Good Shrimp Recipe

Discussion in 'Rusty's Grill' started by baylorbear245, Jan 11, 2009.

1. baylorbear245

baylorbear245 100+ Posts

Ok here's my deal, I've got 2 lbs of shrimp that I plan on preparing someway for friends. Normally I would just boil them but I'm tired of that and I dont have any good grilling ideas besides soaking them in olive oil and tonys and tossing them on the grill. Does anyone have a good recipe that isnt too complicated? Thanks!

2. someone

someone 250+ Posts

throw a gumbo or etouffe (sp?) together.

Or wrap them in bacon with cream cheese and japs and throw them on the gril.

3. kbrown

kbrown 1,000+ Posts

I think shrimp is best just boiled and the chilled;
    I do have a killer recipe for shrimp salad but I suspect your shrimp are larger that salad shrimp

4. longhrnfan

longhrnfan 500+ Posts

shrimp and grits. look it up. bad asssssssssss.

or go with cajun bbq shrimp (in oven).

5. SAChick

SAChick 500+ Posts

Fried shrimp? Had some big gulf coast shrimp recently both grilled and fried. The fried is just so good.

6. BigLeonard

BigLeonard 100+ Posts

Buy and cook linguini, de-vein shrimp, melt 2 tablespoons of butter in pan, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil, throw two/three cloves of minced garlic, throw in lemon (sliced thinly), throw in shrimp, add handful of flat leaf parsley, some red pepper flakes, salt, pepper. Pour over cooked pasta, dump a bunch of parm on top, voila!

7. jmrob93

jmrob93 Guest

grilled

food processor or blender
    1 bunch of cilantro
    juice of 3 limes
    1 tbsp fresh garlic
    2 tbsp fresh ginger
    2 jalapeno
    1/2 cup olive oil

that's the marinade-- a few hrs or overnight

grill-- amazing, spicy, tangy--several flavors and hints-- everyone will call you a genius

8. Gen. Applewhite

Gen. Applewhite 25+ Posts

ever been to paesano's in san antonio? they are famous for their namesake schrimp dish. this is a copycat recipe that ive found to be pretty close. link

the real thing is amazing, this is merely fantastic. it can be served alone, or with white rice or fettucini or something. i like it alone with some warmed french bread to mop up the sauce.

9. Beau Vine

Beau Vine 1,000+ Posts

For the life of me, I don't understand why anyone would foul the flavor of shrimp by doing anything other than boiling or grilling them.

10. baylorbear245

baylorbear245 100+ Posts

11. Mrmyke709

Mrmyke709 1,000+ Posts

If they're big enough....Cajun BBQ shrimp.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ridiculously easy.

12. baylorbear245

baylorbear245 100+ Posts

Looks good, how do i go about making that? I'm not that gifted where i can look at a picture and do it. [​IMG]

13. Ag with kids

Ag with kids 2,500+ Posts

* 2 pounds butter (Yes, you read right. Two pounds. Eight sticks. Don't whine. DO NOT use margarine! Real butter only.)
    * 2 tablespoons Creole seasoning, to taste; OR
    o 2 - 3 teaspoons cayenne pepper and 3 - 4 teaspoons black pepper, to taste
    * 2 tablespoons chopped rosemary leaves
    * 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
    * 6 ounces good beer (microbrewery is preferable to mainstream swill)
    * 5 - 10 cloves garlic, finely minced (or as much as you like)
    * 1 medium onion, very finely minced
    * 3 ribs celery, very finely minced
    * 3 - 4 tablespoons chopped parsley
    * 2 teaspoons fresh-squeezed lemon juice
    * 5 pounds shrimp, heads and shells on

(This feeds 8-10 people, BTW ... cut it in half if you need to.)

Melt a stick of the butter in a skillet. Saute the garlic, onions, celery, parsley, rosemary and seasoning blend for about 2 - 3 minutes.

Melt the rest of the butter. Add the beer (drink the rest of the bottle). Add the sauteed stuff, Worcestershire and lemon juice.

Drown the shrimp in the seasoned butter, using as many baking dishes as you need. Make sure the shrimp are more or less submerged. If they're not ... melt more butter and add to the sauce. (Aah, what the hell ... what's another stick or two when you're already up to these butterfat levels?) Bake in a 350 degree oven until the shrimp turn pink, about 15 minutes.

Serve in big bowls. Put in a handful of shrimp and ladle lots of the spicy butter sauce over it. Roll up your sleeves and wear a bib (DO NOT wear nice clothes when eating this!) Serve with plenty of French bread to sop up da sauce!

Try to avoid going to have your cholesterol and triglycerides taken for a few weeks afterward. Remember that this is a special treat. Don't eat this all the time if you want to live. But hey, every now and again ... LIVE!

Adjust the measurements down for only having 2 lb of shrimp...