Girls' Youth Nat'l Vball Team

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by 10SNE1?, Jul 24, 2011.

1. 10SNE1?

10SNE1? 500+ Posts

FYI....
    I know that there's another thread for the Junior Nat'l team but the GYNT should merit its own thread.

According to this website:The Link

Future Longhorns: Nicole Dalton, Chloe Collins, and Mallory McCage are on the roster but I thought I read somewhere that Chloe was an alternate. Hmmmm

By the time 2013 rolls around, that would make 6 players on the roster that would've had Nat'l team experience!

Does anybody know where Mylan Eugene is headed? She made the roster and is currently a club teammate of Chloe.

2. TooMuch370

TooMuch370 < 25 Posts

Chloe is indeed an alternate. That is the 19 player preliminary roster which includes the alternates.

Regarding Mylan Eugene: I think Elliot has a great chance to snag her up. I believe she goes to Cy Falls highschool, where Jen Doris graduated, so that could play a part. Also i've read numerous times where Mylan and Chloe constantly reffer to each other as practically sisters, so she could follow chloe to Texas.

I can see her coming here, However I can also see her wanting to go somewhere else.

But I really hope she doesn't!!! She would be a great get for Elliot.

3. TooMuch370

TooMuch370 < 25 Posts

well... i guess Chloe is not an alternate anymore. according to usav, Alexis Austin is injured and is not going to travel with the team. so they decided to bring Chloe instead.

Its interesting that they decided to bring another setter on the team. i think that makes it four now. Nicole Dalton is listed as a OPP, however she can set as well. although i did notice that Chloe was listed as a ds/s, so i guess she is intended to be used as a ds rather than a setter.

its exciting that so many current and future players are getting national team experience!!!

4. 10SNE1?

10SNE1? 500+ Posts

I'm hoping these matches will stream live.