Gilbert Out for Season

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Rayug, Sep 20, 2011.

1. Rayug

Rayug 100+ Posts

Kinda came from left field, but he had surgery on his throwing shoulder.

MB Gilbert

2. UTEng

UTEng 100+ Posts

Wow, they kept this behind closed doors. I had no suspicion that anything was wrong.

Get well soon, GG!

[​IMG]

3. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

Where are the boo bird bitchasses on this one? Asshats.

4. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Maybe it was a foregone conclusion anyway, but this team is now officially McCoy’s and Ash’s to lead.

Best wishes to GG.

5. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

That definitely is a surpise. Best of wishes on the rehab!!

6. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

7. HornSwoggler

HornSwoggler Horn Fan

Maybe the shoulder caused some of the suprisingly off-target throws we saw in the BYU game. I hope GG has a successful surgery and comes back to compete next year.

8. UTExinPDX

UTExinPDX 1,000+ Posts

Best of luck in the rehab Garrett. [​IMG]

9. darius

darius 500+ Posts

I'm guessing he played too much this season for a med red?

10. dillohorn

dillohorn Guest

Get well soon GG. Our qb depth has gone from 4 to 2. Wood transfers and now this.

11. Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer 1,000+ Posts

12. gdu

gdu 1,000+ Posts

I hope he has a quick and full recovery

13. Alex_de_Large

Alex_de_Large 1,000+ Posts

If you don't like getting boo'd, don't suck.

14. Chest Rockwell

Chest Rockwell 1,000+ Posts

As difficult as it has been for Gilbert to not live up to the hype, really struggle on the field, then hear the boos - I tip my cap for the way the guy has handled himself thru the demotion. It would be real easy for him to pout and become a cancer for the team, but he looks like he's taken the opposite approach and been a positive teammate.

I hope he makes a complete recovery. I'm not 100% sure there won't be a day in the future when Gilbert is called upon to get back on the field.

15. TXpride

TXpride 250+ Posts

Got to wonder if this changes Harsin's approach to how much we use Ash now. Do we see as much of Ash now since we no longer have a 3rd QB to fall back on if McCoy or Ash go down?

16. RomaVicta

RomaVicta 5,000+ Posts

Best wishes to Garret Gilbert on the surgery and recovery. Seems like a really great young man.

[​IMG]

And can we leave the rancor for other threads?

17. utguy444

utguy444 25+ Posts

That's OK, if we're down to 2 QBs, we have 8 guys who can run the wildcat formation :) Heck, Jaxon probably could QB if we needed him. At least with the GG surgery, he doesn't have to feel too bad about losing his starting roll, and the debate is dead and gone now. That should be a relief for all.

18. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

In reply to:

19. Chest Rockwell

Good question on who would be considered 3rd team QB. Mykkele Thompson? The roster lists John Paul Floyd as a member of the scout team. Bottom line is we are seriously F'd if it comes down to that.

20. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

Is it too much just to say "which him luck he is a great kid" without bashing him in the same breath?

I wish some of our fans could just get over their vindictiveness towards the kid.

21. georgecostanza

georgecostanza NBHorn7’s Protégé

5 INT's against K-State mean nothing for this season. He finally went through an off-season with an OC that didn't screw him over.

22. It Hurts

It Hurts 100+ Posts

Regardless of how he played this year or last we should respect the fact that he did his best. We should also be respectfull enough not to drag him through the mud after having surgery. If you need to point your anger at someone point it at Mac Brown, that's what he gets paid for.

23. Longtex

Longtex 100+ Posts

24. 1963_Frosh

1963_Frosh 250+ Posts

25. freyguy

freyguy 250+ Posts

I don't believe in coincidences. We'll never know when he truly got hurt, we'll never know. It really doesn't matter now anyway. But I bet he xfers.

26. TEASIP84

TEASIP84 500+ Posts

27. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

28. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

Best wishes for a complete and swift recovery! [​IMG]

HHD [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

29. Chest Rockwell

30. bishophorn

bishophorn 500+ Posts

I hereby bestow the loudest boobird bitchass to be our new third string QB, and if you do not perform, we will kick your *** and boo you out of town. Best wishes to Gilbert on his recovery. I think a bunch of fans got used to how immune to hard hits both Simms and Vince were and even Colt was injury free except for the K State and Bama shoulder blows. Wonder if Connor is having second thoughts now?