Gonna Miss You E-Bay!

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by Driftwood, Mar 3, 2008.

1. Driftwood

Driftwood 250+ Posts

We'll honor E-Bay as our only senior on Wednesday so I thought it would be cool to start a tribute for her here. She has such a great attitude and hustles more than any other player on the team. Her work ethic is incredible in practice, on the floor or in the weight room. She has muscles on her muscles.

Her folks have been wonderful coming to games to support her and the team and I'll miss them as well. We wish her well as she moves on from UT. I'll cry when we say adios.

Way to go E-Bay!! [​IMG]

2. BBV_Horn

BBV_Horn 1,000+ Posts

What an AWESOME lock-down defender she is....

And, she has been a very positive influence on the team...encouraging others, laughing, but taking her job seriously.

And she is genuinely a nice person as well....her folks, Ernie and Cheryl, did a great job with this young lady...

Yes, I will miss her, for sure...thanks for starting this post for her!!

I hope she runs around the stands to say goodbye like Stacy Stephens did!!

[​IMG]

3. basketsofhorns

basketsofhorns 100+ Posts

On my file cabinet at work are just a few action photos cut out of the Statesman. E bay is in evey one! She's leaping up (often higher than the head of the person who's trying to shoot), she scrabbling on the floor, she's hanging tough on the defense. I'll really miss you, E-bay, and all your energy. Here's hoping for a GREAT ending to your final season at UT. [​IMG]

4. kjgirl

kjgirl 500+ Posts

Best of luck in the future E-Bay, I can't believe your leaving already!

5. hoopsalot

hoopsalot 500+ Posts

[​IMG] E-Bay! You have the greatest smile and your energy is contagious. It's been a lot of fun to watch you play.

6. Hornsaway

Hornsaway 25+ Posts

Tremendous energy and a great attitude. Have so much enjoyed watching E-Bay for the past four years. Would have been interesting to see how she would have developed under Coach G on the offensive end for four years. BEST OF LUCK and THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR EFFORTS!!!

7. Rexy

Rexy 1,000+ Posts

Sure will miss ya, girl! Best of luck in whatever you do!!!

8. cynt

cynt 1,000+ Posts

EBAY thanks for 4 great years of Longhorn ball. Best wishes to you. May the next chapter in your life be full of success and prosperity.

9. hornhonker

hornhonker 100+ Posts

I will really, really miss your running leap into the Erwin Center! Best wishes for the future. Thank you for coming to Texas and sharing these four years with us.

10. Bill in Sinton

Bill in Sinton 5,000+ Posts

Thank you for these great years and best wishes in the future.

[​IMG]

11. #1UTFAN

#1UTFAN 25+ Posts

I am proud to have a picture on the wall of our breakfast area of E-Bay and myself. She and her parents are FIRST CLASS FOLKS! I am really glad she elected to attend UT Austin.

12. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Seems like only yesterday that I saw Ebay on her recruiting visit and met her the next summer. Time has flown and Ebay has given us some wonderful memories. I love watching her encouraging her teammates and hustling all over the floor during games and in practices (when they were open). It's been wonderful watching her reaction when she sinks a three this season.

Best wishes for your future endeavors, Ebay. Don't forget to come back and visit the Forty Acres once in a while. [​IMG]

13. horntooter

horntooter 25+ Posts

14. UTExinPDX

UTExinPDX 1,000+ Posts

[​IMG] Best of Luck to you E-Bay! [​IMG]

15. clearbrookhorn

clearbrookhorn 25+ Posts

Thank you so much E-BAY! [​IMG]

16. Driftwood

Driftwood 250+ Posts

For those who didn't see the game, E-Bay did the neatest thing just at end game. She ran to center court, dropped to the floor, and did a push up movement while kissing the Longhorn emblem on the floor. It was over in a minute. In her post game interview she said she REALLY loves Texas.

And Texas REALLY loves E-Bay.

Her Dad nearly missed the pregame tribute to her. They called her Mom down and Dad was nowhere in sight. Mom became more and more concerned waiting on the court and then at the last minute, Dad appeared. The world needs more people like the Balieys! We will miss you and your daughter.

Hope these little vignettes are of interest to those out on the internet. [​IMG]

17. cynt

cynt 1,000+ Posts

They mentioned the pushup and kiss at center court on the radio. I've been waiting for a picture to surface.

Does anyone have a picture?