9.
    • Longhorns Express picks up fans at two locations:
      • Barton Creek Mall (2901 S. Capital of Texas Hwy): The Barton Creek Mall route drops off and picks up at the corner of University Ave. and 21st St.
      • Intramural Fields (51st St. and Guadalupe): The route drops off and picks up at the corner of Dean Keeton and San Jacinto.
      • Both shuttles begin service 2 1/2 hours prior to kickoff. Transportation to DKR-Texas Memorial Stadium stops after kickoff. Shuttles begin returning passengers to the remote lots at the beginning of the fourth quarter. The last shuttle departs the stadium one hour after the game ends.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Pogo

Pogo 250+ Posts

• Like Like x 2