Good job, Austin!

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Sangre Naranjada, Jul 7, 2019.

1. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

What got 2 Live Crew banned when we were younger is mainstream now. Her big hit now is called "WAP," which stands for "Wet-*** *****." Ain't that tasteful?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

It certainly can be if cleansed properly, but I don't need to hear anyone "singing" about it. I hadn't even heard of that person above until you mentioned her.

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Bull, if you want to reform with the greatest result, defund Congress!
    I remember when I thought the song “I wanna kiss you all over” was disgusting for my kids.

4. WillUSAF

WillUSAF 500+ Posts

The answer is no

5. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

How did a two year old serve so much time in the military?

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Teachers Unions should be abolished

• poop poop x 2
  7. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

“in support of wherever this is headed.”

omg!

8. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I remember my slightly older sister getting a ton of flack when my dad caught her listening to "I Wanna Sex You Up" by Color Me Bad and my older brother getting ripped for bringing home "Panama" by Van Halen. That stuff would be wildly tame today.

9. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

And then after you take it away, the situation that comes up which justified the original purchase will give rise to the question of why LEO's were sent into a situation without proper equipment.

Of course, if the left would allow proper clearing of the streets and prosecution of the rioters, then some of the equipment might cease to be necessary.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. WillUSAF

WillUSAF 500+ Posts

The second half is true but I still can not see any situation that the equipment I used in Iraq and Afghanistan has a place on our streets. There is plenty of equipment to hold rioters at bay. Tear gas, barriers, rubber bullets, intel. Other cities have stopped riots without the military surplus. Here in Cleveland they had 1 night then shut down all streets downtown the next morning and nothing else happened. We need leaders that have balls to do something about the anarchists. Period.

I'll say it again and again. They are Police NOT the Army or Marines clearing blocks in Mosul.....

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Speak for yourself.

• Funny Funny x 4
  12. BrntOrngStmpeDe

BrntOrngStmpeDe 1,000+ Posts

I do agree that it is a little too widespread and it is sometimes deployed a little too quickly, but there is also a case to be made for having it available for advanced threats. And those do exists here. I worked for SOUTHCOM for a bit and there are a few gangs that have some serious stuff to contend with. Maybe the answer is keeping this kind of response in the Fed's hands where the training is more extensive, but LEO's at some level need Military grade gear. There is also a case to be made for "show of force" tactics. It is one of the foremost ways we use the Navy these days. You park an aircraft carrier on someone's front porch and they think twice. They same goes for a bad guy staring out his window looking at 45 cops geared to the hilt with an armored vehicle parked on your front lawn. Maybe that show of force causes the bad guy to do a little different math and give himself up instead of fight it out.

13. WillUSAF

WillUSAF 500+ Posts

I definitely respect your opinion and to some degree I agree. But majority of these criminals are not intimidated by cops no matter what gear they have. Most have been to prison and are either: 1. not afraid to go back or 2. going out in a flame of glory. And to your point of leaving it up to the Feds that is agreeable but they have their hands tied by being restricted on what they can do and where they can do it.

14. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

Although this is not true, there is a reason to have overwhelming force behind the police.

15. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Could not agree more, man or woman for that matter.

• Like Like x 1
  16. WillUSAF

WillUSAF 500+ Posts

I would love to hear your reason.

17. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Having spent nearly 35 years working with and around the Texas prison system, there is a reason many don't worry about going back...they are coddled ever since the courts sought to interfere in the late 80's/early 90's. Add in that too many DA's play Monty Hall with minimal sentences and people just aren't that scared of the consequence.

It still isn't a place I want to call home, but it is nowhere NEAR what it was when building tenders ruled the roost...and nothing even remotely like what I saw when I first walked down the halls of Eastham in '87 (which at the time had just made a national magazine as 'America's Toughest Prison, admittedly based upon actions from two years earlier).

I still remember touring an Illinois prison circa '91 and before the feds screwed THEM up...their holding pen for disciplinary hearings still had the hooks in the wall to handcuff waiting convicts to.

• Hot Hot x 1
  18. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

It seems obvious, but since you don't see it, here ya go:

So the police don't get killed.

Ta da!

19. WillUSAF

WillUSAF 500+ Posts

great expalination!! :tap:

20. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

My brother was in Eastham at that time I believe. You might have met him. :lol:

• Funny Funny x 1
  21. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

Great response!:tap:

22. WillUSAF

WillUSAF 500+ Posts

thats the 3rd most intellectual response to an argument I have ever seen.

23. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

I try to speak to the intended audience.

• Funny Funny x 1
  24. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Cannot rule it out...although I usually knew the trouble-makers and NOT the ones trying to stay out of trouble ;)

25. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

My brother was a model prisoner. However, he never was a model citizen.

26. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Garme
    That is an interesting distinction.

27. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

An interesting one, but hardly a unique one...prisons are filled with people who actually do well under actual supervision but cannot run their own lives for squat...

Some of the best Clerk's we had back in the day were in for homicide...but this was also before the gang-banging thug nonsense took over. Most of the ones we had could be released and the biggest problem they might ever have again was drinking too much on a weekend...

28. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Even if you are dead. Or a cat. Or a dead cat.
    Just send it back, dont worry about filling it in, we will do that for you

29. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The Austin Mayor flew in a private plane to Cabo San Lucas where he then filmed himself telling citizens to ‘Stay Home’

• poop poop x 2
    • Hot Hot x 1
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2020
  30. Orangeyman

Orangeyman 100+ Posts

Unfortunately, this is so predictable.

• Agree Agree x 1