Going to Knoxville for a few days

Discussion in 'On The Road Again' started by Jive_Turkey, Mar 9, 2007.

1. Jive_Turkey

Jive_Turkey 1,000+ Posts

In a few weeks (late March), I'll be in Knoxville, TN for work for a few days. I'm kind of excited. I love college towns, and I've never been to the other UT. I think I'll be there from Sunday through Wednesday.

Any recommended restaurants, hotels, things to do? I should have some down time. And are there direct flights from Dallas to Knoxville? I'll have to look into that.

Thanks.

2. BostonRC

BostonRC 25+ Posts

When I was up there for the game in December, I ate at this BBQ place called Calhoun's on the River. Good food and a decent atmosphere. Don't remember the address, but the name is pretty accurate - it's right on the river. Hopefully they'll have the back patio dining area open when you are up there.

3. Jive_Turkey

Jive_Turkey 1,000+ Posts

Cool. Thanks.

Knoxville looks like a cool college town, with the other UT campus on the water and a cool downtown area.

4. longhrnfan

longhrnfan 500+ Posts

if you get bored chattnooga is less than a 2 hour drive away. They have lookout mountain (see 7 states from up top), some cool caves, and a pretty spectacular aquarium. Lots of good restaurants, too. Thats just if you get bored.