good win for yall

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by PropositionJoe, Nov 9, 2013.

1. PropositionJoe

PropositionJoe 2,500+ Posts

on the road, in OT...great win for the horns.

congrats.

2. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

Like pulling teeth, but a win is a win.
    Thnx [​IMG]

3. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

The honeymoon is over now, though. Barely beating WVa does not bode well for how we will do against OSU and Baylor

4. tejas77

tejas77 1,000+ Posts

Thanks Joe.

5. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

Oklahoma State lost AT WVU by 9 points

6. Dogbert

Dogbert 500+ Posts

Yeah, OSU is going to kill us because, well look what they did to WV. Oh, they lost? Never mind.

7. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

We shall see. I hope I am wrong.

8. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

Crowd gave them a huge lift. So did putting out their QB. 2nd string guy had a lot more poise.

9. Kadabra

Kadabra 100+ Posts

Good God, such negativity on this board. I wonder if you set the bar low so that you can be pleasantly surprised, or so that you won't be disappointed. Either way, get used to being stuck in middle management the rest of your lives.

Glad you're not our coach. You'd tell the kids: "well, enjoy it guys, because we're probably going to go 1-2 in the last 3 games. I mean you all got OSU and Baylor, and we know they are way better than you. But GOOD GAME!"

Do us all a favor and stay off the board and instead go hang out at the bar and keep staring at the hot girl across the bar, never really going over to talk because "she'll turn me down".

Good grief.

GOOD GAME FOR THE HORNS. BEAT THE HELL OF OF OSU AND TO HELL WITH THE NAY SAYERS.

10. Mesohorny

Mesohorny 1,000+ Posts

Who the hell are you? Little Miss Sunshine? You must not have watched much Texas football the last four seasons.

11. centexorange

centexorange 1,000+ Posts

Barely beating WVa does not bode well for how we will do against OSU and Baylor

Who do you think beat Okie st??

12. jayakris

jayakris 2,500+ Posts

13. centexorange

centexorange 1,000+ Posts

This is a good win. Not anything great, but certainly worth being happy about.

We lost this same type of game two years ago'

14. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

15. jayakris

jayakris 2,500+ Posts

Agreed. Kadabra's post was also overboard.

As it was sunshine, it didn't upset me, that's all [​IMG]

16. Hornia

Hornia 250+ Posts

Well, the Horns certainly don't stand a chance in the last three games....Case McCoy is the QB.

17. Mesohorny

Mesohorny 1,000+ Posts

I've been watching Longhorn football for 50 years, so I'm very aware of more than the past four years.

Bottom line: Texas did not play very well against a bad football team regardless of where it was played and were LUCKY to leave with a win. No gut checks tonight, lots of unbelievable play calling (how many more times will MB/Major insist on running up the middle against eight and sometimes nine in the box, sideline and endzone corner passes that Case can't make, soft d), poor timeout management, leaving a good player in who for some reason was having a ****** game and whose many mistakes nearly cost the game <ahem: Daje>, and basically playing on the last drive in regulation for a fg to tie the game and hope to win in OT instead of trying to win at the end.

Everyone here is glad they won, but it was an ugly showing by the Texas football team. Not enough lipstick in West Virginia to pretty-up that pig.

[​IMG]

18. jayakris

jayakris 2,500+ Posts

19. jayakris

jayakris 2,500+ Posts

20. Kadabra

Kadabra 100+ Posts

If you checked, I've been on this board since 2003. I rarely have posted until recently.

I have more street cred than a lot of you. I was there during the shellackings from OU back before our NC. I've done my time with that. I was there with LHB having to play for our team when all of you would always leave.

The point i'm making is no matter what, you all will never be satisfied.

Good teams find a way to win. Just win. Period. Doesn't matter how. IF you look back at all good teams in history, there are times when they flat out looked horrible.

So yes, I do want to get on your case. Call me Miss Sunshine, but it's better than the alternative: a Debbie downer like yourself.

21. texas_ex2000

texas_ex2000 2,500+ Posts

22. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

23. Mesohorny

Mesohorny 1,000+ Posts

Your "street cred" does not equal "board cred", so you can blow that out your ***, regardless of how long you've been registered. As Third Coast said, where do you get off telling anyone who posts their opinion here about what they saw last night to stay off the board?

As I posted, I'm glad we won the game and still in good shape to win B12, but if you were an honest football observer you'd admit that it was an error-filled, questionably-schemed game that doesnt bode well for the upcoming rough part of the schedule. Get your pompoms out of our faces and get real.

[​IMG]

24. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

I told my co-workers that we were due for a stinker of a game. This was when we were down 9-0. At the time I was hoping we would find a way to pull one out of our asses and we did. So I'm happy about that but Meso and the others are right. It was an overall ugly performance with a few very pretty plays thrown in. And just enough to get the hell out of there with the W. I'm ok with that.

25. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

26. OldHippie

OldHippie 2,500+ Posts

I just hope the win was so ugly that UT remains unranked and OSU is favored by 7 or more. It is good for this team to be the underdog.

27. Bevo's Buddy

Bevo's Buddy 500+ Posts

I'll take an ugly win over a pretty loss every single time. And I sure as hell wouldn't spend my time on a message board bitching about the ugly win. [​IMG]

That being said, let's hope the WVU performance serves as a wake-up call for the team (and coaches).

28. Texanne

Texanne 5,000+ Posts

I'm glad we won. But we sure as hell have a lot of work to do.

29. Gadfly

Gadfly 250+ Posts

PropJoe needs us to win out and lose to Baylor so the Ags can have a revenge game in the Cotton Bowl. (And Missouri needs to win out and lose close to Bama in the SEC championship).

30. PropositionJoe

PropositionJoe 2,500+ Posts

My ideal scenario involves us and Bama winning out and auburn losing to Georgia this weekend. That would likely put A&M in the sugar bowl.

Don't really have a dog in the big12 fight but id prefer whomever wins between y'all and osu to win out and beat Baylor to win the conference.