GG Resigns

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by AustinBat, Mar 19, 2012.

1. AustinBat

AustinBat 2,500+ Posts

Heard on 104.7 per American Statesman.

2. 05Longhorn

05Longhorn 250+ Posts

I must say I'm shocked! I wonder if we still get Imani Stafford out of CA?

3. TempestHorn

TempestHorn 500+ Posts

4. justawbbfan

justawbbfan 25+ Posts

Had several days to digest this news and read everyone's take on it. I liked the GG hire and thought she would do great things in Austin but it was not to be for probably more reasons than we will ever know. I was impressed with her classy resignation and the way she handled herself at the press conference. But, I must say, I was disappointed that the team members (save one) were conspicuously absent when she made the announcement. Perhaps she told them not to attend but I would think they would want to support her at that time. After all, they were her recruits and wanted to play for her at one time. I just find their actions strange and I feel sad for GG,

5. Seattle4UT

Seattle4UT 1,000+ Posts

It's about time someone on this board brought that point that Bass was the only player present. Tech fans said our players were classless.

6. utfannforlife

utfannforlife 1,000+ Posts

I would disagree about our players being classless, because I've been to 3 different HS in my coaching career and at the end of each stop my kids were actaully so upset that I was leaving that they wouldnt talk to me for weeks. So I understand what they kids may have been thinking, because you have to realize that more often than not players and coaches have a very unique and strong bond. They spend 7months a year together EVERYDAY. So finding out that you're losing that major DAILY presence is often very hard to deal with.

7. outlookdude

outlookdude 250+ Posts

The players were together and met with Coach just before the press conference and that was the first they knew about what was happening. Under those circumstances I don’t think it would have been appropriate to then immediately parade them in front of the media.

Interestingly though, while I don’t follow them, I was shown some player tweets after the announcement in which some of them expressed some concern that posters on Internet message boards were classless and had no clue what they were talking about.

I didn’t see that they named anyone in particular. Maybe they were talking about me.

8. txex86

txex86 100+ Posts

9. Seattle4UT

Seattle4UT 1,000+ Posts

Still don't know why Jody hasn't commented on the situation.

10. TigerPride

TigerPride 1,000+ Posts

She just bolted on a million dollars? Wow...........You would have to have drug me out of the office kicking and screaming.

11. horntooter

horntooter 25+ Posts

Since she resigned, Jody has been very clear about boundaries and has kept to a behind-the-scenes role. I would be more surprised if she were to suddenly chime in with her observations after 5 years of no public comments.

12. BBV_Horn

BBV_Horn 1,000+ Posts

13. Seattle4UT

Seattle4UT 1,000+ Posts

Unless you were there that is contrary to what I've read. But you were one who thought Coach G was the saviour of Texas basketball... fantasy and reality are distinctly different.

Seattle [​IMG]

14. outlookdude

outlookdude 250+ Posts

15. Seattle4UT

Seattle4UT 1,000+ Posts

16. outlookdude

outlookdude 250+ Posts

You never cease to amaze me. Every time I actually take the time to read something that you post you have surpassed yourself yet again. We all know that you have no clue what you are talking about, that you have exceptionally poor reasoning skills, little to no common sense, and that even as a troll you underachieve. Yet, undaunted you continue to fight and prove yourself over and over, continually rising to higher levels of absurdity. My hat is off to you. Your single-minded pursuit of ignorance and denial is actually pretty darn impressive.

OH……I see you edited the post. That is classic. It would be classy if she spoke publicly, but not if she didn’t agree with you. That made me LOL. I seriously almost ROTF.

17. Seattle4UT

Seattle4UT 1,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

No I do know what I'm talking about. You continue to post things that support Goestenkors as your blindly smitten for that Coach for whatever reason.

Takes a troll to know one. And I believe that 100%. [​IMG]

I'm accomplished and do not need internet fodder to bring me down. I wasn't asking for Conradt's agreement with me. That is where your fantasies reflect your desperate attempt to character assassinate me.

And I am in the right and goestenkors resignation proved it. She was overrated, over her head and overpaid for what she delivered to Texas.

SEATTLE

18. outlookdude

outlookdude 250+ Posts

[​IMG]

I REJECT your entire post.

[​IMG]

19. Seattle4UT

Seattle4UT 1,000+ Posts

20. outlookdude

outlookdude 250+ Posts

Uh huh. That is exactly what happened.

[​IMG]

21. Seattle4UT

Seattle4UT 1,000+ Posts

YOU LOST I WON!!!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

22. True2Horns

True2Horns 250+ Posts

Seattle must have a hard time typing on a grown-up keyboard with those little toddler fingers!

23. Seattle4UT

Seattle4UT 1,000+ Posts

Mind your own business. you can attack my ideas and if you are just going to attack me personally, you're no match and you know it.

[​IMG]

24. loyallonghorn

loyallonghorn 500+ Posts

• Like Like x 2