Good Luck to Texas Tech.

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by Horn6721, Apr 6, 2019.

1. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Wish it was the Horns
    But TT is representing the state and the Big 12.
    Wreck 'em Tech.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

For this weekend, Wreck 'em!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

Guns up Red Raiders!

• Like Like x 2
  4. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

I won't say, "guns up," but I am pulling for the TTs. They are winning as of now, and I am proud of them.

5. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Pulling for Tech ... under 40 sec. Tech up 60 -51

6. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Gonna be Cavs vs. Raiders Mon. night for the NC.

7. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

watching tech the past week has made me really darn jealous. Wish that was us. And to be honest I'm not sure why we couldn't be in this position.

I enjoyed our 2003 run, but to be honest we didn't show the toughness or resourceful nature this raider team has shown. I'm really impressed

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Walking Boss

Walking Boss 2,500+ Posts

The Tech defense is smothering. They give up very few open looks, they swarm and their help defense is superior. They know they will get help and the on ball defender crowds their man. They don’t panic on offense even when it is not going well. Beard is simply a good coach.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
  10. Horn2RunAgain

After the injury msu missed on some good match ups down low. Happy for tech but they need to tighten it up Monday if the injured big dude isn't 100%.

Very impressed with tech

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

Will be a red raider for a day on Monday, go Tech

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Izzo just said "the tougher team won." That says a lot folks.

From the dean of Big 10 coaches--which has a reputation as the 'black and blue', toughest, most physical college basketball league.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Horn2RunAgain

Saw that interview with Izzo. The guy is impressive

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Class act. One of the best.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

I’m very happy for TT. Hope they close the deal. I usually don’t watch the tournament but probably will Monday.

16. NM fan

NM fan 25+ Posts

Horn fan for life, but my Son was a PT grad at TTU. I too will be a Red Raider on Monday. Super pumped. Great story great defense

• Like Like x 2
  17. yelladawgdem

yelladawgdem 2,500+ Posts

I really like Beard for him making it clear what a good situation he took over from Tubby. Says a lot about the guy. Hoping the Raiders bring a title to West Texas.
    Get Your Horns AND Your Guns Up!!

:hookem2::texasflag::texasflag::texasflag::texasflag::texasflag::tech::texasflag::texasflag::texasflag::texasflag::texasflag::hookem2:

• Like Like x 6
  18. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

I'll definitely be pulling for Tceh Monday and I'm absolutely happy I don't know any Tceh grads. Act like you've been there Gap kid and good luck!!

:hookem:

19. Giovanni Jones

Giovanni Jones 2,500+ Posts

Riots overnight in Lubbock. A bad night for couches.

20. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Couches were burned in Lubbock last night.

21. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Just saw videos on the news.....again, it's not Columbus it's Lubbock. Act like you've been there!!

22. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Importantly, Beard very frequently substitutes and rotates fresh players in and out of the game--a lot more frequently than other coaches. This keeps fresh, rested players on the court which are necessary to run his furiously-paced defense.

Beard runs it almost like hockey lines where coaches are constantly running players in and out of the game to keep fresh players running/skating at a very fast past on the court/rink.

23. blonthang

blonthang 2,500+ Posts

Is this the otherwise famous "Havoc" defense? Or was that an offense?

Edit: By the way I mean those questions without being sarcastic, did Smart name his VCU team's style of play "Havoc" based on offensive, running, fast breaks, or on defensive aggressiveness, taking risks, physical contact, fouling, etc.?

Last edited: Apr 7, 2019
  24. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

I will never root for sand aggy football.
    But I can get behind their BBall team this once.
    :smokin:

• Like Like x 1
  25. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I have zero problem rooting 100% for Tech. I admit I used to actively cheer for them when they had the last living pirate coaching their football (except of course that one game per year). And I didnt even care when he locked up one of the criminal James Gang in a broom closet. And I also even find the tortilla toss amusing. (although I should add I do and will hate Michael Crabtree forever).
    To me, having Tech on the cusp of winning a natty is nothing like if it were ou or aggy in this game. That would be very different.

I want the state of Texas to pull down another title. Would be the first since UTEP in the 1960s(noting UH should have won it in '83 and arguably even another in '84 if Georgetown were not allowed to use players not even enrolled in their school).

The state could even win both the womens and the mens in the next 48 hours. Not to mention we already won the NIT World Championship this year. I never pull for Baylor in anything but I have sort of liked their coach ever since that great analogy she gave about playing aggy after they bailed out on the Big 12. She is spunky.

So I hope they both win.

26. blonthang

blonthang 2,500+ Posts

The pressure on a couple of UT Austin coaches if Tceh wins the men's and Baylor wins the women's wouldn't be a bad thing either.

They're all big boys and girls, and they know the unspoken, and spoken, expectations, but when two smaller schools in the neighborhood can do it ...

27. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

She's an ***-hat.
    I hope her team loses every game.
    You must not have heard her after games with Texas.

• Agree Agree x 2
  28. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

True, I have not.
    I am not a huge fan of Title IX and will just leave it there.
    But since we are where we are, I still want the state of Texas to pull down some more titles

29. Horn2RunAgain

I have to admit it... I liked Rodney Alison's game. A lot. Their big year with him was 76 when Earl was hurt and we went 5-5-1. I pulled for them to win the conference but they came up short vs UH in one of the most entertaining games I'd seen to that point. Allison and Steve Sloan were fun to watch.

Next year Fred came in and we were dominant again. The world was right... But Rodney Allison was a magician. Fun to watch in that offense.

• Agree Agree x 1
  30. blonthang

blonthang 2,500+ Posts

Tceh does seem to get some of the most quotable head coaches, at least in football.

Two of the best all-time at Tceh, Spike Dykes and Mike "the Pirate" Leach:

Sports story of the day.

“There’s Nothing Like Lubbock in Your Rear View Mirror”

Mack Brown recalled playing Spike Dykes' Red Raiders in Lubbock and meeting the game officials beforehand with Spike around the 50-yard line between the teams warming up.

After exchanging some pleasantries with Brown, the officials then turned to Dykes and traded some small talk.

"Spike, how's momma?" one of the refs said. "Is she still doing good?” They chit-chatted for a few more minutes, but as they parted, he turned to Spike and said, “We'll get over for dinner in the spring."

Later in the game, Brown further knew he was in trouble. When Texas Tech recovered an onside kick late in the game, the ref said, "Our ball."

There was nothing like playing in Lubbock for Mack Brown.

------------

Leach (explicit language, proceed at your own ears' peril):

• Like Like x 1