Go Nutria!!!

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by mb227, Sep 25, 2019.

1. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

2. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Trust me no one should wish these vermin on any state, ok well maybe Calif.
    Whoever that Cajun was who thought we could raise and sell these animals' fur should be shot.
    I wish I could send all the nutria destroying our pond area to Calif.

3. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Hence my point...commiefornia can have them. Let the left see if they can somehow legislate them out of existence. In the meantime, if they are distracted by a different cheeto-colored critter, maybe they quit trying to screw up the rest of the country...

4. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

yea
    I agree with that. I wish I could send the ones near me to calif.
    maybe put them in a Uhaul going back to Ca after they dump some more libs in our beautiful state

5. ShAArk92

ShAArk92 1,000+ Posts

there is the idea of dumping a bunch of Johnson Grass seed and fire ants over there.
    :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Thank your federal government. who planted the kudzu to help water fowl. When that crap started taking over the swamp, some mental midget decided to import the rats to eat the green crap, without learning that nutria multiply faster than rabbits.

In 1957 (??), Hurricane Audrey developed over night and hit Cameron, La, leaving only the courthouse standing, The fleeing rats moved inland and across the Sabine.

There used to be a bounty on them, so we would take small boats up in the marshes on Saturday morning to shoot them (I preferred a pistol), collect the bounty, and have cash for a date.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Nutria-financed romance. Only Sabre could come up with that.

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

Shouldn't these rodents be classified as illegal aliens and protected?

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Our neighborhood in north Dallas paid thousands to a company to rid us of the nutria who had eaten a lot of our pond area.
    We were not allowed to shoot them and haul them off or make fur coats. My dog did kill one. I was SO proud.
    They are nasty creatures.

10. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

I once hit a nutria with a golf ball. I was teeing off at the old Kelly AFB golf course. It was lying by a water hazard about 30-40 yards away. I hit a worm burner which would have gotten wet but, thanks to the nutria, stayed up. It scrambled into the water, seemingly none the worse for wear.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

See...they DO serve a purpose.

• Funny Funny x 3