Good for The University of Texas!

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by rattfatt, Aug 20, 2017.

1. rattfatt

rattfatt 500+ Posts

The University president makes a great decision to remove the remaining racist confederate statues. If it were up to me I would just melt the pieces of evil racist scrap metal down.

2. UTChE96

UTChE96 2,500+ Posts

The only good statue is a dead statue.

3. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Amazing when they even start removing statues of Texas governors who were barely ten years of age at the beginning of the Civil War...

Fenves is going to lose far more contributions for the University than he stands to gain. But I doubt the SJW contingent thought that one through...

Wondering how long before that contingent realizes who the City of Austin was named for...

4. OrngNugz

OrngNugz 500+ Posts

http://president.utexas.edu/message...m_medium=referral&utm_campaign=UTAustinSocial

5. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  6. rattfatt

rattfatt 500+ Posts

You seem more concerned about the removal of statues rather than the evil racist views and history that they represent.

7. rattfatt

rattfatt 500+ Posts

All you're doing is making the point of how America has and continues to celebrate evil, racist, people. And why would Fenves lose contributions for the University for removing racist statues? You almost make it sound like those people condone or are racist.

8. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

I am very ashamed of UT now. Too late for this year, but will be dropping season football tickets next year. I now know how self-respecting Penn State alumni felt when the JoePa stuff came out. It is very embarrassing to be associated with a horribly administered institution run by a scumbag.

It is barely past 9 am and I have already heard from other UT alumni I know, young and old, that have said they will be ceasing donations and will be removing UT from their wills.

• Like Like x 3
  9. OrngNugz

OrngNugz 500+ Posts

Dont let the door hit you on the way ..

10. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

^ this comment would be more effective if UT actually stopped calling me for money. The administration sure does not want my checkbook to go out the door based on the regular calls and emails.

• Like Like x 1
  11. IvanDiabloHorn

IvanDiabloHorn 1,000+ Posts

My phone has been ringing off the wall this morning. This is the last straw for quite a few people regarding donations. Shameful action by the Fenves.
    May be its time to get involved with the Texas exes and start a new chapter that will give a voice to a lot of alums that have no voice at this time.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
  12. rattfatt

rattfatt 500+ Posts

Why would you be upset that a Public University removed racist statues? And good, you and all the others won't be missed.

13. rattfatt

rattfatt 500+ Posts

The people who are mad are just showing who they really are. For the life of me I can't understand how you could be mad over the removal of evil, racist, statues, It makes you wonder.

14. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

At least the statues will be out of harm's way where they will be much harder to vandalize. If Fenves would have said that was the reason, I might could go along. My donations stop now and I will be looking for a venue to tell them WHY they are stopping.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

I wonder if Fenves and all the people who want the statues removed are willing to give back all the evil white supremacist money back UT has received since 1883. I would really like to see how committed they are to removing vestiges of white supremacism and would what be left of UT without that money.

• Like Like x 1
  16. rattfatt

rattfatt 500+ Posts

If you don't like what I post you have an ignore button. I have every right to post on here just as you do I'm not breaking any rules.

17. rattfatt

rattfatt 500+ Posts

I wonder were the University would be if they didn't have predominantly black athletes making MILLIONS of dollars for the University.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

UT could shut down the entire athletic department and still exist. If it had to pay Littlefield and everyone else it considers a white supremacist back with interest, it would cease to exist.

19. rattfatt

rattfatt 500+ Posts

You do know you people are really looking like Raci....... for being mad about the removal of racist statues.

20. rattfatt

rattfatt 500+ Posts

The University would fail to exist without the government aid that many of you conservatives love to hate.

21. IvanDiabloHorn

You seem to be breaking Hornfan's unwritten rule of intelligent posting.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

I totally agree with cutting spending to UT. I personally know my state rep and will give him a call. Everytime the legislature has a budget crisis, they should start by taking money away from UT.

• Like Like x 1
  23. IvanDiabloHorn

I will have to see if Fenves pulled down the racist Malcom X Lounge sign as well last night.

24. OrngNugz

OrngNugz 500+ Posts

A intelligent post would have to include some kind of response to the subject at hand. Please go ahead and make a intelligent response to : "Erected during the period of Jim Crow laws and segregation, the statues represent the subjugation of African Americans. That remains true today for white supremacists who use them to symbolize hatred and bigotry."

• Like Like x 1
  25. rattfatt

rattfatt 500+ Posts

It must be very intelligent for you to go running to the moderators about me.

26. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

^ this is unintelligent, ignorant, irrational and illogical. I mean, white supremacists think Taylor Swift is an "Aryan goddess." Are we going to ban her too because that's what they think?

UT was founded during the period of segregation by former confederates. It was segregated for years. Maybe we should close down UT too.

27. rattfatt

rattfatt 500+ Posts

Thank you sir or ma'am you get it!

28. rattfatt

rattfatt 500+ Posts

Taylor Swift didn't fight and become a traitor in a losing war to keep slavery.

29. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

Hogg was one of our better governors and I fail to see why he is being removed. ASJ was a prominent figure in Texas republic history before the war.

But we can all rest easy now that the statues are gone because racism will magically disappear.

Austin advocated genocide of the Karankawas and Travis owned a slave (whose biography is worth a read) so let's change the name of the town and county where the school sits.

• Like Like x 2
  30. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

Neither did Hogg or Woodrow Wilson.

• Like Like x 1