Good draft so far

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by billygoat hill, Jun 7, 2013.

1. billygoat hill

billygoat hill 250+ Posts

Through ten rounds and only Trey Ball and Corey drafted. This could be the year we finally hold on to some talent.

2. Gontex

Gontex 100+ Posts

That is not necessarily a good thing. MLB drafts so many players that if you have any talent at all, someone will take you.

3. billygoat hill

billygoat hill 250+ Posts

They also shy away more and more if you declare you're going to college so not necessarily a bad thing. This is a good class and I'll always take a Shiraldi and a Clemens on my team. I'll also keep Payton and Weiss.

4. UT Horn Fan

UT Horn Fan 500+ Posts

5. Alex_de_Large

Alex_de_Large 1,000+ Posts

It's been good for OU too as 6'7 lefty Jake Elliot of Coppell has not been drafted yet. He pitched a 2 hitter against Heritage in the playoffs. Poor job of recruiting this kid.

6. Gontex

Gontex 100+ Posts

There are some good ones out there. Hopefully a few of them will become horns.

7. notanative

notanative 1,000+ Posts

It's announced this a.m. that Clemons is coming to UT over the Astros.

8. rfeem

rfeem 25+ Posts

Not a big deal, but Elliot is not a lefty. He is right handed, but nevertheless a quality pitcher. He has a younger brother who will also be a good one.

9. Alex_de_Large

Alex_de_Large 1,000+ Posts

My bad. Someone I know spoke to Elliot after his trip to Austin. I trust Skip knows what he is doing. I've also heard that our coaches think he is a good but not "special" pitcher. Hope it doesn't come back to bite us.